FOR high voltage fans 6V IN A BOX! made simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
What is that little switch rated for in terms of volts and amps?

SWITCH
SparkFun Electronics - Momentary Push Button Switch - 12mm Square
I checked it out on line, but they don't list the specs.

Yes, no specs on it, i ordered 20 of those about 1 month ago and have been using them ever since with not one problem on my mods, including this 6V and also on a pass through that i plug into a 6V or a 4.5 wall power adapter.
Being so cheap, i gave it a shot and so far so good. Light years from that little 6 x 6 they sell at radio sharks that always seem to fail after you worked for 30 minutes installing it on your mod just to find out it does not work any more :mad:

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Since i didn't want to add more to the 3 million unnecessary threads that come in the forum everyday, i just added here since it is "related"

This was a fun project to do with a 14500, 900mAh battery.

3805306846_718a044e13_o.jpg

3805307118_8e885eb470_o.jpg

3805307400_e4474d4317_o.jpg

:)

have fun

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Ah so that's how those switches work lol. The stop both currents.

Nice box mod! It's original!

Also someone wanting to learn how to solder. The biggest trick is getting the solder on the wire. Don't get solder on your tip, and then put it on the wire.

Roll your wire tight with your figure tips. Then hold the tip of the gun on the wire, and let the wire heat up. When the wire hits the soldering melting point the solder will just run to it, and it will soak it up. Cut off the top, and down a little bit(so it's not really long. Then just tap the wire with your gun were your soldering it onto. sometimes you will need to heat up the other side a little too.

With chips(just say computer chips). It's good to use a copper tube(with a end on it) on top of the chip to chase the heat away while your doing it.

Didn't want to take the thunder away from this mod.

GREAT WORK WARP!

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
OK, here is another one from the PVMA system.
Since many got very confused with so much stuff i included in my first thread, i will be doing some individual parts in different threads. For those that didn't see that thread...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/25949-pvma-no-more-worries-batt-connectors.html

i have not seen a box mod that can carry 6V , i might be wrong because there is so many mods around i could have missed it. I know there are other altoids mods out there , but don't remember any with 6V.

So here are the pics...

altoid01.JPG

MODS002.JPG

MODS003.JPG

MODS004.JPG

altoid02.JPG

And thank you once again to kinabaloo for help posting the pics.

These are cr2123A batteries? Aren't they 3.7 volts each? I am confused.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
These are cr2123A batteries? Aren't they 3.7 volts each? I am confused.

Yes indeed it is very confusing.
Turns out they make CR1234 on 3.0 and 3.7v.
Why call them the same?, it really exceeds my capacity of understanding.

This are 3.0v each

On the table i included on the MYTHS thread, it shows all of them.

3802866862_5caa3ce6e6_o.jpg

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Ya know what? Ultrafire makes 3.7 volt CR2 size batteries too. Another one to add to the list and confuse people! :D

Yes indeed it is very confusing.
Turns out they make CR1234 on 3.0 and 3.7v.
Why call them the same?, it really exceeds my capacity of understanding.

This are 3.0v each

On the table i included on the MYTHS thread, it shows all of them.

3802866862_5caa3ce6e6_o.jpg

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Ya know what? Ultrafire makes 3.7 volt CR2 size batteries too. Another one to add to the list and confuse people! :D

OMG :lol:

That was probably the single most confusing subject for me when i got into this, and i didn't even remember the twist you just mentioned.

Would it be so hard to just call them different numbers or names?, no, but most likely it is some feud going on with camera manufacturers!

On a second thought, i think you are referring to the 1/2 AA on the table ?, 14250 like the one used on lady pipes?

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
heheheh...check the link, now these are listed as 15266, not 270, but it's still a CR2. That guy Cisco modded some sort of small shiny cylindrical lighter into a usable e-cig and he used a 3.6v Cr2.

My Christmas wish is for a 3.0v 14250 battery with button top so I can make my magnum box mods and not have to chop up so much plastic in the box and make a mess like i do with 3.0v CR2s

Ultrafire Rechargeable CR2 15266 3.6v Li-ion Battery x6 - eBay (item 220357729310 end time Sep-05-09 05:00:54 PDT)

OMG :lol:

That was probably the single most confusing subject for me when i got into this, and i didn't even remember the twist you just mentioned.

Would it be so hard to just call them different numbers or names?, no, but most likely it is some feud going on with camera manufacturers!

On a second thought, i think you are referring to the 1/2 AA on the table ?, 14250 like the one used on lady pipes?

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
heheheh...check the link, now these are listed as 15266, not 270, but it's still a CR2. That guy Cisco modded some sort of small shiny cylindrical lighter into a usable e-cig and he used a 3.6v Cr2.

My Christmas wish is for a 3.0v 14250 battery with button top so I can make my magnum box mods and not have to chop up so much plastic in the box and make a mess like i do with 3.0v CR2s

Ultrafire Rechargeable CR2 15266 3.6v Li-ion Battery x6 - eBay (item 220357729310 end time Sep-05-09 05:00:54 PDT)

Yeah, seen those, it is really a mess...

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Yeah, seen those, it is really a mess...

That is what I am using at this very moment. You guys are so smart and this is just so confusing I will just have to wait for you to give me instructions. I am just addicted to 6V. Nothing else will work for me now. :) If I was younger I might be able to figure more of this out on my own. Keep up the good work.

SmokinScott

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Acton MA, USA
You sure do like your Altoids Warp, guess we know what to get you for Christmas!

Nice job. Looks like you're using the tin itself as the ground. How did you insulate the positive end, I can't see it.

I used one of those SparkFun switches in my third mod. It worked great... for about a day and a half. Now I have to figure out how to remove it from my battery box. Sure wish I'd used a hot glue gun instead of the Crazy Glue. Live and learn.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
You sure do like your Altoids Warp, guess we know what to get you for Christmas!

Nice job. Looks like you're using the tin itself as the ground. How did you insulate the positive end, I can't see it.

I used one of those SparkFun switches in my third mod. It worked great... for about a day and a half. Now I have to figure out how to remove it from my battery box. Sure wish I'd used a hot glue gun instead of the Crazy Glue. Live and learn.

Thank you Smokin,

To isolate it i put a blob of epoxy putty and a small piece of metal on top.

I'm doing a series of bubblegum/candy mods, still other 3-4 more to come :p

I don't even like candy :lol:....gimme cake! :pervy:

Strange it didn't work for you, i have not had one die on me so far.

Last edited:

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
6 volts absolutely blows my nards off, I love it! but I got some voltage regulators from Texas instruments that step any voltage above 5.5v down to an even 5, and that is much more reasonable, it appears that I get more vapour too, not sure why that would be but that's what my eyes tell me. I'm never putting these things down, I don't care if I have to vape glycerine hand soap!

That is what I am using at this very moment. You guys are so smart and this is just so confusing I will just have to wait for you to give me instructions. I am just addicted to 6V. Nothing else will work for me now. :) If I was younger I might be able to figure more of this out on my own. Keep up the good work.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
ok I got a stupid question- I bought some cr2 3.0 volt batteries and a charger. I have to use some magnet to charge them in the charger cause they are a little short.

Now will the CR123 3,0 volt batteries fit in my charger without the magnets?

And/ Or will will cr2 batteries fit in that battery holder from Battery Holder: CR123A Battery Holder for PCB mount - RoHS Compliant - BCR123A here?

Or where can I find a battery holder like that? that will hold my cr2's?

ok
I think I figured it out I wanted these http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-Ultrafire-3-...in_0?hash=item562eed8911&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
they fit in my charger - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370155849362&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I got with some wierd camera batteries I got that have no- plastic holder available?
So I need this http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=881

thanks in advance Robert

Last edited:

Stric9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Fort Mill, SC
youfillintheblank did a 6v box mod a few months ago in one of the X2 AA battery boxes from Radio Shack. The Altoids version looks great, though.

I have two box mods running at 6V. One uses AA and the other AAA.
The AAA is my favorite as it is compact.. Not sure about the battery life yet (only completed it just yesterday). At 6V I can finally put this ....h down for extended periods. The vapor is outrageous compared to the regular batteries!

I would post pictures but they aren't that fancy (see one you've seen them all)

Respects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread