hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This is my first post here in the smokeless tobacco forum. I would like to give special thanks to OTD,TB, and Twisted for helping me with sound advice and leading me to this forum. By the way OTD, I actually found a local tobacco shop listed on the general site that is fairly close to my work and am going to check it out as soon as I can. Thank you guys for the advice and the links.

Illuminate

ECF Veteran
    Dec 21, 2009
    Boston
    Hittman - I also started snusing recently based on TB and OTD's recommendations.

I feel better and I'm defecating normally, though the first few days were more in volume than desired. 8-o
    I must have been really backed up from getting off the analogs and just using my e-cig.

I'll put in some reviews as I have a bit more experience with the various products. Most, if not all were TB or OTD's suggestions.

Let's get the smokeless forum going a bit! Keep us posted on your progress. :thumbs:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    I feel better and I'm defecating normally, though the first few days were more in volume than desired. 8-o
    I must have been really backed up from getting off the analogs and just using my e-cig...

hehe
    Never really thought I'd be congratulating a fellow vaper on procuring such results but it's all good I suppose! :thumbs:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hittman - I also started snusing recently based on TB and OTD's recommendations.

I must have been really backed up from getting off the analogs and just using my e-cig.

I'll put in some reviews as I have a bit more experience with the various products. Most, if not all were TB or OTD's suggestions.

Let's get the smokeless forum going a bit! Keep us posted on your progress. :thumbs:

Well, I started with a tin of camel frost until I got my first getsnus order. I am liking the general mini mints and am now wishing I would have gotten the thunder frost minis too. I am using usually two portions a day right now along with vaping 24mg and 30mg liquids. I like the way I feel after the snus. I never could really get that satisfied feeling with just vaping. It is going ok so far. I would rather be tobacco free but I don't know if I will ever be capable of that.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    I would rather be tobacco free but I don't know if I will ever be capable of that.

I'm not going to worry to much about the tobacco part. The harm done is very minor compared to cigarettes. If I wasn't using snus I have no doubt I would be smoking. My feeling is that if you don't have plans to completely quit nicotine you have a much better chance of staying off the cigs if you supplement your PV with reduced harm tobacco.

I'm not nearly as optimistic about the long term success rate of the PV only approach as the uptown folks. Many of them would be much better if they broadened there horizons a bit.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Stubby, I am not sure what you mean by uptown people? This I can tell you. I went with a pv only for about 8-9 weeks and never felt satisfied like I did when I smoked. I think I probably get enough nic from my pv but it is the other stuff that made me start to smoke a couple a day again. I used to say tell my wife that if I smoked as little as she did (4-5 a day) that I would not even worry about it but here I am worrying about it. I just never thought I could go even one day let alone 8-9 weeks without a cigarette. After doing that I don't want to smoke any.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Uptown folks is kind of an inside joke around here. If you look at the forum the smokeless tobacco section is buried down here in the low traffic section,,, south of the lounge, and just north of the suppliers section. The uptown folks would be,,,, the top end of the forum. The ones anguishing about, should I get an HV PV? or which e-liquid gives the best throat hit? or whatever there doing these days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread