From two packs to no packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
I've been two-pack-a-day man for twenty years. No matter what I tried, I couldn't quit.

Patches? Okay, if I put one over each eye, I couldn’t find my smokes.

Gum? Suuuuure. And one day I'll blow bubbles from a Marlboro.

Cold turkey? My turkey never even dropped below room temperature.

Last year a pneumonia-like virus put me at death’s door. A month later I emerged from the hospital and told the world I was done smoking. Six weeks after that I was back to two packs day. Or rather, two packs a night. The only thing that had changed was that now I hid my addiction. I didn’t smoke at work or outside or if company was over. I put seals on my bedroom and closet doors to protect my clothes from the smell. I installed powerful fans in my windows to facilitate constant airflow through my den. Smokeless ashtrays, incense, Febreze…my friends and family were protected from the habit, but I wasn’t. The constant cough was coming back, as well as the shallow breathing, sleep apnea and fatigue. I was dying again and there didn’t seem to be a damn thing I could do about it.

One day a friend of mine asked if I’d ever smoke again. I replied, “I might.” He asked, “Have you ever heard of electric cigarettes?”

With that simple question, my friend, unknowingly, saved my life.

After being unable to go even a day without cigarettes for two decades, I am now four weeks without an analog, and I am never, ever going back. I vape all day, in my car, in my office (though not in front of my colleagues), I can climb three flights of steps without shortness of breath and I’ve regained half an octave of lost vocal range. I was, at one time, a semi-professional singer, and I’m now hitting notes I haven’t heard come out of me in over ten years.

Four weeks ago, I’d never even heard of PVs. Today there are atties and carts all over my home. I have multiple batteries charging at all times. What began with a simple starter kit has turned into the ....... child of Dr. Jekyll’s laboratory and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. As I write this I’m vaping on my first 510 passthrough. I’ve got a Janty Stick and a Silver Bullet on the way, as well a dozen drams of flavoring to join the small army of vials, bottles, latex gloves and pyramid teabags already covering my kitchen table.

So thank you to the mods of this forum, thank you to all of you who’ve turned youtube into a video library of reviews, tips and tricks, and thank you to whoever first thought of cooking off PG on a teeny, tiny stove.

TBL36

HelltoHeaven

Mar 22, 2010
Planet Earth
Welcome thinblueline, great to know this e-cig helps u too. I was one to one and a half pac for past 25 years. Touch wood never had any heath pproblem associated with it YET.
Just wondering why this stinky stick have so much power over us eventhough we knew it will cause so much of problems to our body, and we keep going back to it.
I never concern over my own health when i was smoking, only thing that make me wanting to quit is because i dont want to hurt my children and my wife.
Great this new tech that comes along in our era, THANK YOU E_CIG.

killjoy

Feb 8, 2010
Derry, NH
Congrats Thinblue!

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off your chest, don't it? I was also a 2 pack a day smoker and now i am coming up on 5 months analog free! Never would have made it this far without ECF. So much great info on these forums.

Now instead of a smoker, you will become a stalker :D Waiting for your mailman to drop off your newest e-cig/juice order.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hi thinnie. First I'd like to say "good on ya". I noticed in your post you said you have batteries in chargers all over your house. If that hasn't become a pain in the a** for you yet that's cool but for when it does let me tell you what has made this a better experience for me. I switched to a battery mod (a housing that holds a larger Li-Ion battery) that I can screw an atomizer onto and not worry about charging the rest of the day. Recently I've discovered the joys of High volt vaping. Wow! This is the stuff! Very much like smoking. I use Two 3.0 volt RCR123 batteries with a high resistance atty and with a more natural, shorter draw I exhale rich plumes of tasty vapor. So far these batts are lasting me a day and my PV rarely leaves my hand. Being a heavy smoker, you may want to try this eventually. Good luck and happing vaping.

juice junkie

Apr 17, 2010
wausau wi
yeah had my last analog last week thurs.and it blows my mind all the time.I was a 1-3 packer for the last 25 yrs and the day i got my 510 is the day i quit the analogs.My lung capacity has gone thru the roof and my smell and taste are on the mend as well....only downfall is now i can smell too well... dog passed gas and ohhhh damnnn!!!!Congrats good luck and keep vapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread