Fogger V4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
And now the other shoe has dropped:

Mine seems to be a little bit side-wise leaky. The chamber is not flooding and the air pathways are clear -- which is utterly amazing to me based on my experience with v2 and v3. I think the o-ring squeeze of the glass tube via the top chimney threads is somehow uneven, and liquid is seeping out through the top and bottom of the glass. Not a deluge, but irksome for sure.

This particular design change, which came with the v3, had me scratching my head. I've always thought that an atty's glass tube functions better when it is sealed like a sleeve with O-rings on the inside of it, instead of the glass being squeezed at its ends by the o-rings. Plus, I would guess that the glass is more likely to break under that kind of constant compression.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Holy Cannoli! I'm definatly getting myself one of these. It's like they took my favorite tank (Aqua), and combined it with my other favorite tank (Fogger) and made the Mother Tank! I'm so excited I think I just peed a little :?
Well put.............

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
THe v3 does tend to have condensation under the top cap from vapor escaping the chimney. Could this be what is happening to you?

Based upon the quantity (much more than with my old V2) and the two-fold location of seepage (on the glass and from under the bottom tank ring) I'm guessing that top cap condensation is not my issue.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Maybe "too much" pressure on the o rings? Too tight and it might leak. Lets hope it's either that or a dud, or at least fixable.

Because I ordered one too :p

How wouldn't it? Juice channels look pretty good size-wise.

I'm just asking about what a dual mesh is. Does the mesh go into the coils? Hard to find info about these wick setups.

Last edited:

folkphys

ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Maybe "too much" pressure on the o rings? Too tight and it might leak. Lets hope it's either that or a dud, or at least fixable.

Because I ordered one too :p

It could be. But: my top cap was barely threaded on. It takes quite a bit of forceful squeeze-twisting just to get the threads to catch. I'm thinking of 2 possible scenarios:

1. because my top cap has an only minimal thread lock, it is set at a slight angle to the glass, applying uneven seal pressure to the o-ring.
    or
    2. There is some chaff wedged in between the top cap and its o-ring -- an o-ring I failed to remove during the initial cleaning process because I was too lazy and because it is seated way down in there.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2010
    Chino, california
    It could be. But: my top cap was barely threaded on. It takes quite a bit of forceful squeeze-twisting just to get the threads to catch. I'm thinking of 2 possible scenarios:

1. because my top cap has an only minimal thread lock, it is set at a slight angle to the glass, applying uneven seal pressure to the o-ring.
    or
    2. There is some chaff wedged in between the top cap and its o-ring -- an o-ring I failed to remove during the initial cleaning process because I was too lazy and because it is seated way down in there.

did it come w/ spare o-rings? If so then you might want to pull it. If you damage it at least you'll have a back up. There could be a burr in the channel beneath the o-ring keeping the o-ring from being flush. Best to take a look!

Mine should arrive today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread