Moved On
Mar 31, 2014
La Luna
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also ordered one of these from fasttech. I love the Aqua, but hate it's capacity, so this could be perfect for me. I am slightly concerned about the lack of juice control. I never have to mess with it on the Aqua, but if the channels end up smaller on this or something, it could be a problem.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Oh this looks sweet! Dual coil, pyrex glass and adjustable airflow control. The design on paper is exactly what I was looking for. Well except that refill from the top would be even greater.

Does anyone know how the airflow control works? It seems to have a ring like the Nautilus but I only saw 2 settings for the air intake. I hope it doesn't whistle like my aerotank and EHpro KFL clone. I hate whistling! Please Mr Fogger don't make whiny high pitched noises!

Build quality doesn't seem perfect looking at the french youtube review, but looks ok for 30 bucks. Looks like all stainless steel too.

jefsview

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    At least there won't be as much confusion as when the V3 came out, since Fogger 4.0 is engraved on the top cap and chimney ;)

Looks like it'll be easier to build, and hold a bit more liquid. The dual coils will make it thirsty, though. I've been really enjoying the performance of the 2.5 I have after finding a build and filling that works for it. A bit fiddly, but it kicks out the vapor and delivers great flavor. I was planning on grabbing the V3 when the price dropped a bit, but now the V4 is out.

Best bet: have the cash to grab some V2.5 still on the market at clearance prices :) while waiting for the reviews of the V4 to hit the US marketplace.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Well....It works. But not so well. My guess is that I suck at setting up the 2mm ceramic properly. Ever since I got it I have struggled mightily to configure its host device for sufficient wicking. Not sure if it is a flaw in the material or my methods. I will however allow this one to progress a bit before I tear it all apart and begin again, perhaps giving the XC-132 a chance to 'cure' itself.

I ended up doing each wick with 10 wraps of 30g yielding ~1 Ohm.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Are the channels the right size for the size wick?

Not exactly. Plus, the XC-132 is quite stiff and doesn't particularly enjoy being bent down and shoved into those channels. But it's pretty darn close.

I think I fixed it though. I noticed when doing hard dry primer pulls that I'd occasionally see a single bubble coming from one of the channels. So I marked the base at that spot and took it apart to see which wick end it was that seemed to be at least partially functioning. It was the most frayed wick end that only had a few strands of the braid actually tucked down into the channel slot. So I snip-shortened the other three ends and frayed them out, just lightly pushed them downward, gently screwed the chimney sleeve on, tucking any stray fluffs under as I proceeded and poof -- 4 synchronized bubbles and densely sweet clouds with every subsequent toot.

So the lessons I've learned are: Be not so careful and bothered by frayed wick-ends. And don't stuff those channels -- just few feathered strands will do quite nicely.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    F-it. You folks are worth it.
    photo.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread