• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be very interested to get a vape meet in Fort Wayne, IN set up. I know quite a few of the bartenders, and a couple of owners so I could definitely get a location set up and would even have time to find a few local sponsors. mostly looking to see if anyone would be interested and If so who do I need to contact about getting involved in this?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Holy Cow!

Holbie, you don't know it, but I've wanted someone in Fort Wayne willing to do some leg work and setup a vape meet there for quite awhile. (Seriously, you can ask the council, I've brought it up in more than one meeting.)

Let me back up, Hi, I'm Hoosier and a member of the Hoosier Vapers club. Well president, but that's an elected title and I like member better. Glad to have you here!

There is a link in my sig for the Hoosier Vapers club. Free to join. If you would like to be further involved and become a member of the council you can click the contact link at hoosiervapers.com or you can email council (at) hoosiervapers.com and indicate you would like to become a member. If you just want to help make a meet possible in Fort Wayne, then just send an email to council(at)hoosiervapers.com indicating such with some contact info and any ideas you have. (Obviously, take (at) and put in an @ symbol)

We've had a number of folks from Fort Wayne that have popped up and then gone quiet, so I know there is a vaping community there.

What locations do you think would comfortably be able to hold 50 vapers? (Don't know how many we can draw there, but hitting 50 has been pretty easy in other locations.)

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hoosier,

Off the top of my head Corner Pocket or Woodland Lounge would both have room for fityish ppl, woodland lounge has a seperate meeting from the bar area and corner is sectioned so we could prolly set up in one of the sections. Peanuts Spirits could be an option as well but would take nearly the whole bar to do so, I know the gentleman who manages and part owns it and he may be interested in something like this (he's a pretty entrepreneurial fellow) I will do some initial talking and try to think of a few more places, there are lots of bars with big open areas and decent food. I will later this evening send some e-mails to the links you provided right now its off to go play Mr. Mom and do homework with the kids.

Holbie

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am in the process of packing and moving at the end of the month right now as well as a couple other things hoosier I definitely am going to go out and do some looking into this. I had tried to sign up on hoosiervapers.com and it was not allowing me to do, it kept timing out the connection, any ideas on this?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hey Diet, long time no see!

Holbie is scouting locations so stay tuned...

Steve has a good point though, it only takes 2 to have a meeting. The second vape meet I attended had 4 people there including myself and it was a good time. The last one was closer to 70 and I was rather stuck at the sign-in/raffle ticket table and didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread