Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Nr wire is working fine. The cotton wick not so much in dripper mode. Whenever I need to redo my short mode ill use it haven't used the bamboo either. Will soon.

So the NR wire from Michaels is a go, eh? Awesome. Looks like I have to grab some for sure. Thanks dude.

Got the Bamboo and Cotton but no luck w/ the NR wire. None to be found at my Michael's. Will post how it works out when I get to my new toys later.

Thanks! Can't wait to see and hear how it works out.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Well, got some NR wire from Michaels and it works fantastically. It is nice and thick and easy to bend and work with.

The bamboo and cotton ont he other hand are just burning for me and taste like the inside of a bandaid box, very chemically. I shant vape it any longer until I find out if I bought the right stuff or am doing it right. Very absorbent though.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Did you boil it funky? If not do so before u use it.

I was considering it, but I don't have enough distilled water right now. I'll have to pick some up. I figured that's what might have caused it, but it also burned rather quickly. I just can't get this Ody working consistently with standard wick/wire.

Arggghh!

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I was considering it, but I don't have enough distilled water right now. I'll have to pick some up. I figured that's what might have caused it, but it also burned rather quickly. I just can't get this Ody working consistently with standard wick/wire.

Arggghh!

If your gunking up right away, use less wick, like just 1 piece, instead of multiple pieces.
I noticed that less is better for keeping the wick from gunking up so fast. I change my wick every 24-36 hours, with 2 pieces of wick less than 24 hours. I'm sure my juice is the problem, but I've been doing it since the iAtty. The coil lasts a long time, but the wick gets cruddy.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Back in my hippie days I thought hemp was wonderful. Never thought bout using it as wick though - but I'm willing to give it a try lol.

I have a feeling it will work better than cotton or bamboo... and should be more resistant to burning than the cotton or bamboo...

Bourbonman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Chicago burbs
There's a 50% off one item coupon for Michael's on their website right now if anyone is interested. I'm on my way there now. Gonna pick up some hemp if they have any, I think it should be superior to cotton for this.
Lol, I used to buy "hemp" to burn, now I'm buying it hoping it won't!

Great, now I feel old. Where's my Geritol, and git off ma lawn, whippersnappers!

thedub412

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
There's a 50% off one item coupon for Michael's on their website right now if anyone is interested. I'm on my way there now. Gonna pick up some hemp if they have any, I think it should be superior to cotton for this.
Lol, I used to buy "hemp" to burn, now I'm buying it hoping it won't!

Great, now I feel old. Where's my Geritol, and git off ma lawn, whippersnappers!

If anyone using the Michael's wire is still around - how did you use it? I had some that worked but it burnt up recently when trying to wrap around the legs - are you braiding and using just the wire or wrapping around the res wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread