For how many years have you stocked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I needed to put a number in there for how many I could possibly need. I don't use mech on a regular basis. Only tested the ones I have for a short time. I am just playing odds on big numbers with limited knowledge as a backyard mechanic. I do know that things wear out.

Replace battery twice a day= 730 time a year
Replace topper twice a day=730 times a year
Fire device on average 500 times a day =182500

Thats the numbers I worked out for my stash.
I really feel like by the time all of our mods are dying there will be new "flashlights" that could function how we need them :) They won't keep us down long... Look at prohibition

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Not a good idea! They work but...I broke the unbreakable

That is a very good point I overlooked - the adapter does it's job but it requires you to be absolutely sure you put your battery in positive end first on a ProVari 2.5 or lower. For that mod it should be considered only in the case where button tops become truly unavailable, or an emergency.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I can add some drama by saying for well over a couple years I've been using a small magnet on top my flattop batts so they work in my provaris. I have a onslaught of 10amp efest flat tops I bought from past coops to use in my mechs but times have changed so has my ohm preferences, so it makes the 10amp flattop batts unsafe to use in my mechs unless I up my ohms in builds and that ain't going to happen.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
my estimated life is to 86 (based on lifestyle calcs).. I always figure 80years for everyone.. so i will add 10 years for future improvements.

i am nearly 0 nic every day,, i have 1.5+ gallons of 100mg nic,, 8 reg. mods and 2 mechs. 7 tank atty's. + 3 dripper rda's. i have bought plenty of glass,, i probably have enough wire because i bought a multipack on amazon of kanthal 100ft per roll..yet i did give 2 rolls away i may replace.....or not. i have bought bits and pieces for tweaking etc.....rayon for life lol==i figure i spent well under $700 for my lifetime future of non smoking/ active vapor.--my phone app says as of today i have save $2956 not buying cigs,, and i am not even a whole year into vaping.

my future purchases are vg, pg, and flavors and batteries
Please share the phone app.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

t man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
vermont
I looked at the in my first few months of vaping and looked at them really hard when the clearance started months ago. They would work fine for me a my radius does. I don't go over 10 watts. The one problem is I do not have any confidence the AW button tops will be available or an scavenged source 20 years from now.

@corn flakes do you mean the batteries? Those are used by many other devices besides our mods so that should not be a problem. The AWs are the highest recommended for safety but there are others that very safe as well.

Don't worry about button top batteries they shouldn't be going anywhere. This is where I get mine. A real flashlight company!!
Batteries - Battery... - OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark™

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Please share the phone app.
Quit Smoking: Cessation Nation - Android Apps on Google Play

(trying to post a pic of data page from Play store not my data)
https://lh5.ggpht.com/PvDZ6ZXai6LOTbrgh2i5T1kTZ6c_wHwd1Z6iq6sArAHhPOu9bZQyI0U5e-wrKEkqkg=h900-rw

PvDZ6ZXai6LOTbrgh2i5T1kTZ6c_wHwd1Z6iq6sArAHhPOu9bZQyI0U5e-wrKEkqkg=h900-rw

PvDZ6ZXai6LOTbrgh2i5T1kTZ6c_wHwd1Z6iq6sArAHhPOu9bZQyI0U5e-wrKEkqkg=h900-rw

Last edited:
Reactions: Bea-FL

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Geez If I'm only going to live till 80, I only need a 5 year supply!!!!!!! (think I have about a 50 year supply) :lol:
well,,, we did recalc vapors lives to 116,, with a chance of 126,,,,,,,,,so i may have to buy a few more items :)

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good for about 20 years as well. That just might be enough time for things to turn around.......Or I should just order enough for about 50 years and not worry......Not to expensive either!!!

Exactly! Ordering an extra 30 years' of vape stuff now is cheap insurance.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Geez If I'm only going to live till 80, I only need a 5 year supply!!!!!!! (think I have about a 50 year supply) :lol:

Well, you have heard of people hanging onto life until they see there long lost relative - you need to get it into your head that you ain't going nowhere until you vape every last drop... :D:cool::lol:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the post. I only thought about getting one if for some reason nipple top 18350s should become unavailable in the future.

I also sent a PM to @Mooch since he is is our battery expert asking him to comment.

Ahhh....you had a thread going too. You can always just tag me in a thread to keep everything in one place. :)
    I don't have any experience with those adaptors. :-(

Reactions: Bea-FL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread