Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
I recently got 2 Fogger v4.4s.

Got them double coiled, using cotton to wick, and having no problems with leaks or gurgling. It hits great and smoothly, and often. Which to me means I have just the right ammount of wick going just into the channels perfect.

What I am having a problem with is topping off the tank. It seems I have built it too air tight.

When I try to top off the tank, when there is about 1ml of juice left, using a 18ga needle tip, none of the juice will trickle down into the tank instead it will all bubble up onto the bottom of the deck.

In my mind this means I have built too tight of a vaccum. I have the air holes all the way open and the drip tip hole uncovered while I try to fill.

Any suggestions or feedback? (Besides just finish that last 1ml and opening up the whole tank)

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
If you figure it out lemmeknow. I dont think its a vacuum issue since when you open the fill hole any vacuum you had is now gone. My problem is that when I fill with rayon wicks, the rayon saturates so fast it pulls up juice and drains into the center tube. My solution for this is that when I refill or top off as you say, I barely tilt the device off plum. I inject very very sloooowly while barely tilting.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Wharf if the wicks are saturated enough to stop airflow, then the center tube and the air flow ring holes, will not be letting air into tank as i try to refill it with liquid, thus the air pressure is not being allowed to be pushed out by the liquid, which could cause what my symptoms are. Just like if you use a funnel to fill a bottle, and there is no way for air to escape out, the funnel will stop letting liquid go down.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
My problem is that when I fill with rayon wicks, the rayon saturates so fast it pulls up juice and drains into the center tube.

At a guess I would say you need a bit more wick material near the juice channels, so when they swell up as they wick juice they will "seal" against liquid movement. I sort of am guessing i have the opposite extreme of what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread