For all you "Kick by evolv" users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got mine in from supert. I've used it only on my indulgence v3 (since it's my only mechanical mod) with alittle modding of my own (business card magic to fit the kick snug in the v3) works like a charm. I'm using imr 18500 1100mah not AW, but the battery fully charged only gives me about 2 hours of moderate vaping (mind you they are brand spanking new) I have it set to around 8-8.5 watts and it hits like a champ but weird battery life. And any recommendations on a better compatible mod besides the roughstack? Mahalo!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Good contact is key with the Kick. When I received mine I stretched the neg contact spring just a bit with tweezers and hit the positive contacts with some 1000grit sandpaper to break-down the brass oxidization/oily residue. Try cleaning the inside of your mod with sandpaper, as well. If your mods neg contact spring is high brass content, you should clean that, also. I get around 4-5hrs out of a single 18500 IMR (not AW).

Raah

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Australia
I just got mine in from supert. I've used it only on my indulgence v3 (since it's my only mechanical mod) with alittle modding of my own (business card magic to fit the kick snug in the v3) works like a charm. I'm using imr 18500 1100mah not AW, but the battery fully charged only gives me about 2 hours of moderate vaping (mind you they are brand spanking new) I have it set to around 8-8.5 watts and it hits like a champ but weird battery life. And any recommendations on a better compatible mod besides the roughstack? Mahalo!

Can I ask when did u get the Kick from Super T? I have been keeping an eye on their site for weeks and haven't seen them back in stock yet.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
Raah:5938345 said:

Can I ask when did u get the Kick from Super T? I have been keeping an eye on their site for weeks and haven't seen them back in stock yet.
I just ordered one of the kick from Puresmoker (10 hours ago). Hopefully there are still there right now.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I was using a kick in a silver bullet with aw imr 2000mah batteries and with it set at 8 watts using a 2 ohm boge in a tank I needed two batteries to get through the day, a third using 3 ohm boges in tanks. I vape around 3ml a day and was previously using just one aw ic 2200mah battery.

I did go through and clean eveything beforehand to ensure a good ground.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Check out these. The ones we want are @ the bottom of the page. Grey w blue square label. I have the Kicked Xhaler from Nhaler and the kit came w 2 IMR 18650 (I believe 1800mAh, they r both charging cant look). I am very unhappy w the 3 hrs I get out of a charge. A very experienced vaper sent me to the following site, these are much better 18650s. I have not ordered them yet, but they are next onb my list.
Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

I need to add, these were specifically recommended for my setup. Make sure they are compatible w yours. My batts are flat tops for use w the kick.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I'm having 2 mods made for Hubby and I from Wildman wood mods. A quick search will get you there. They will take an 18650 and a kick, so we'll be able to use our 2000 mah AW IMR's. He has a thread in the modders/accessories forum here. We just got our kicks yesterday, but we can try it until the mods get here.

Have you told wildman what you are planning? My understanding is that the kick needs to be grounded and that means metal to metal contact. That might be hard to come by in a wood mod.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
That's a good point. He custom makes them "kick ready" if that's what you order. Here's a pic of one of his "kicked" mods. Notice the copper strip up the side of the battery slot. The folks that already have them really love 'em.

86647d1332545279-wildman-wood-mods-img_0002-640x480-.jpg

Have you told wildman what you are planning? My understanding is that the kick needs to be grounded and that means metal to metal contact. That might be hard to come by in a wood mod.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
That's a good point. He custom makes them "kick ready" if that's what you order. Here's a pic of one of his "kicked" mods. Notice the copper strip up the side of the battery slot. The folks that already have them really love 'em.

I didn't know that. That's very cool!!! Kudos to a supplier that gives his customers what they want. :)

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
And he's making it so I can use the 18650's that I already have. I won't need to buy special batts to make up for the 15mm the kick will take up. He's just adding it on to the length of an 18650., so no extra expense there. I'm really "kicked" about getting the mods. :)

I didn't know that. That's very cool!!! Kudos to a supplier that gives his customers what they want. :)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have been using the Kicked Xhaler for about a month now, and it rocks w an IMR 18650 1800mAh. Another member sent me to the following link for these even better batts. I dont know how they will compare in length to what your using, but they may be something to look forward to next time you have to buy batts. They are the ones at the bottom of the page, grey w blue square label.
Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm checking everyday for more of these to come in. I own 2 kicks so far and one is loaded up to 10 watts in my silver bullet and the other is at 10 watts in my GGTS. The GG was already dope without a kick, but now the thing is just flat out heroic... my kicked GG has now become my vaping poster child representing the eloquent fusion between art and science :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread