Floridas Constitutional Amendment #9 IDIOTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
PROHIBITS OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS DRILLING; PROHIBITS vaping IN ENCLOSED INDOOR WORKPLACES

Prohibits drilling for the exploration or extraction of oil and natural gas
beneath all state
owned waters between the mean high water line and the state’s outermost
territorial boundaries. Adds use of vapor generating electronic devices to current prohibition of tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces with exceptions; permits more restrictive local
ordinances.

Who are the idiots that attached vaping to an oil and gas amendment! Freaking idiots! Nobody wants offshore drilling so guess what's going to happen to indoor vaping here in Fl.?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Who are the idiots that attached vaping to an oil and gas amendment!
    Poli(s) that wanted something passed that probably wouldn't get passed unless sneaked in. Happens all the time.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yes, that is the oldest trick in the book. Most folks have NO CLUE what is attached in amendments to a bill, so that is where sneaky, underhanded stuff gets shoved, that is totally unrelated to the actual bill being passed. Lobbyists "help" their congress persons with that issue, also (as if they need any help).

Another great trick (when dealing with budgets) is the great "I will shut the government down" trick that our legislators enjoy playing. Gets a lot of "controversial spending" through a budget because everyone LIKES the idea of you know, sitting at home not getting paid, but in some positions you also have to KEEP WORKING and not get paid, so it's like pretty dire but a very effective threat and whomever is holding up the process and calmly stating "I haven't achieved enough graft" yet, like, maybe just accepts a little less graft because they know their "district" of mailmen will come kill them and or whatever.

The more I learn about politics, the more I'm like "How does this thing work at all how on earth are we all NOT DEAD yet?????" and I genuinely mean it, like, I always considered the human state precarious, but why more governments are not overthrown especially in the US, well, I mean things have gotten PRETTY BAD. Etc.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Why do they allow more than one subject in a ballot initiative?

This one from the California initiative routine. While we end up will 50 on the ballot. Only one subject and no cute gaming like that

The initiative is the power of the people of California to propose statutes and to propose amendments to the California Constitution. (Cal. Const., art. II, § 8(a).) Generally, any matter that is a proper subject of legislation can become an initiative measure; however, no initiative measure addressing more than one subject area may be submitted to the voters or have any effect. (Cal. Const., art. II, §§ 8(d), 12.) An initiative measure is placed on the ballot after its proponents successfully satisfy the requirements described in this guide and it is certified by the Secretary of State on the 131st day before a statewide general election.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    PROHIBITS OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS DRILLING; PROHIBITS VAPING IN ENCLOSED INDOOR WORKPLACES

Prohibits drilling for the exploration or extraction of oil and natural gas
    beneath all state
    owned waters between the mean high water line and the state’s outermost
    territorial boundaries. Adds use of vapor generating electronic devices to current prohibition of tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces with exceptions; permits more restrictive local
    ordinances.

Who are the idiots that attached vaping to an oil and gas amendment! Freaking idiots! Nobody wants offshore drilling so guess what's going to happen to indoor vaping here in Fl.?

Oh that wasn't cheap!
    Follow the money.

Cheers
    I

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
    THE one good thing about IL lawmaking.

Just wosh theyd find some middle ground? IL bounces b/t extremes>
    We’re either locking them up as over the top crooks
    -OR-
    Best ‘O the Best
    Like Tammy Duckworth, Barack Obama...just ready to respect political diffs.
    Ive always been linked to downstate horse country (solid Dems)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Pathetic. We all just got along when it was all about the vape. The last thing in the world a bureaucratic gov wants to see is community. We're top to bottom broke in America. And news flash, gov ain't gonna fix it.

Despite the language barring vaping in the "workplace", here's how Florida Today is already referring to it…

The second part of the amendment prohibits the indoor use of e-cigarettes and vaping devices. The amendment doesn’t restrict use of these devices inside private residences (unless they’re used for child or health care) nor in standalone bars or hotel rooms where smoking is allowed.

In other words, the legislature will have to specifically define the exceptions, e.g. by calling it smoking, effectively reinforcing the correlation to tobacco. It's foreseeable I think that every and any jurisdiction may undertake to codify specific restriction in the absence of specific allowances of "smoking", riding on the coattails of this amendment. So a ban is now permissible…with the State of Florida never having defined that vaping is tobacco, the harm or public interest. I have little doubt that this amendment will be undertaken as the precedent to bar all vaping (except as they permit) in the longterm as I suggested variously since its announcement.

They own us. But only by the deceptive and unlawful manner in which they achieve it.

Good luck all. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Why do they allow more than one subject in a ballot initiative?

Only the Constitution Revision Commission may "bundle" proposals as citizen sponsored initiatives may not. A single round of public hearings were scheduled on very short public notice here. Then it was buried stalled in committee per the website until close to election time. The ensuing court challenges affecting this amendment were ultimately hasty, narrow in scope and mostly focused on the legality of bundling and not the substance of this particular amendment to my reading. Frankly they very well should have been considered even on the drilling. But offshore drilling is such a hot button issue to us Floridians I don't think most of us would stop seeing red long enough to read beyond the title. And I think this was the intent.

This was one of the most blatant blind sided political attacks on the public I've ever seen I think since the income tax and federal reserve. Oh crikey, did I just imply it was all about the money?

I would hope someday America would return to lawful government to acknowledge that such law creation is clearly unconstitutional in its violation of the property right. That the State is not all powerful. But it will take us realizing that our neighbor is equal in their rights. That would be true egalitarianism and not the unprincipled theoretical .......ized government we are experimenting with.

Good luck. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread