FOR high voltage fans 6V IN A BOX! made simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
OK, here is another one from the PVMA system.
Since many got very confused with so much stuff i included in my first thread, i will be doing some individual parts in different threads. For those that didn't see that thread...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/25949-pvma-no-more-worries-batt-connectors.html

i have not seen a box mod that can carry 6V , i might be wrong because there is so many mods around i could have missed it. I know there are other altoids mods out there , but don't remember any with 6V.

So here are the pics...

altoid01.JPG

MODS002.JPG

MODS003.JPG

MODS004.JPG

altoid02.JPG

And thank you once again to kinabaloo for help posting the pics.

Last edited:

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Warp: That is just so cool! Wish I could do something like that, but believe me, I can't

Sharon...
Can you use a super glue tube?
Can you drill 2 holes on thin metal?
Can you or some friend or neighbor do 2 easy soldering points?
If you answered yes to all, (i am sure you did), then yes you can do one yourself.

I guess you have to take a regular battery apart to get the conector off it huh? I haven't looked into how you actually get the new power to the atty?

how does it do next to the change in your pocket? or on a metal table? any fires? lol you probly made that for the price of shipping a GG

I never use battery connectors anymore Robert, i just built myself one RCA plug adapter for each of my atomizer types (901, 801, 401) and never have to deal with the darn original battery connectors again! (follow the link on the first part of this thread)

NO problems with pocket change or any metals, this is not a metal switch. as long as you detach the atty form the box before putting it in your pocket (less than 1 second with the RCA connector), you will never have batteries drained or shorts.

The cost for this was i am sure way below even the shipping you mentioned, i just don't remember what i payed for the altoids, LOL, that was the most expensive part. (besides the batteries of course)

partsALT.jpg

2 battery holders .80 cents a piece, 1 RCA jack .95 cents, 1 12X12 mm switch .50 cents plus the box, a little glue and solder and 4 very short wires.
This are the links to where you can find the parts (except the altoids)

HOLDER
Battery Holders/ Racks - CR123A Series Battery Holder

RCA jack
SparkFun Electronics - RCA Jack

SWITCH
SparkFun Electronics - Momentary Push Button Switch - 12mm Square

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I like it! I probably would sandpaper all the paint off if it were mine, but it looks cool, and nice connector too.

This is my main unit. Although i've abandoned the 901/4075s for 510 atomizers now. They work great, and don't deposit liquid in my mouth like 901s do.

P.S. add a rectifier diode like IN4004 or IN4007 to drop the voltage a bit. it's less shocking to atomizers without sacrificing too much power. I'm going on 5 weeks with the same 2 510 atomizers.

I like it! I probably would sandpaper all the paint off if it were mine, but it looks cool, and nice connector too.

This is my main unit. Although i've abandoned the 901/4075s for 510 atomizers now. They work great, and don't deposit liquid in my mouth like 901s do.

P.S. add a rectifier diode like IN4004 or IN4007 to drop the voltage a bit. it's less shocking to atomizers without sacrificing too much power. I'm going on 5 weeks with the same 2 510 atomizers.

That's really nice too! Do you have much solder in there?

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Warp Your mods are great!!! Keep them coming your doing a fantastic job with the pics and "How to's". I have to start using you connection method, nice and clean

Thank you Carlos, trust me, i have made so many in this last 2 months that i am still not sure when i will finish taking pics and posting them on here. Since i started using my RCA system, i have adapted almost every single elctric device in the house to a power supply for my vaping craziness!! Even my wife's night table clock (she has one , I don't since she is the rich one) has a jack i can hook up to when i don't want to carry boxes for power.
Now i am thinking on adding jacks to the table lamps also LOL.

Warp - how well are the female connectors holding up to the push-pull of taking the atomizers on and off?

Any problems, or are you supporting them as you do it?

They have taken a good beating so far (2 months) and still as good as when i first made them, don't attribute it to me but to the design of the plug itself (male and female) , that is one of the many reasons why i chose RCA. I must add that anyways i try to be gentle to every part as you would with a regular e-cigarette battery or any electric/electronic device for that matter.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
WOW, very nice fit, great work by youfillintheblank.

Not really Sharon, it is more superglue and glue gun than soldering.
The battery holders are glued to each other which makes them a tight fit inside the box.
The RCA jack is super glued to the battery holders and it holds rock solid.

FYI my batteries are bigger than those, you would not be able to fit mine in the 2 X AA box.
mine are 16320 and youfillintheblank's are 15270.

Last edited:

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Warp, I just might have to learn how to solder. Now, I've got a soldering station I can dig out, and maybe get the rest of the stuff. How about you printing a step by step instruction sheet and I'll be your first customer to buy one, I'm serious.

Sharon, if you are patient, i will sure do it for you as soon as i have a brake (not sure when), but hopefully by this time next week.

And yes, you can learn how to solder easily, it is not such a big deal as long as you know the very few basics. Just check the sticky on how to solder here in the mod section, it is really good.

Sharon, if you are patient, i will sure do it for you as soon as i have a brake (not sure when), but hopefully by this time next week.

And yes, you can learn how to solder easily, it is not such a big deal as long as you know the very few basics. Just check the sticky on how to solder here in the mod section, it is really good.

Warp, thank you so much! Please don't forget me. :D:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread