• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Chat - Hi !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Nope, corporate marched in, terminated my bosses contract and we were done.
They even had an electrician out in 2 hours to take the signage down and scrape the name off the door !

Hellzbellz...it took 3 months for them to get it put up in the first place when we moved to that location !

I hate corporate - and I didn't even work for them !!
Here's a kicker...I can't take another of the same type of job within a 1 mile radius of there for 1 year due to a non-compete I had to sign. Isn't that bs...they didn't sign my paycheck yet they can control where I work.

And yes...Florida courts WILL honor a non-compete

Makes me sick.
That really sucks. I hate corporates too. They sit in their fancy offices and make decisions that affect people without having the slightest idea how it all works in the real world.

DH works part-time for one of the big stores and that's what happened there a few months ago. Corporate decided to restructure (hate that concept too...another way to say people lose their jobs but the big guys don't lose a penny) and they let a bunch of people go. No more full time jobs except for management and not enough employees on the floor to serve customers.

Reactions: classwife

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Here's a kicker...I can't take another of the same type of job within a 1 mile radius of there for 1 year due to a non-compete I had to sign. Isn't that bs...they didn't sign my paycheck yet they can control where I work.

And yes...Florida courts WILL honor a non-compete
Whoa! Even under these circumstances, where they closed their local office and dumped you on the street? They didn't leave anything for you to "compete" with!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So just now, this guy decided to take a break from fishing right in front of my web-cam:

t8EIKl6.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I have to admit, I'm a bit antsy and I'm not even down there at the moment. :oops:

Well as it stands right now NO NEED to come on down unless "Irma" decides to go up the cost like "Sandy" did . . . Which was NOT NICE - I was on one of "My" frequent trips to Phila/NYC when she showed up there (was very costly & difficult to get back to Florida too). . . :facepalm:

That's the reason we moved to north FL instead of central which we like best.

Less chance if hurricanes. But our hurricane evac bag is always ready during H season.

AND - That's what gets "Me" . . . The people who live in Hurricane prone areas should always be ready to pick-up and go or hunker down . . . This MAD RUSH around everywhere to get supplies is insane at times . . . Learned a long time ago when I moved here to get supplies when the "Season" starts and just keep up with the bare necessities as NEEDED . . . Matter of fact, got extra batteries during free tax school weekend, filled up with Gas just last week and then topped it off yesturday. . . All that's left to do is, take "Stuff" out of harms way, gonna start "getting rid" of perishable foods, charging recyclables, and finally finish packing extras I want to take with "Me" to best friends home (which is out of the Flood area where I live) and pack car up . . . SO - READY - SET - * * * * If "Irma" does come comes closer or ashore * * * * GO. . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

tornado.gif

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, I think it's funny as heck; forecast a bit below freezing in FL and people go nuts. :blink:

Meanwhile where I am right now, it's going to the low single digits to ring in the new year. :shock:

Thankfully, I should be back in Sunny FL by the second week in January, and by then anything above freezing should feel downright balmy. :D

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
Can you all believe the temps we're getting through next week? Up here in the Jax area we expect 28 degrees three nights next week. It's plain crazy.
I know right! I'm about 350 miles west of you and they're saying three nights of low 20's and even possible teens. I guess the bright side is it will at least get cold enuff to kill off the mosquitoes lol. Last year it didn't do that which made for a brutal summer lol

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I know right! I'm about 350 miles west of you and they're saying three nights of low 20's and even possible teens. I guess the bright side is it will at least get cold enuff to kill off the mosquitoes lol. Last year it didn't do that which made for a brutal summer lol
350 miles west puts you in the panhandle right?

And welcome to the Florida Club page and ECF :).

Reactions: XRec C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread