From constant to occasionally overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
vaping has become boring to me, but I'm still not tempted to pick up analogs either. I don't have nicotine fits or cravings at all anymore. After a long night at my homie's party last Saturday night, I completely forgot to pack up my Riva to bring back to campus for the week. Normally, I would have driven all the way back to get it if I was feeling as addicted to it as I was that Friday, but instead, I told my brother that he can use it all he wants and to just change the cart when he wants to vape it, and that he could help himself to any and all of my juices and that I was not concerned with going back to get it to have here for the week. I haven't missed it, 'nor have I been having nicotine cravings. Furthermore, this is the first time I've made a post on this website all week when, normally, I used to stay on every chance I got every day.

I thought people on news interviews and those "quit smoking with e-cigs?" reviews were complete bull..... I was wrong. I instantly kicked my addiction to analogs the day I bought an electronic cigarette and I kicked my habit of vaping about a month after I started. I'm very proud of myself and I feel very accomplished! :D

I still vape every now and then, of course, but it's nothing like it was. I don't feel the need to obsess over it like I used to and carry it with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If I don't have it on me and I'm completely cut from nicotine for the remainder of the day, it doesn't bother me. I usually don't even think about it!

I was more or less vaping just to have a cheaper substitute for cigarettes that I could use more conveniently. I never thought my cravings and my nicotine addiction would go away, quite literally, overnight.

VAPING RULES!! If the FDA cannot see that these things are extremely safe and that they DO help people hack their nicotine addictions, then they just aren't trying hard enough. I think it's just some big conspiracy to keep the tobacco companies from going out of business. They dis this absolutely perfect product because of the tobacco industry in general. I mean... Tobacco is HUGE. It's like gasoline. What would happen if people discovered a way to run ALL cars by using ONLY solar energy, or water, or a combination of both? What if people began using solar energy to power their houses, which would result in the power companies paying us as opposed to us paying them? Tobacco falls right into the middle of it. This is all just my personal opinion, of course, so don't take it too seriously. :p

Anyway, I'm very glad that my body is no longer controlled by a chemical and that I'm saving tons of money and improving my health while doing so. :vapor:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'd celebrate with a good cigar...
smiley_abused.gif

Just kidding. That's a tremendous milestone. Way to go!
thumbsup.gif

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Congrats. :) I'm using my pv pretty often, as I just got started a couple weeks ago. I noticed I used it way more yesterday than I'd been doing. I still haven't kicked the analogs yet, but way down from the PAD habit I used to have.

I have no intentions of wiening myself off vaping, but if it just happens (as in your case) I won't be too upset.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Good for you, guitar! Maybe you never had an addiction, lucky? When the freshness/fun dies down, you don't need it as much. My theory is nic hooks people differently, some can walk away easier, others will threaten violence before giving up. If you don't need it that much and don't need to burn money on it or analogs, you're home free. The less dependence the better. :thumb:

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
It's interesting. I have been vaping over 4 months now and I never feel like I "need a vape". I think all the addictive stuff is out of your system after the first week. I can go for long periods without it with no cravings or ill effects, but I choose to vape mostly because I enjoy the feeling of nicotine so much as a central nervous system stimulant.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Way to go Bro!!! I kinda feel the same way...not bored with it, but if I go out somewhere, I leave my PV at home...for hours at a time and it doesn't really bother me at all. I vape because it's relaxing and I enjoy it...whereas I smoked because I was having a nic fit or didn't want to have a nic fit!

Now...this does IN NO WAY mean you are dismissed from this forum, buddy!! :glare:

LibertyValance

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Tampa, FL
Congratulations I feel the same. My wife and I vape about 5 times a day or so but don't take them with us when we go out. When I was a smoker that never happened. Every smoke made me want another, almost immediately. For some reason vaping does not trigger any strong addiction response in us either.

One huge thing I have noticed is that when I awake I reach for the coffee first. When I was a smoker that came first thing mornings.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Now...this does IN NO WAY mean you are dismissed from this forum, buddy!! :glare:

No way, man! Vaping will always be a huge part of my life, whether I do it as much as I used to or not. It saved me and I'm always going to be here to support my fellow vapers and keep updated on what's going on in the vaping community. :)

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
so interesting you said all that because that's exactly what i just went through and am going through right now. i go through binges in life where i'm hooked on a hobby for awhile whether it be photography, vaping, guitar/music, writing, etc. i went through a pretty huge vape binge over the past couple months when i promised myself i'd quit smoking (which i did) at age 30. i was counting the days, waking up and putting the number of days analog-free on my fridge's dry erase board. i stopped counting after 30 or 40 something and cut way down on my frequenting this site and overall vaping habits. i do still take my 808 stuff with me on weekends when i go home but i'm not as adamant about making sure i have stuff charged or juices on stock and so forth. i think at 50 some odd days right now that i've successfully quit smoking and, though i still consider myself a vaper and will always have an interest in it, i also have other things to tend to now that i've gotten over the grip that nicotine had on me.

looking at your signature, it seems like you smoked about as much as i did. 6-7 cigarettes or so a day. not a hell of a lot but i'd been doing that x 12 years and it was time to make a change. i thank the wonderful people on this site and the at-times overwhelming availability of vaping hardware and the companies that make the stuff for where i'm at today and how i'll be in the future. that's the reason i chose the super mario brothers 1up mushroom as my avatar. it represents gaining a life, which is what vaping has allowed for us all to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread