Status
Not open for further replies.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
I went there to get some organic bamboo yarn and cotton yarn to test for wicks. I just browsed through the jewelry making section searching for silver wire just in case they had it and found 32g wire. I did a test coil for drip ody and it worked. It's very brittle so care is needed twisting it and what not. It was under 4 bucks, just another place to look at if u run out in a pinch here a pic
IMAG0846.jpg

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I went there to get some organic bamboo yarn and cotton yarn to test for wicks. I just browsed through the jewelry making section searching for silver wire just in case they had it and found 32g wire. I did a test coil for drip ody and it worked. It's very brittle so care is needed twisting it and what not. It was under 4 bucks, just another place to look at if u run out in a pinch here a pic
IMAG0846.jpg

Heard its better to boil everything a couple times before use?

Tried the bamboo yet?

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY

Did you get an ohm reading on the coil by any chance?

I was actually eying up the wire the other day when I picked up the AL bamboo thread to test out.

Vape On!

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Very interesting !

So the yarn does not burn? and the bamboo one?

235 meters and 960 meters is a lot of wick, enough for a whole life of wick experimentations, to give some to your friends and to the GG family ! (and to weave some pouches for a GG collection also :laugh:)

They both will burn if there is not enough juice on them,just like silica!

Bambo has an added bonus feature,anti-bacterial.

Its also reported that cottom and bamboo wick very well if not better than silica.

Look at pic number 1 in this thread: its mine btw.

I wondered why this well-used extremevizion stopped working http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/288885-ewww-close-ups-playing-new-toy.html

Guess where the majority of that stuff went!

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
I have been using the cotion wick it works good wicks like a sponge, taste really good but i can tell I need a new wick already. Might be my fault the cotton wick is thick and I trippled it where the coil goes. I might be.strangling it and its just burning. Will do another with pics tonight. That wire is fine got a consistant 1.7 ohm reading. Haven't used bamboo. Need to learn how to do round braids. My wife did one but its flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread