The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Flower Contest!!!

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by Big Moe, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Big Moe

Big Moe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Hi All,

I was discussing below ideas for flower beds and yard landscaping. Let's start a contest. Upload a photo of your yard, flower bed, landscaping, and you will be entered in a drawing for a free e-juice bottle. Submit your picture by Sunday at noon and the winner will be announced sunday evening

2. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Our papaya plants before the freeze got them:(

[​IMG]

3. spacekitty

spacekitty Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    SoCal, USA
    I live in a large apt. building, so no garden for me...
    but this is something in the courtyard here that I thought was really clever!! :D

[​IMG]

Thanks!!

4. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Rave's neighbor!
    I lived in an apt building also so no gardening for landscaping for me either but I did grow this Lillie on my deck.

[​IMG]

5. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I didn't know that you guys got a freeze!!!! I know we did in Ohio!!!

6. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Several freezes this year!!!!

7. Bolivar

Bolivar Super Member ECF Veteran

morning glories.jpg

Morning Glories in their morning glory.

They cover a whole trellis.

8. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I just did yard work all day today so I will take a picture in the morning! Yay! Thanks for the contest!

9. Skypea

Skypea Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Stevens, WA
    image.jpg

Thank you for the contest! I'm excited to see all the submissions. I love to garden! I grow blueberries and vegetables on my back deck in large pots. I can't have a lovely flower bed because my yard is a zoo! I never know what wild animals will pay me a visit. These deer are frequent visitors and eat what they please but stay off my deck. Please excuse the deer on the right doing her business. I love her for showing respect and leaving her droppings in the compost pile!

Edit: This photo can be best seen if you click on it. I used a direct upload as I was having trouble linking it and it being too large. I can't seem to figure it out. Too small or too large! lol

10. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Here are a couple of my flower beds that I made and added to over the last 3 years. They have not bloomed yet, but when they do they are beautiful!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. vvaappeerr

vvaappeerr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Tennessee, USA
    Here is a picture of one of my double knockout roses. I planted two of them in 2010 and they are still going strong. The next year I added a couple of yellow single knockout rose bushes. This year I added nandinas and a burning bush. I can't wait to see the burning bush bloom. Landscaping is expensive and hard work but now that I finally have what I want I will be shopping the clearance racks to add to my collection.

222365_10150252652595407_490033_n.jpg

Thanks for the contest!

12. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    [​IMG] this my new mum my hubby got for me...I prefer live plants instead of cut flowers so I can plant them!!

13. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    That's awesome!!!

14. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Those are very pretty!!! Im with you - cut flowers are pretty but don't last long at all.

15. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Would love to see the burning bush!

16. Skypea

Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Thank you! I do enjoy watching the deer. Sometimes they start running around doing crazy 8's. lol
    I love your roses!! The deer ate mine. I tried. :)

Wow hard work you have put in wvducklady. Looks so good!

Good luck with the contest everyone. Keep the pictures coming. Love it!

17. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Thanks Skypea! It has been hard work for sure! Lol I always look at yard progects and think, "heck I will get that done in no time"......but yard work is never that easy or fast! Lol

18. Skypea

Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Stevens, WA
    No. Your rocks were my first clue. Rocks are hard work! lol

Have a good Saturday everyone.

19. wvducklady

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Lol Rocks are hard work! You should see this huge one that me and my boyfriends Mom had to carry together to etch it in the side of the hill! I will take a picture of it later and put it up. It took three times to get it where we put it it at. I dragged it by myself up the bank but I did not have the butt to pull it up where we needed it so it took both of us to carry it the long way and we placed it but it rolled back down...haha so we carried it a 3rd time and finally hot it etched in permanently. I thought my arms and legs were gonna fall off, because it was so heavy. Lol I almost cried when it rolled down and we had to carry it back up again!

20. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I have some sort of small roses wit lots of thorns that were at my house when I moved in. They grow out of control - this year the roses have not opened yet but the thorns are growing hands that seem to come out and grab you when you walk by. I have cut them back but I think I want to get rid of them al together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.