Flavors we want from Drew..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flotsam

Jul 6, 2009
Alaska
Kristin, you should offer your services as master mixologist, lots of great ideas there. I don't have that talent. You can see where my sensibilities are, beer and pizza. And my noob-ness is showing. I went through that whole list without looking at whether the flavors were oil or water based. That does in the bacon cheeseburger idea, too, oil-based cheese. But there's still hope for the BLT!

I noticed there were both chocolate and cocoa flavors listed. I keep thinking about a dark chocolate flavor, like a mouthful of warm cocoa. But every chocolate I try, premixed or DIY, doesn't cut it. I wonder if the cocoa butter we can't use in our vapor is the missing ingredient?

Thanks for the insight and imagination!
Susan

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin, you should offer your services as master mixologist, lots of great ideas there. I don't have that talent. You can see where my sensibilities are, beer and pizza. And my noob-ness is showing. I went through that whole list without looking at whether the flavors were oil or water based. That does in the bacon cheeseburger idea, too, oil-based cheese. But there's still hope for the BLT!

I noticed there were both chocolate and cocoa flavors listed. I keep thinking about a dark chocolate flavor, like a mouthful of warm cocoa. But every chocolate I try, premixed or DIY, doesn't cut it. I wonder if the cocoa butter we can't use in our vapor is the missing ingredient?

Thanks for the insight and imagination!
Susan
Thanks Susan - I admit I'd have fun with this if I could! LOL

This is from the flavourart site that they sell for e-liquid mixing:
"MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, and it is a major breakthrough in taste technology for PV users.
Based on our thorough understanding of taste mechanisms, we have developed a product which we believe will increase the pleasure of your vaping experience.
MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid."

I think something like this, to remove that slightly acidic/sour taste from the PG/VG base, would help some flavors like mint and chocolate improve greatly. I would also suggest adding a milk, butter or cream flavor to the cocoa/chocolate to flesh it out a bit like real chocolate.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Actually, with the little amount of oil that is in them, once combined with PG/VG, there should be no problem.
I suspected that too, but never having made my own liquids, I don't know the amounts/percentages used. So, I didn't want a bunch of people getting pizza flavored oil and blowing their attys! LOL

But, I do know oil-based flavors are highly discouraged around the forum with DIYers.

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
Super ideas!!!!! the possibilities are endless! Maybe we should clone Drew so one of him can devote all his time to juice creation! I think a larger variety of "clean" flavors (no oils, artificial colorings, chemical taste, etc.) will become available as time goes by, for sure the market will be there as more people transition from smoking to vaping.
All day today I've been imagining all kinds of unique custom flavors...carrot cake...spumoni...churro....eclair....red velvet....bourbon pecan pie...and on and on!! Good thing I have replaced snacking with vaping!! Hey, I'm surprized no one has come out with a "weight-watchers" juice yet!!! haha, there's a billion dollar market!!

or think about the opposite direction, I really appreciate that Drew offers lung and green tea and Vit-C juices and would be thrilled to see more juices with holistic/cleansing/healing benefits- in fact, that qwest led me to NHaler in the first place. probably most medicinal herbs could could be tinctured for e-juice. or something light like a refreshing, cool, crisp cucumber/lemon/apple with a bit of chlorophyll from parsley or cilantro, wow that sounds really good, at least to me (but I'm a juicer person so I am used to drinking green drinks).

Flotsam

Jul 6, 2009
Alaska
I have to admit, before I tried Drew's licorice flavor, I put a few drops of anise oil into some PG and tried it. Anise is such a strong flavor, it didn't take much. Besides the fact that everything it touched reeked of licorice, no harm was done to the atomizer. But I feel a little uneasy about vaping OIL. I haven't read anything bad about it, but that's because I haven't read anything about it. Has anyone?

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
I havent been able to find a chocolate theat really tases like chocolate to me...They take on a wierd flavor, especially when Mixed with other flavors and the chocolate dissappears...

Ok forgive me if this is ignorant..
I steep my own vanilla to add to my mixes with "pure vanilla" can you do this with pure cocoa? I know it would need a sweetener.. but then mix with the flavors??

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I havent been able to find a chocolate theat really tases like chocolate to me...They take on a wierd flavor, especially when Mixed with other flavors and the chocolate dissappears...
Have you tried Favourart's? Also, maybe my idea of mixing it with a little cream or vanilla flavor? And that product that Flavourart offers - to reduce acidity/sourness - could do the trick, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread