Fraudulent activity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
I deal with 3 vendors only.

Puresmoker I deal with the most and never had any issues over the last 1 1/2 years.

V4L and litecig I just placed orders from over the last few days and suddenly I get a microsoft passport charge and an apple itunes charge neither of which I have ever used nor do i even have an account with either. HMMMMMMMM

Fraud.jpg

EDIT: Account closed and new card on the way. Since I have not ever lost this card nor do I use it very often and I only deal with 3 ecig vendors I think we can narrow this down pretty well. Either somebody is very shady or somebodys billing system has been compromised.

Last edited:

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
I've bought from V4L like 7 times already and never had a problem with my bank card or credit card being compromised afterwards (last order was last week)..

I've never bought from litecig though..

Howdy marylander! Litecig (Shawn) has been around for quite a while. I really suspect that somebody's billing system has been compromised. I don't really think it is any vendors fault but now I will have to get pre paid cards to order from e-cig vendors from now on which is a pain in the ....!

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I have been buying from vapor4life for 8+ months and I have never had any type of fraudulent activity on my account.

You may want to run a virus scan on your computer, it may have been hacked.

Also, do you do any other shopping online besides for ecigs?

Do you have a myspace of facebook account? Lots of viruses going around there.

This whole thing sounds like your computer was hacked.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Someone hacked my account and charged $200.00 in pizza! Must have been one hell of a party!

Good lord! Well chicago is supposed to have some very good pizza from what I understand. I tried lou malnotis (my wife is from chicago and thats her favorite) and didnt like it at all.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Good lord! Well chicago is supposed to have some very good pizza from what I understand. I tried lou malnotis (my wife is from chicago and thats her favorite) and didnt like it at all.

The thing was, the pizza, among other charges was all done in Wisconsin!

attymiser

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New York
I purchase from XXXXXXX also and I hate to say it but I was hit for almost $1,000.00.
I think the products and service are outstanding but I do believe that is where my account was compromised.

The reason I believe that is when I set up my account I did not spell my name properly. I fixed it a few days later and then I start seeing all these crazy charges on my account and received a box that I did not order. When I called the company they said they received the order from an email address using the name with the exact misspelling.

I will still order from XXXXXXX and obviously can not be 100% sure that their site or system had anything to do with it. I will be much more prudent going forward and will only use a pre-paid card.

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Repost from another thread:

Some credit cards have an option to create a virtual account number for each transaction. You can set an amount limit and date. You just put your amount from the sales ticket and put in an expiration date. The account number can't be used again. Works great on line.
My CC is from FIA and has a feature called "Shop Safe" which is a virtual CC. The "Shop Safe" feature is accessed through FIA's home page.

Citi is also supposed to have virtual credit card capability. I don't have one, but someone said it's accessed through their "Tools" menu.

Both of these feature a small app you can install on your computer if you want to and get instant access to a virtual CC number.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I want to caution anyone form assuming it was an ecig vendor that caused an issue like this. We are unable to determine either way on this forum. It is the equivalent of me driving buy your house and a mile later I get a flat tire and then saying that you threw something in the road in front of your house that caused the flat...............

You bank may be able to determine the source of it, or they may never know. If it is a relatively small amount they will probably not pursue it vigorously. Unless a pattern is detected.

Caution is required before tarnishing reputations by making accusations (even veiled ones) without absolute proof.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
I want to caution anyone form assuming it was an ecig vendor that caused an issue like this. We are unable to determine either way on this forum. It is the equivalent of me driving buy your house and a mile later I get a flat tire and then saying that you threw something in the road in front of your house that caused the flat...............

You bank may be able to determine the source of it, or they may never know. If it is a relatively small amount they will probably not pursue it vigorously. Unless a pattern is detected.

Caution is required before tarnishing reputations by making accusations (even veiled ones) without absolute proof.

While you are right there is starting to be a pattern here. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread