For Wader's Eyes Only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Friend of yours, Wader? Didn't know you made it out to California... ;) Told you I think of you every time I go outside to vape! :vapor:

[Can't fault more for playing with a new toy on a fairly clear day, right?]

squirrel-nut.jpg

squirrel-neck.jpg

squirrel-bury-nut.jpg

squirrel-stand.jpg

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Thanks!

And yours are always cuter, Wader. :)

I'd show you what a full-crop looks like from this camera, but it'd be less than his eyeball and not break the style-sheet on the forum...

Here's a quarter-crop of the first one. This thing puts down a LOT of nice rich 14bit pixels:

squirrel-head-q-crop.jpg

[For the photogs out there: That's the Tamron 200-500 @ 500mm, f/8, 1/400sec handheld, ISO 400, spot metered]

Last edited:

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Glad it was a new camera Addy and not mass spectrometor or something! They don't take such nice pictures!

Yeah, but then we'd get to see if they're really just furry-tailed rats (as Thor! contends) or not. ;)

Thanks, Clover and Mark! Clover - that one would have been awesome if it were sharper. Kinda caught me off guard with it. I might try post-processing it a little...

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I am surprised we aren't seeing more of the little critters. This year we had a bumper crop of acorns!

Thor! and the squirrels have quite the little game going. They bury my walnuts (I have two big English Walnut trees in the back yard), then Thor! digs them up, carries them back, and puts 'em next to the door. He stacks them up there so that if the squirrels want them, they have to come right up to the back slider, in clear leaping distance of the sofa. The foolhardy/dumb squirrels are no longer with us... The ones that are know very well that once Thor! digs up the nuts, they're gone for good...

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
even on the Tab

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

OOT: What do you think of the Galaxy tab? I've got a couple earlier Android tablets, but I'm anxiously awaiting my Chinese-knockoff of the Galaxy - should be here in a few days. Same processor, same specs, $185 shipped DHL. :)

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
I enjoy it. I looked at a bunch of Tabs and they all had pluses and minuses. I knew I didn't want an iPad. And the rest of the Android tabs needed many hoops jumped through to perform the way I want. I didn't feel like going through the hassle, so I bought the Galaxy Tab from CL and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Excellent! Yeah, I've been through the Android Tab Hoops several times. Just pulled the trigger on the latest-and-greatest with the 8" screen. Going with a consumer-grade tablet is a lot of up-front outlay but it's best if you don't want to futz with it. I tend to mod them pretty heavily, and the consumer-grade devices are .. insulated a lot more from that reality. ;)

I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with a rusty antique melon baller than buy an iPad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread