*FREE!* REO Forum THREAD INDEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
I apologize for not explaining my question right. I went back and looked on the beginners info pages,, I worded my question wrong. What I should have asked was,, "are the REO's apv's/mods? The largest of the three categories? Sorry for the confusion. I just started vaping less than a week ago and I am ready to throw out these minis so a lot of this stuff is like reading another language to me and is a bit overwhelming.. You guys have been very helpful though and thank you for the links.. Looks like I'll be up late tonight, lol

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I apologize for not explaining my question right. I went back and looked on the beginners info pages,, I worded my question wrong. What I should have asked was,, "are the REO's apv's/mods? The largest of the three categories? Sorry for the confusion. I just started vaping less than a week ago and I am ready to throw out these minis so a lot of this stuff is like reading another language to me and is a bit overwhelming.. You guys have been very helpful though and thank you for the links.. Looks like I'll be up late tonight, lol
aha...:) I see. Welcome :)

These are considered modified pvs. They are bigger compared to what you're using, these are much bigger...more powerful, and in the long run, easier to use and maintain. But don't be fooled by our insane love for these....as with all vaping devices...there is a learning curve. It is much different than using the kind you are using. Instead of having to apply juice directly to your carto or atomizer, the juice is contained in a bottle that is squeezed to run juice up the feed tube into the bottom of the atomizer or cartomizer.
Here is a picture of my first REO Mini along with one each of my other vaping devices I had at the time. This should give you a good indication of size.
P1010175.jpg

Here are a couple more size pics.... REO Mini vs Bic Lighter
P1010170.jpg

And REO Grand vs REO Mini
REOGRAND051.jpg

And this is what they look like inside...
037-1.jpg
009.jpg

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Hi Lisa was looking for a thead index on volt meters for Reo users or in my case dummies :) Just thought it might be a good thread I know how to test batteries but not really sure what contact points to use on carto's or reo's as well as where to set the meter and I bet there is more of us out here in Reoville in the same boat. Had a little episode this morning with my Grand after bath time which made me think of this.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hi Lisa was looking for a thead index on volt meters for Reo users or in my case dummies :) Just thought it might be a good thread I know how to test batteries but not really sure what contact points to use on carto's or reo's as well as where to set the meter and I bet there is more of us out here in Reoville in the same boat. Had a little episode this morning with my Grand after bath time which made me think of this.

Have you checked here? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/210859-how-does-one-setup-use-multimeter.html

Or here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lti-meter-how-electronic-cigarette-users.html

If those don' help then to check the resistance of a carto/atty...set your multmeter to lowest ohm (200) and touch one lead to the carto/atty thread and the other lead to the carto/atty hole in the threaded end.

Last edited:

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
aha...:) I see. Welcome :)

These are considered modified pvs. They are bigger compared to what you're using, these are much bigger...more powerful, and in the long run, easier to use and maintain. But don't be fooled by our insane love for these....as with all vaping devices...there is a learning curve. It is much different than using the kind you are using. Instead of having to apply juice directly to your carto or atomizer, the juice is contained in a bottle that is squeezed to run juice up the feed tube into the bottom of the atomizer or cartomizer.
Here is a picture of my first REO Mini along with one each of my other vaping devices I had at the time. This should give you a good indication of size.

Oh thank you so much for that explanation and the pictures,, those are so cute to,, if you don't mind me calling them that, lol

You mentioned "squeeze", is that why there is a hole showing the bottle? So you have to push or squeeze the bottle when you vape for the juice to go up the tube?

Last edited:

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Sorry, still learning how to "reply with quote" but not the whole quite.

Those pictures a few post's above this, so those are the mods I have been hearing about I think? I've been trying to learn as much as I can about these and if I am correct, I think the mods are the ones that have had batteries blow up in faces? If that is correct as well, I do believe that they were due to operator error like stacking batteries or charging them wrong? Those pv's in the pics above are not intimidating as I had thought they would be and the sizes are not huge either compared to a lighter, etc. I was thinking the mods were like some big vapor machine that ppl use when they have a cold, lol.

Ok so those use bottles of e liquid instead of the atty's, cartos? It looks like a bottle would last a super long time compared to having to refill or change out carto's all the time. Are the batteries just normal batteries that you can buy at the hardware store or do you just get rechargeable batts like the ones I have seen for the mid size pv's?

I must sound like a first or second grader asking these simple questions, but it confusing trying to do the research on mine going through thread after thread :confused:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I don't mind at all :) In the beginning, I wasn't even remotely interested in anything like these because they didn't look or feel like a cig. Even the eGo's were a chore to get used to. But after using one for a couple of days, I couldn't imagine using anything else. I wanted to love my Blu cigs...I wanted them to work, but they didn't for me. I was so envious of those who were satisfied with the Blu cigs. *sigh* After trying all manner of devices, in the end it was the REO that gave me the confidence to finally quit cigarettes. That is why I fiercely love my REOs. :wub:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Sorry, still learning how to "reply with quote" but not the whole quite.

Those pictures a few post's above this, so those are the mods I have been hearing about I think? I've been trying to learn as much as I can about these and if I am correct, I think the mods are the ones that have had batteries blow up in faces? If that is correct as well, I do believe that they were due to operator error like stacking batteries or charging them wrong? Those pv's in the pics above are not intimidating as I had thought they would be and the sizes are not huge either compared to a lighter, etc. I was thinking the mods were like some big vapor machine that ppl use when they have a cold, lol.

Ok so those use bottles of e liquid instead of the atty's, cartos? It looks like a bottle would last a super long time compared to having to refill or change out carto's all the time. Are the batteries just normal batteries that you can buy at the hardware store or do you just get rechargeable batts like the ones I have seen for the mid size pv's?

I must sound like a first or second grader asking these simple questions, but it confusing trying to do the research on mine going through thread after thread :confused:
Not at all....learning about vaping is tough enough with the smaller ecigs out there, let alone something like these. Don't be ashamed. :)

So the mods blowing up in folks faces are what we call tube mods. What happens is the battery fails either venting or blowing up. When it is in a sealed tube, it acts like a pipe bomb and the weakest point of the tube is the part that blows out... most commonly the part that is pointed toward your face.

In the case of the REOs, these are not sealed boxes. If a battery were to fail, it would vent through the hole in the door. But if there is a short that causes the battery to overheat, the spring collapses, dropping the battery away from the positive battery contact, severing the flow of power.

That being said, there are specific batteries to use....when you are ready to give these a try make sure you buy the correct batteries. You can't ruin these mods by using the wrong battery, but you can render them useless...and will need to send it in for repair. Whatever you do....don't try to save money by going to places like Radio Shack for batteries. We are happy to direct you to suppliers that sell the appropriate batteries.

Yes, the bottles of juice last much longer than a filled cartomizer or the little carts with a few drops of juice in them. That was what made me hate the smaller devices...not enough power and too much hassle with constant dripping or topping off. For me, I needed something that was easier than smoking. I know that sounds silly....but that is the heart of it, for me. If smoking was easier than these REOs I'd still be smoking.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
It really is....but like I said, there is a learning curve...not too hard, but it can be frustrating for some as many can agree...especially if you are just starting to go through the transition from smoking to vaping. Patience comes at a premium during this time :laugh:

If you go for it, be sure to keep us posted with your progress....we'll be happy to help you through it. The index at the beginning of this thread has a lot of good information to help you through it. There are videos you can watch that will show you "how to"....and you can post your own thread in our forum for step by step instruction if you need it.

The appropriate batteries for the Mini are AW IMR 14500...You can find them at lots of places like SuperT, Lighthound, Overready, and rtdvapor.com You will want to buy about 3 of them to start. You will need a charger also ...TR-001, WF-188 or 139, Pila, and the XTAR WPII are all acceptable choices. I am now using the XTAR WPII.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread