• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fox 6 News to show a news package about the new e-cig "fad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
Alabama
I saw a promo on WBRC saying they are going to air a news package/story about the new e-cig "fad" Tuesday, May 1st, during their 10 o'clock news. The promo stated it was going to look into their safety. I am curious to see the information they present, and how right they get it (trust me, I'll let them know if they don't). :) Hopefully they'll also give a little press to the local ecig vending.

Crimson

Verified Member
Dec 7, 2010
Alabama
I hope they do it well, and have good information. the fact tat they say they're looking into "safety" makes me fear that they're going to go for sensationalism rather than research. Wonder who they've interviewed....

I kind of had the same thought/concern too, especially with them using the word "fad" and with May being one of the major sweeps months for television. I know when I used to work in tv we would save our more sensational type feature (non time sensitive) packages for sweeps.

I do know they aired a piece a few months back on the guy who's pv exploded, so I would wager that will be part of the story. I am just hoping whoever they talk to, or wherever they researched was well informed. I wish I knew who was doing the story, I'd email them a list of links.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
i couldn't make myself watch it last night. this is what i found this morning

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3926021/e-cigarette/

it could have been worse....they got some of the facts right...but I wish they hadn't played the "protect the children" and the only brand they appeared to be aware of was Smoking Everywhere.

I was relieved that it wasn't an outright hatchet job.

Last edited:

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
they didn't seem to realize that e-cigs are to be regulated as tobacco products, and don't require the level and type of testing that would be require for pharmaceutical products. but it could have been much much worse. :facepalm:

(good morning )

+1 on that, to say that e cigs are "unregulated" is just crazy. If you are a parent, you should know what is bought with your credit card, and know what's in the mail, and the whole thing with "buying from street vendors" is ludicrous. It all falls on the vendor then. If you sell e cigs to kids, you go to jail or get slapped with a hefty fine. To me that says regulated as a legal drug, like cigarettes or alcohol. I once went to a store when I was 16 and bought nicorette gum, is that regulated... really I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread