Flavors seem off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighid

Feb 20, 2012
Indiana
Last week I received my first shipment of juice from Pink Spot. Originally I had cleaned & refilled old cartos, but then I picked up some blanks yesterday & filled them. The flavors don't seem right. The first couple of hits seemed great but now they taste funny. I filled them before bed. I noticed after the first couple of hits on each flavor last night they seemed off. They have seemed like this no matter if I use recycled & cleaned cartos or new ones.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong in the filling process, I've watched several videos and it is easy enough. Using a syringe, btw.

So now I'm wondering about tanks & such for the 808's. I need to do some research but I'm not really sure what a tank is lol. Not sure if I can get one for my model, etc.

Pretty disappointing that these flavors seemed awesome the first 2 - 4 hits, and now taste either very muted or just completely off.

Any help would be great! Thank you =)

PS - the juice had been steeping for a week after finding my flavors to be kind of dull when I first got them, so I've been using menthol cartos I can get local. Those have very strong flavor where as these Pink Spot vapors seem very muted. Example: Last night I finally tried my sample of the Pink Spot flavor and the first couple of hits... WOW! It was AMAZING! But after that, it tastes bad.

Pretty frustrating!

Last edited:

RaRvn

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Charleston, SC / USA
Last week I received my first shipment of juice from Pink Spot. Originally I had cleaned & refilled old cartos, but then I picked up some blanks yesterday & filled them. The flavors don't seem right. The first couple of hits seemed great but now they taste funny. I filled them before bed. I noticed after the first couple of hits on each flavor last night they seemed off. They have seemed like this no matter if I use recycled & cleaned cartos or new ones.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong in the filling process, I've watched several videos and it is easy enough. Using a syringe, btw.

So now I'm wondering about tanks & such for the 808's. I need to do some research but I'm not really sure what a tank is lol. Not sure if I can get one for my model, etc.

Pretty disappointing that these flavors seemed awesome the first 2 - 4 hits, and now taste either very muted or just completely off.

Any help would be great! Thank you =)

PS - the juice had been steeping for a week after finding my flavors to be kind of dull when I first got them, so I've been using menthol cartos I can get local. Those have very strong flavor where as these Pink Spot vapors seem very muted. Example: Last night I finally tried my sample of the Pink Spot flavor and the first couple of hits... WOW! It was AMAZING! But after that, it tastes bad.

Pretty frustrating!

I'm having the same problem, but my taste tends to quickly turn to plastic. I don't think it's the cartomizers (Boge) because people seem to think they're pretty great. I think I'm filling them inadequately, or just wrong.

I'm getting frustrated, too.

Brighid

Feb 20, 2012
Indiana
Testing process:

Use a clean atomizer (not a carto) and drip to taste.

Cartos all taste like plastic crap to me. That's why I use atties and drip. It's not for everyone, but having an atty around for taste testing is a great way to test juice flavors even if you normally use cartos. YMMV.

Hi Atty, not sure I know much about the atomizers so I'll have to research them. I don't get a plastic taste, just an "off" taste. Again, not sure how to describe it. The generic menthol cartos I'm buying are fine and flavorful (and not half bad) but I'd prefer to use my Black Mamba & Snowman's kiss! And try the Pink Spot flavor they sent a sample of, which seemed awesome the first 2 puffs.

May be a stupid question, can you get atty & drip (drip tank?) for an 808 battery?

I'm trying not to spend too much here too lol.

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
A dedicated dripper should consider a bottom feeder. Instead of taking off the DT and putting in a few drops every few minutes, you would just lightly squeeze the bottle and feed the atty from the bottom. Easier, quicker, and more convenient. If you sometimes use cartos instead of dripping, you prefill a carto, put it on the bottom feeder and then just lightly squeeze the bottle to feed more eliquid to the carto instead of taking off the DT and refilling from the top. It's easy to keep cartos wet with this method. No muss, no fuss and very convenient whichever method you use to vape.

The Reos are wonderful for ease and convenience whichever way you vape. I've never tried any other bottom feeder so can't comment on them.

Brighid

Feb 20, 2012
Indiana
I'm going to try the fluxomizer before I switch to a dripping/atty method and see if it gives me the results I want. They are out of stock on the 808 model, so I'm going with the 501 with an adapter. Hope this helps my e-juice experience.

It's not my taste buds, it's definitely something to do with the cartos. Like I said, the first couple of hits are good, then it tastes way off and very muted from there on out, even if I switch up the cartos to a diff flavor.

If this doesn't work, well, I will be looking at something else. Perhaps a new battery & atomizer type deal, who knows.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome =)

Lilkcceleb

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
Kansas City
I seem to get a nasty burnt taste from cartos so I stay away from them. I think it's because of the polyfil inside of them. If I am not dripping I use the cartridges lol old I know but it's still a favorite method of mine. When the flavor is changed by the carto, I can't stand it. Recently I have been using Sapphires and the flavor tastes great.

CrystalClaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
NYC
I ordered the sampler pack of Pink Spot juices and every bottle was weird. The first few vapes were very good but after that, they all took on a weird taste. I've purchased 70 bottles of juice from various vendors and never experienced anything even remotely similar. I checked this forum and sure enough, there was other people who dealt with the same situation. I was very disappointed, especially given the cost of these juices.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Hi Atty, not sure I know much about the atomizers so I'll have to research them. I don't get a plastic taste, just an "off" taste. Again, not sure how to describe it. The generic menthol cartos I'm buying are fine and flavorful (and not half bad) but I'd prefer to use my Black Mamba & Snowman's kiss! And try the Pink Spot flavor they sent a sample of, which seemed awesome the first 2 puffs.

May be a stupid question, can you get atty & drip (drip tank?) for an 808 battery?

I'm trying not to spend too much here too lol.

Is it a burnt taste?

Yes, you can get atomizers for 808's. IDK about drip tanks... but drip tips... yes.

IF it's a burnt juice taste... maybe your juice is too thick? Wicking issue then. I think that... is it Katya... has a burning carto thread about a million posts long that talks about these issues. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...10-kr808-4081-etc-filler-type-cartos-348.html You may try thinning the juice a bit with some PG and/or a single drop of water.

If it's a chemical taste... maybe try another e-juice. Also, did you mention what carto it is an what ohms?

Having an atomizer is kind of a "test kit" for juices. They are metal, not plastic, and can be dripped into to test 3 drops worth of juice to see how it reacts. If it tastes different in your carto than an atty, you'll know it's a mechanical issue and not the juice. However, you can still use cartos the rest of the time. The atty is not mandatory, just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread