Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm all for doing the right thing.
I was unemployed for close to a year up until two months ago. Now, my luck has changed and I am working 2 jobs and going to school part time. Since this new change of luck my relationships have become stronger, I am a better, happier person and I'm getting hooked up like a mother! Just today I received an email from Zeusejuice.com for a free 10ml bottle, got a free coffee from Starbucks, and a free eVic. I know it's not morally the best thing to keep the new device, but I also feel like its somewhat deserved.

Not meaning to dump on you and I sympathize with your past employment probs and am very happy you're moving forward but I can't fathom how you deserve/ earned this.

I'm not saying I'm entitled to anything. Someone made a mistake and I came up because of it. All I'm saying is I've been extremely lucky lately and I appreciate that luck.
Sadly your "Good Luck" will be the inverse for someone else....Vendor, employee???
My last word cuz I just don't get it and regardless of what you do I Wish You the Very Best.

Wrainn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Louisiana
www.bayouswampjuice.com
My boyfriend has been vaping (and off anologs) for a month now. I was never a smoker myself but found that I was using his eGo more than he was. Last week we took a trip to LA to visit a new vapor store and I ended up buying myself a joyetech twist and an eVic for him. A few days ago we decided to stock up on some cartos and a second rechargeable battery for his setup. We found everything online for a total of $36.

Today we received our package in the mail. When we opened it up we had a complete eVic setup along with the carto packs. Someone made a mistake and instead of shipping us the "eVic rechargeable battery" we got an "eVic kit". A $105 device for $15.

Technically we got every thing we wanted and more! The store had quality products for cheap and the shipping was incredibly fast! It's the little things in life. :)

I guess I just don't understand this way of thinking. Just today, I got my order in from VaporBank, and in that order i purchased 6 510 to ego adapters. When I looked I realized they sent me 5 of them and 1 510 to 808/901. Without second thought, I immediately picked up the phone and asked them if I could RETURN it, at my expense, I didn't say that, but I NEVER thought at theirs, and get the correct one. They said they would mail me the correct one and to just keep the wrong one. To me, this is natural, I don't understand any other and this is a $2.45 retail item.
Sigh, maybe I am the odd one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
I guess I just don't understand this way of thinking. Just today, I got my order in from VaporBank, and in that order i purchased 6 510 to ego adapters. When I looked I realized they sent me 5 of them and 1 510 to 808/901. Without second thought, I immediately picked up the phone and asked them if I could RETURN it, at my expense, I didn't say that, but I NEVER thought at theirs, and get the correct one. They said they would mail me the correct one and to just keep the wrong one. To me, this is natural, I don't understand any other and this is a $2.45 retail item.
Sigh, maybe I am the odd one.

Being odd implies being a minority,,, I shudder to think that having morals, integrity and ethics as being a minority or an exception to the norm. This is a very frightening thought!!! :(

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
I think perhaps the reaction here is a little harsh. I completely understand wanting to keep it. However, yeahh the right thing to do is probably to notify them. I recently made a $300 purchase (not ecigs) and more than a week after I picked it up (ordered a month ago) I still hadn't been billed for it. I was extremely tempted to just never pay for it, but the company is of such high quality that I simply couldn't justify it. Finally broke down and emailed them today. Felt a lot better.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Being odd implies being a minority,,, I shudder to think that having morals, integrity and ethics as being a minority or an exception to the norm. This is a very frightening thought!!! :(

Yes, it is frightening! But, take heart . . . it appears that the majority of people in this thread would have done the right thing and notified the vendor of the mistake :)

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Very good points made in this thread. We were self employed for many years, and while mistakes can and do happen, an honest customer is never forgotten. Karma has a way of showing up when you least expect it. Hands down I would let the company know they made a mistake. No question about it. It would speak volumes about your character.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
I probably am in a minority group. I'm a disabled vet; I have been since August of 2008. I still feel a bit guilty recieving a check without having done any actual work to recieve said check. Even if I had mistakenly been shipped an item and been told to keep it upon informing the vendor/shop, I would still feel a bit of guilt for doing so. I'm just glad to know ECF is brimming with people whose moral compasses point true north.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Keep it dont keep it. Enail then or dont email them. Does not affect my life or that of anyone else here. Do what you know (not think) you should do. As i said your the only person here affected by this so make a decision you can live with not a decision i could live with (unless theyre one in the same)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
I too am with the majority on this subject, just because a person "finds/receives" something that was not originally intended for them does not entitle them to it. I used to work in a pizza place and around mid december i was moping the front of the store and found a bank envelope which to my surprise had $1500 cash in it, sure i could have taken it without a word to anyone and christmas for my family could have been $1500 better but instead i brought it up to my manager at the time and she placed it in the safe at the store, 2 days later a young couple came in as i was working the front counter and asked if anyone had found a bank envelope and were able to describe what was written on it and how much it contained. My manager and myself told them where it was found and they thanked both of us for being honest and handed each of us $100 bill. Now had i kept it that couple and their 3 children would have had a pretty crappy christmas had i felt "entitled" to their money, we hadnt asked for any reward for returning it but they were happy they could give their kids the christmas that they had wanted to give them and had no qualms giving away $200 of the allotted christmas cash.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
What about good things happen to good people?

If the cashier at the grocery store makes a mistake, and gives you the wrong change, I guess you just walk out with the extra cash?

What you've done is no different.

Ah, such------------- goodness. :blink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread