Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
So I have been successful (enough) doing simple DIY for around a year now... I buy my VG from Totally Wicked... the Aqueous VG... and I always get my nic from Xtremevaping - costs more, but I thought it was worth it -

My friends use RTS VAPES and told me it was good... so I bought a good sized jug. I added some of this 48mg/pg solution to my VG and I shook it vigorously... let it sit... and now there is a sort of frothy white head on the liquid... it seems to be dissipating - and there is a white film forming around the edges at the top... It smells and tastes okay - but of course, I am a bit concerned. I have ruled out contamination from the bottle - as I did another small controlled test.

It never happened before and the only variable that changed was RTS instead of Xtremevaping...Well, maybe I shook it more vigorously, I did not control for that...

anyway - normal?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I have been successful (enough) doing simple DIY for around a year now... I buy my VG from Totally Wicked... the Aqueous VG... and I always get my nic from Xtremevaping - costs more, but I thought it was worth it -

My friends use RTS VAPES and told me it was good... so I bought a good sized jug. I added some of this 48mg/pg solution to my VG and I shook it vigorously... let it sit... and now there is a sort of frothy white head on the liquid... it seems to be dissipating - and there is a white film forming around the edges at the top... It smells and tastes okay - but of course, I am a bit concerned. I have ruled out contamination from the bottle - as I did another small controlled test.

It never happened before and the only variable that changed was RTS instead of Xtremevaping...Well, maybe I shook it more vigorously, I did not control for that...

anyway - normal?

That is Odd. I have never seen a Nicotine Base do that.

And I too use 100% PG Nicotine Base and then add VG to it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah... That is Strange.

When I go from 100mg PG Nicotine Base down to 20mg by adding VG, I can see the Two Layers of the Fluids. Then when I shake, the Mix becomes Milky Cloudy with Many Suspended Air Bubbles.

But after 5 Minutes or So, it is a Clear Homogenous Mix with Not Froth or Color Change.

I haven't used Xtremevaping in a Long Time. I used Wizard Labs for a while. Then went to Heart Land Vapes. And Most Recently to MyVapeStore. None of them Did what yours is doing. And I have Used VG from Many sources.

None of them Frothed. Or Changed Color in the Short Term. A Light Oxidation Tint after a While. But No Darkening upon Mixing.

I think I would Take some Photos and send them to Randy at RTS. Something Sounds Unusual.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
The froth you are describing is most likely the result of water added to the mix. It tends to accumulate on top when shaken. Most vendors dilute their VG Nic with 5 - 10% distilled water for easier flow. I am surprised though that you are experiencing this effect with pg Nic. RTS shouldn't be diluting their pg. As to the RTS Nic with VG, I do get a froth from shaking it, and if any member tells you otherwise, then they have an agenda.....

Last edited:

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
yep- I have had the same problem- see my email to RTS vapes below;

" I ordered the 100mg nicotine from you on 5 June 2014. ( I think it is 500ml- the bottle does not indicate the amount)

As I had other nicotine in stock, I only started mixing your brand last week.

I have been vaping and diy since 2009. I have used many providers in the 5 yrs I have been vaping and found your brand to be defective. Let me explain.

1. When I combined 440ml of Propenyl Glycol (from the chemist)to 60ml of the nicotine (to convert to 12mg), the solution did not mix with the PG. I shook the substance and it turned milky and cloudy. The nicotine is stored in my fridge.

2. After a few minutes, the substance separated again with a clear indication through the plastic bottle of the amount of nicotine in relation to the PG.

3. It tastes horrible and cannot be used for human consumption. It has a chemical taste which burns the back of the throat.

4. The nicotine is not clear- Lot #DV92-001 (17/03/14) and on the side 133N-0001 (expiry 12/03/15)

There is definitely something wrong with the nicotine. I paid more than $150 for the nicotine and postage.

As it is, I am not able to use any of it. I am prepared to send it back to you for testing and replacement.

Ticket #6709331
order 44094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread