Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Decided to refresh my 4.4 for home use, kinda missed the insane air vs my 5 Mini (but god i love the ergonomics and refilling this lil sucker) and finally nailed the perfect amount of cotton off the bat. No leaks, no blockage, complete perfection.

Nice. If you want to really bring that 4.4 to life drill out those tiny airholes on the side.

I opened mine up to 7/64ths on the side and deck, and its a whole new beast.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey AMD, thanks again for the tip on the drill press. I used it today for the first time doing some "precision" work and it sure beats the heck out of a hand drill. Why drill presses don't come with cross slide vices beats the heck out of me as well. That makes thing sooooo easy.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Hey AMD, thanks again for the tip on the drill press. I used it today for the first time doing some "precision" work and it sure beats the heck out of a hand drill. Why drill presses don't come with cross slide vices beats the heck out of me as well. That makes thing sooooo easy.

I actually have one, I bought a while ago before I bought my Milling machine. It is brand-new. I was going to sell it on eBay. Do you want it?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks, that's a very nice offer but I already bought one. I bought a 4" Grizzly and actually would have been better with a 3". I was drilling holes in mild steel rod stock and that made it so easy to maintain center on the diameter and vertical through it took what might have been a half hour job that didn't turn out really nice and turned it into five minutes of easy work that looks, almost, professional.

Next time I empty my one V4 I'm going to have a go at the air holes on it. I did order a bunch of bits and some cutting oil as well so I think I'll have some success this time, without broken bits.

As an aside, I've given up on the Fogger V6. Too many little problems with it. It's a shame, really, that they cheaped out on so much of the machining and hardware on it. Plus the reduced capacity is another minus for it.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I finally got around to drilling out that one Fogger. I had opened the air holes to 1/16" with no problem, but going to 2.2mm just didn't work with a hand drill, for me anyway. I used the same bit, a drop or two of cutting oil and the drill press and it went smooth as silk! I didn't bother putting the air control ring back on because it was blocking the holes a bit, even wide open. There's a 1.2 ohm build in it and I'm using it a Vamo right now. Really easy draw and great vapor!

I used a 10ml syringe with an 18ga blunt needle to dispense the cutting oil. Multi-purpose tools like that are handy, and no I don't use that one for mixing, LOL.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I finally got around to drilling out that one Fogger. I had opened the air holes to 1/16" with no problem, but going to 2.2mm just didn't work with a hand drill, for me anyway. I used the same bit, a drop or two of cutting oil and the drill press and it went smooth as silk! I didn't bother putting the air control ring back on because it was blocking the holes a bit, even wide open. There's a 1.2 ohm build in it and I'm using it a Vamo right now. Really easy draw and great vapor!

I used a 10ml syringe with an 18ga blunt needle to dispense the cutting oil. Multi-purpose tools like that are handy, and no I don't use that one for mixing, LOL.

So how's it vape now??

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
btw, I have quite a few really nice RTAs now, but I still use my cheap ol' Foggers. It's hard to beat the flavor you get from the small-chambered models. If I ever get around to ordering some Titanium wire, I'm sure I'll use them even more. My only real issue with my Foggers is trying to fit a decent nickel dual-coil build on that itty bitty deck!

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
btw, I have quite a few really nice RTAs now, but I still use my cheap ol' Foggers. It's hard to beat the flavor you get from the small-chambered models. If I ever get around to ordering some Titanium wire, I'm sure I'll use them even more. My only real issue with my Foggers is trying to fit a decent nickel dual-coil build on that itty bitty deck!

I've been doing a single ni200 coil across the middle of the deck on my v4.4, took me some practice to get the wicking to the point where it wouldn't gurgle / leak, but its working like a charm now.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I've been doing a single ni200 coil across the middle of the deck on my v4.4, took me some practice to get the wicking to the point where it wouldn't gurgle / leak, but its working like a charm now.

Great minds think alike: I'm running one of mine like that now, but I don't like the flavor as much as some of my other setups. (I might just need to tinker with it a bit more)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
It's vaping very well. I'm running it at 6 volts, the best a Vamo can do, and know it really isn't running at a full 6 volts but it's close enough for now. The build came in lower than I wanted it to, I wanted something closer to 1.5 ohms, but t's pretty darn good at 1.2 ohms.

I, too, am wondering how to get two "zero" resistance coils in there and still have enough net resistance to run it on a DNA. I'm slowly getting everything in that I need to build my own mod based on the VTR form factor. I've got tempered Ni200 in 28 and 30 gauge and will have to experiment. I'll probably start out with the the ErlK because it's a single coil.

By the way, don't bother with the Fogger V6. It's only a 3ml capacity, the air flow control is kind of blech and the holes are over-drilled under the coil screws and have to be filled to avoid cutting off the coil wires when you tighten things up. The chimney is bigger, hence the reduced capacity, so a bigger coil is an advantage, I guess. The top fill is nice though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread