Frustrated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richrob424

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Virginia
So my Mini Protank 3 broke. The piece that screws into the chimney snapped at one of the arms. It sits at a heavy angle and leaks. I call my B&M and they don't have the piece but sure would be happy to sell me a whole unit. I kinda say I can't afford it right now. They say stop by and they will give me a EVOD. I got home and pumped some new key lime in it. Sat down and watched a movie. I went to vape and BAM liquid is everywhere. ...!!! So I walked around the corner from home and bought a pack of analogs. I need equipment that works and is reliable. Seems like a lot of this stuff is poorly built. So frustrated. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvlSmrk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
Pulaski, NY
Sorry to hear about your luck brother. Definitely a good idea to have some back-ups on hand. Nothing meant to be served as a back-up per say, just hold onto the stuff you move away from in search for better gear. Keep the old ones around for a while as something to fall back on if something happens with your current favorite.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
Ok....

So, first rule of junky behavior is to always have a backup......Us Ex military folks always keep a backup of our backup too.....Yeah it gets alittle spendy but it keeps ya off the stinkies.....(Ultimately its cheaper then the stinkies too)

Next rule is this: what you buy when you go to the B&M is the finest Chinese technology the lowest bidder will provide.

If money is tight a couple of 5 dollar clearomisers (the little cheap ones they keep in the big jar on the counter in all manners of flouresent colors) will get you thru a payday.

Personally I went 3 years trying to get thru on the skinniest nickle I could....And got tired of all the wonderful "schtuff" breaking on me so I bought a Nemesis Mechanical, 4 good batteries and a Kayfun lite V2 RTA. No more store bought coils, 12 bucks buys 3 months worth of cols and wick and its built like a German tank.

Calm down, gather up your quarters.....Go back to the B&M and see what you can get to get you thru the paycheck and THROW that PROTANK in the TRASH.

"this too shall pass"

If they have a Aspire K1 they are like 8 bucks...buy a 5 pack of coils with it.....

Relax.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Mini Protank 3's are very reliable. I own five of them for my wife. Only thing is she lost a bottom seal in which with the authentic the come with 2 spares. Her's leaked because of that and she over tightened it and broke glass. All repaired with new glass at a cost of $2.50. We run single coil burners in the Protank 3. Can not get a more reliable tank then a protank 3 in my opinion. I have not spent over $15. for any of my authentic Protank 3 mini's and they even come with 2 extra burners. Good luck to you. CHEERS!

Last edited:

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
Been there with my protank mini 2 aswell. Tank seemed really unreliable for me. The aerotank mega on the other hand... had 0 issues with and it's really easy to take apart and clean out as well as the fact that you don't have to use a glass tank with it as it comes with a stainless steel one. Either way backups, backups and more backups! I have an aerotank mow, aerotank mega and a cheap cleromizer on hand with my mvp 2 as well as just a bog standard ego style battery at the ready.

So, keep extra coils and extra tanks and never get into that horrible situation =)

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
Some flavorings will etch / crack / haze and even melt plastic clearo's, sounds like your key lime is one of those flavors.
Either don't use tank crackers in plastics or use another flavor in them, better is to use glass or metal tanks.

For the sake of your health avoid these cheapo clearos at all costs. As stated if your juice is causing your tank to leak, etch/crack, or your juice becomes hazy throw that thing away immediately. But keep the base they're 510 and make good atty stands.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
So sorry to hear about this and sure you will learn to have backups. Vaping is easier. . . said no one ever.
girl_haha.gif
But look at how much more fun, healthier and don't forget about being a part of a wonderful group of people. Good luck to you and I look forward to reading more about you and your successful vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread