frustrated with Reo/RBA performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubs78

Apr 24, 2014
United States
So I just received my Reo and Reomizer 4 yesterday. New to coil building and have made some since I received it ranging from 1.0 to 1.7 ohms. I don't feel like I'm getting the vapor production I should (was getting denser/thicker clouds from my itaste and evod), plus the flavor is almost non-existent - sometimes down right bad flavor. When I vape it feels like I'm getting more air/less vapor than my itaste. Here are pictures of my setup. Any input? So frustrating. I know it should be better than this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 74

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
With the larger chamber of the RM4 stay with the lower ohm coils. You need to build with the coil out by the air hole and higher up.

Think of the air flow in your RBA. It comes in the side air hole and bends up to go out the drip tip. So on your build most of the air flow bypasses the coil and thus cannot pick up vapor on it's way.

When you move the coil out in front of the air hole you get air flowing around the top and bottom of the coil picking up the vapor on it's way up to the drip tip. The longer legs required will raise the ohms so you might want to have one less wrap to hit those same ohms.

Also the RM4 will shine with dual coils, remember duals cut the ohms in half, so two of your 1.7 ohm coils would com in at .9 ish

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
With any RDA, coil position is important. Reomizers are no different. Be sure your coil(s) are even with, or even slightly higher than the air inlet(s) on the top cap. You can check this by holding your top cap up next to your mounted coil, and adjusting, before putting the cap on. You also want your coil(s) close to the inside edge of the top cap, without touching it.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Okay, so closer to the end of the base then right? I thought about raising the coil but was worried it wouldn't get any juice to it.

With these RBA's, it's okay to raise them even with the air intake hole. When you squonk, the idea is to partially submerge the coil/wick. Hence, no need for "tails" of wick touching the base. There's plenty of room to submerge the coil without juice coming out of the air hole. You can pull the driptip and watch, at first. Once you get a feel for it, it becomes almost 2nd nature. One long steady squonk, and a few seconds for the excess juice to get sucked back down into the bottle.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Lower ohms, yes, but by using dual coils - two of your 1.7 ohm coils would work nicely ( and net out to ~.9 ohms). You can go lower with your setup (I personally like the RM4 with duals netting out to .5 ohms, so 2 1.0 ohm coils). Just remember that you need two nearly identical coils.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Look like folks have you covered here but thought I would throw in ......

I had (have) that atty and it just didn't work out for me ..... never did get the flavor I was looking for.

Almost any other smaller chamber atty for the REO is the way to go IMO if you only want to do single coils or stay above 1 ohm.

I'm sure you can get a great vape if you experiment with it but if it were me I'd pick up a RM2 or the igo-S Rob sells and bam the flavor with hit you in the face no matter how you build it.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
There are folks that have this atty running great but I am like Tim in the fact that it did not work for me. Could have been a combination of many things but I finally gave up on it and put in the vape drawer. After sitting back and thinking about it I believe that the coils need to be higher on this atty that anything else I am using and I just did not play with it enough.

Good luck

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Hi, dubs78 . . . It appears that everyone has you covered. Congrats on your first Reo.

I have had mine since this past Monday and it has changed the way I look at vaping, now. Once you get the hang of building coils, figure out the air flow, you will be in vaping heaven.

Enjoy your Reo. It will serve you quite well. I'm sure of it, as my 2nd Reo is coming home, today. I'm a believer!

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Best atomizer to start with is the reomizer 2.0 or the reomizer LP .
I would never recommend the rm4 for a first atomizer

This is an important comment from the man behind the mod. We read about it all the time. Someone can't get a fancy dual coil adjustable atty to work for them and the first vape experience it not as they imagined. Don't get me wrong I like fancy and I like choices but success rate is better on RM2.

Rob you should make a first time REO buying kit and only sell the RM2 with it. The wide ceramic deck with the screw-on cap and pre positioned air hole made it easy for this country boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread