The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Flying with gear

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by MissBlue, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    @Tonee N - My post below was in response to the post made by MissBlue that follows it. I should have put @MissBlue when I posted it. I knew you'd know it must have been only loose ones. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    I need new glasses.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  3. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    I just now put 4 in 1, but it sure doesn't leave much room for a small tube of toothpaste, bottle of mouthwash, liquid foundation, etc. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Send it priority mail to where you are going. 2 days prior.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  5. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    If it was for a very extended trip (I only use about 60mL a week), I think I'd just take my favorite eliquids and expensive foundation...and buy the other cheap stuff in travel sizes when I got there. Couldn't do without my Caramel Latte and Peach Cobbler eliquids for that long! :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    If I visit my family/friends in the Midwest I have a store in Missouri that I can order from and have it delivered to where I will be staying before I get there.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    I dropped my mother off at the airport 2 years ago and she was a bit nervous because she was FWF(basically, firearm in her luggage) she was a bit curious of how the airline's look at that but all they did was pull her into a side room and have her open her luggage, unlock her case, show them it was unloaded and that was it. Easypeazy.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  8. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    That's a really good idea, and I'd definitely do that if I didn't DIY all my eliquids. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Yeah that's the bummer part. Always have a plan b,c, and d.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  10. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    Well, then either you and your mother are still both pretty young, or they were probably amazed that an elderly woman would even have a firearm in her luggage. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    I think my plan b, c and d = buy stuff (that I can't fit in the baggie)...at many places I'm going. Gotta have my DIY with me. I'm spoiled on it now. No other eliquids taste as good to me any more. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Mom is 66, and I HAVE NEVER MISSED HER BIRTHDAY! (I want to live to see 48)
    (66th birthday, 21 feet, Sig P290)[​IMG]

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    My backup is BLVK Unicorn Wyte label.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    The FAA/TSA/Airlines can all change their regulations at the drop of a hat!
    The FAA is the funny one(I have a FAA lisc) once you figure out all their rules and regulations you have to write them a letter within 30 days of understanding to notify them that you DO understand them so they can change the rules and regulations.

Sent from tomorrow

• Like Like x 2
  15. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    Whoa! I wouldn't want to miss Mom's BD either! She's still got a good eye and steady hands for sure! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    OH...believe me, I've heard "just a little bit" about the FAA and how it works...or not. My brother was an air traffic controller for 26 years, and a supervisor for 4 years before he retired in 2004.

17. MissBlue

MissBlue Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2014
    Lansdowne, PA, USA
    :shock: check. lmfao.

18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Just in case you're traveling for an extended period of time, you can put as much juice as you want in your checked luggage. Just seal it up well so if the liters of juice start to leak you don't mess up all your clothes. You can also put as many mods and tanks you can cram in there as well. You just can't put batteries in checked luggage.

• Like Like x 3
  19. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Restricted items − Baggage − American Airlines

As long as the e-cigarette items are in your carry on and NOT in your packed luggage, you can take it. Batteries should be packed in plastic cases designed specifically for transport of lithium ion batteries and not loose in your carry on.

Never, ever try to hide things in the mistaken thought that you can get away with it. If they were to find restricted/prohibited items in your checked luggage, you'd most likely miss your flight and end up on their bad person list.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    You can put as many bottles that you can fit in a 1 quart zip lock bag as long as they are under 100 ml.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.