Travel and Vaping Flying to the mainland and will it be let through the check in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fud

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Hawaii
With all the paranoia going on last time i flew they took away a yogurt in my backpack because it was over a certain amount of ounces. That was my breakfast heh. But if i take my ecigs on a backpack will they take it away not knowing what it is like some strange electrical device and think it's a bomb plus the liquid. Not to mention the syringe used to refill them. They might think I'm a junkie or something too. Besides I want to take it on a trip because you can't smoke in a hotel but you can vape. I don't plan to vape on the plane or people would freak I imagine.

Has anyone had any problems carrying them in a box without hassles?

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have flown a few times carrying my vaping stuff onto the planes, with zero issues. I did put the e-liquids in the required quart-size transparent baggie, and made sure they were all well-labeled. I also stored extras (of everything) in my checked luggage "just in case".

But as I said, had zero issues and nobody even questioned me. Of course I would never attempt to vape on the plane, since most of the airline websites already have posted notices prohibiting that. But carrying your stuff in your backpack should be totally OK.

I didn't have any syringes though! :)

Fud

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Hawaii
Was wondering because way before 911 I flew to Kauai to do hurricane repair from all the damage and we had all our tools, so i put the survey transit through the machine and some idiot freaked out thinking it was a nuke or something. Then i had to explain to the said idiot what it was and what it does. These people at airlines are poorly trained and ignorant.

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
I fly everywhere with my kit. Juice, a few eGo twists clearos and chargers. Never had a problem, they must see them all of the time. Just went to Sacramento last week with no problem. Once your bag gets xrayed you don't have to tell anyone anything, that's why you go through security.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread