Fogger v2 performance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SublimeDom

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Gurnee, IL
I wanted to throw this out there for my fellow fogger v2 users. I have been looking to buy a glass replacement as well as have had an interest in the ss tank because I'm really good at dropping things. Through my search I came across what appears to be a rather nice ecig supply site out of Israel. I have no previous experience with them, but I pulled the trigger and bought the glass and ss. Very reasonable prices on them as well and I believe its 4 dollars and change flat rate shipping. Paypal accepted. I'd like to add, that they have very attractive prices on eliquid as well as offering diy supplies. $10 for 50 ml and $17 for 100ml. I purchased a couple samples and will post a review when they arrive. I did manage to find limited reviews on their eliquid through google.
The company is All For Yummy Vapor. Coupon code for 12% off 20122012

Last edited:

SublimeDom

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Gurnee, IL
Oh, and more on topic, I finally pulled the base apart on my fogger and completely resolved the shorting issue. Good thread! I removed the torn insulator on my positive pin and replaced it with a spare from my agat 2(exact match). then I trimmed another to fit around the adjustable screw(seems much better than when I tried the o-ring. Lastly I made a spacer so the disk would stop tilting and shorting. After I completed it, it is now the atomizer I always knew it could be. I noticed further back in the thread someone used a piece of plastic for the spacer, I used a small piece that was leftover from the insulator I trimmed. I'd post pics but I'm too busy vaping it, lol. Good luck and to those who are having issues, don't give up, it's worth it.

Last edited:

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
First, great to hear, MPH, with some loving this mod works great and tastes so strongly its insane... I cut everything in half with vg and still have to stop and look at it sometimes amazed at how punchy flavors are.

A couple answers.
yes your coil may out last your wick... change it when it is falling apart.

better way to fill: Take the top cap off of the glass and fill from there, then remove the screw before you put it back on, this lets air out the top instead of pushing liquid into the tank. then when done reassemble the top cap and go... I have almost no flooding ever now that I do that and have switched to cotton. Look for another post on that and my upgrades to the v1 fogger.

Update: I've realized I'm addicted to this crap. I can't even sleep!

I took it apart again, cleaned it all up. Rebuilt the coil and got the air flow to be amazing (in my opinion)

Got the air pole silicone insulator half way up inside the deck, don't see it from the top of the deck inside...and don't see it under where the power pin touches the metal disc connected to the 510 pin. So the results are all four holes are exposed and able to draw air. Plus the fact I bored out the air pole center to 1/16 drill bit...actually did it by hand with a pliers. That metal is so soft...I think someone said it's brass coated in chrome?

The air draw is very acceptable I'm trying to use it 90% closed based on a post I read somewhere that these type tanks need a bit harder draw to keep the vacuum action inside the coil chamber...?

Little leaking, but seems to level it self out in the first few minutes...at least it has so far.

The coil is 28ga write with 10/11 wraps around what I think was a 3mm precision hex driver...ohmed out to 1.9 ohms. I was shooting for 1.5, but what'cha'gonna'do?

Anyway I STUFFED a piece of hollow 3mm ekowool inside that micro coil...fired nicely from center out. Not the prettiest, but fairly even and tightly kept together.

I then layed a 2mm piece of silica on top as flavor wicking. Put on the chimney cap and pushed all the quick into the chamber hole cutouts. No wick is extending or from the chamber or cap.

Using my evic at 11 watts which is maximum, about 4.6v produces pretty good flavor and vapor.

Tried it on my son's iTaste SVD, which goes to 15 watts and it was even better! (Got to get me one of those)

Anyway, so far so good. A little bit of gurgling but a few quick chain vapes seems to iron that out. I'll need more time to vape a couple tanks and see how it goes.

I have a couple questions for you guys please!
How long should ekowool last?
The coil in here is wrapped fairly large to accommodate the 3mm thick ekowool. But as I understand the coils out live the wicks.

I filled it using the top fill cap screw and a needle. With air flow closed. It only hold 3.5ml of juice and that's pushing it. 3ml is about the max to leave a little air inside the glass. I read one listing where it says 8ml tank! Very exaggerated...they hold 3ml.

Are they any specific filing instructions you might have? Or know if there is an equalization period after filling where you should just let the tank settle in?

Ok that's it for tonight....I look forward to reading replies tomorrow.

Sent using my typewriter

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
I have recently gotten my hands on a fogger v1 to upgrade for a coworker. I love it actually.. mainly because I can remove and work on the Atty without removing the juice!! nice while getting these running right... Of course that comes at the expense of using glass. The tank provides the threads to secure it so it has to be plastic or metal. Not sure what it is exactly but the tank is thick and tough and does not worry me.

I also came up with a safe permanent solution to the 'shorting' possiblity in this mod. For use in the AFC (air flow chamber) JB Weld is perfect. Non toxic when dry, Insulator, and 500 degree sustained temperature tolerance.
FAQs » JB Weld

foggerbottomdeck.jpg

Also here are some pics on the upgraded parts on the V1 Fogger.
I drilled a direct 3/32nds hole into the AFC instead of the 510 connection directed air it had.
JB weld on the bottom of the deck after grinding a little spot to bond to and cleaning with laquer thinner.
bottom plastic insulator removed and replaced with air tube insulator on the bottom positive pin.
Air flow tube completely removed to allow full air flow.

This thing makes me jealous now and outperforms my fogger v2 plus... take apart when servicing without juice issues advantage....
oh well he gets it back still...

foggerv1upgrades.jpg

And finally for the last bit of Fogger updates... Ive tried to love the eko, I've build a few ok and good eko wicks as well as a braided ceramic. I even used wires in the core to enhance wicking, but dang it the cotton wins flavor and no leaks wise.... the pictured coil runs around 1.1 on this one wrapped around a 7/64ths bit and my fogger v2 is running cotton on a .6 ohm coil with an otherwise identical looking setup. Trick with cotton is to use as little as possible that still fluffs out to fill the needed diameter. I mean very little!!

With both foggers I am willing to give a quick air burst into the tank to increase saturation (prime the engine) every 3-5 hits as a trade off for no leaks, which is how I end up getting them to run best.

fogger cotton (1).jpg

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Until I make use of the wick, my eko is never frayed... I torch it first, just enough to get that nice white color (barely glowing during the firing) and then cut with a pair of wire cutters. perfectly clean snip every time

eko.jpg

How did you cut that ecowool without it fraying and unraveling. I find that to be the biggest drawback to ecowool.

Zwilks14

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Boston,ma
Im bumping up this thread in hopes of some help. I received mu foger v2 lAst week and cannot seem to get the damn thing to vape correctly. I have 2mm hollow ekowool wick, 28gauge, set up to .78. The first ten puffs or so are ok, not great, but decent. After that , to be honest, the vape sucks. I have built and rebuilt a few coils on her, but just cant seem to get it going. I had high hopes for it after reading this thread. Hopefully its user error and i can figure it out.

SublimeDom

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Gurnee, IL
Im bumping up this thread in hopes of some help. I received mu foger v2 lAst week and cannot seem to get the damn thing to vape correctly. I have 2mm hollow ekowool wick, 28gauge, set up to .78. The first ten puffs or so are ok, not great, but decent. After that , to be honest, the vape sucks. I have built and rebuilt a few coils on her, but just cant seem to get it going. I had high hopes for it after reading this thread. Hopefully its user error and i can figure it out.
Have you tried a microcoil with cotton wick? I have had great luck on multiple builds with this combo. YouTube has helpful vids.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
both foggers I am willing to give a quick air burst into the tank to increase saturation (prime the engine) every 3-5 hits as a trade off for no leaks, which is how I end up getting them to run best.

Are you saying to blow into the mouthpiece or take a drag puff on the mouthpiece?

I really like your idea of a permanent solution to prevent the conductivity disc from tilting in the AFC area. I guess JB Weld is safe? I doubt it's going to melt our release any fumes?

Lastly. On the V1, you removed the hard plastic disc, replaced that with "tubing"? You filled the 510 pin with jb weld? And drilled a hole in the side. So: if that device leaks into the bottom it wouldn't go into the battery mods 510 connector but rather come out the hole you drilled in the side? And did that improve air flow? I'm guessing yes.

Sent using my typewriter

Bgolden84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Macon County NC
Just signed up today. I got my fogger yesterday and it appears to be different than the pictures I see posted here. It has 4 v holes on the bottom as opposed to 3. I have tried ss mesh for wick and it's just to darn hard to control hot spots with the 32 gauge kanthal I have. I've got some 28 gauge on the way I'm about to try and take this guy apart and see if there are any other differences. Here is a picture of the air flow holes.
yjuhu3aq.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bgolden84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Macon County NC
I did roll a 1.5 ohm vertical and stuffed it with cotton. It hit like a train. Only problem is I for some reason can taste the cotton. I don't know if it's in my head or if I'm really tasting cotton. I need to Read up on micro coils. I've been rolling my own for a little over a year but this 32 gauge kanthal isn't cutting it. It cools to fast with high air flow. I did some of the mods listed here and this thing is like pulling through a straw. No restrictions in airflow at all.

Bgolden84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Macon County NC
OK so I rolled a micro coil with 28 gauge kanthal on my little screwdriver. It came to 1.3 ohms. I believe it was 12 turns. Wicked with peaches and cream cotton yarn cut flush. No flooding or dry hits but it's barely putting any vapor out. What have I done wrong. I'm pushing 4.3 volts

Bgolden84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Macon County NC
Here is the micro coil I just built with cotton wick.
a6a9asuv.jpg
hu4y2u9u.jpg
ugatuza9.jpg
aty4ape3.jpg

I clipped the wick flush and wet it and put it all back together. It measures 1.7 ohms. I'm a mouth hitter not a lung hitter I think that's part of the problem. I'm used to tank Cartos and pro tanks. I've been rolling coils for over a year. I just don't get the results I thought I would. If I lung hit it I get a good bit of vapor but less flavor and a headache lol. Looks like I need to drop the nic level.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Here is the micro coil I just built with cotton wick.
a6a9asuv.jpg
hu4y2u9u.jpg
ugatuza9.jpg
aty4ape3.jpg

I clipped the wick flush and wet it and put it all back together. It measures 1.7 ohms. I'm a mouth hitter not a lung hitter I think that's part of the problem. I'm used to tank Cartos and pro tanks. I've been rolling coils for over a year. I just don't get the results I thought I would. If I lung hit it I get a good bit of vapor but less flavor and a headache lol. Looks like I need to drop the nic level.

Beautiful coil... i can get mine to glow from the center out nicely...but they're never that clean looking.... always a bit messy looking ... not that it matters, but i can appreciate how hard it can be to make them really clean and symmetrical like that :)

how did the zig zag "S" shape cotton yarn wick work out? any flooding? (I've used that yarn in kanger coils - GREAT STUFF)

I had to replace my cotton ball twisted wick in my fogger v3 tonight. I decided to try ss mesh hybrid with silica core. Very tight in the juice channels...I had to push it down with a screw driver to get the chimney to screw on.

filled it and literally watched all 3ml of juice DRAIN out of the AFC! ................. I took it apart and let it soak in vodka for tonight...couldn't deal with it anymore tonight. Rebuilt and used my AGA-T2 genesis with ss rope...

Bgolden84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Macon County NC
Beautiful coil... i can get mine to glow from the center out nicely...but they're never that clean looking.... always a bit messy looking ... not that it matters, but i can appreciate how hard it can be to make them really clean and symmetrical like that :)

how did the zig zag "S" shape cotton yarn wick work out? any flooding? (I've used that yarn in kanger coils - GREAT STUFF)

I had to replace my cotton ball twisted wick in my fogger v3 tonight. I decided to try ss mesh hybrid with silica core. Very tight in the juice channels...I had to push it down with a screw driver to get the chimney to screw on.

filled it and literally watched all 3ml of juice DRAIN out of the AFC! ................. I took it apart and let it soak in vodka for tonight...couldn't deal with it anymore tonight. Rebuilt and used my AGA-T2 genesis with ss rope...

Working fantastic. No dry hits or flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread