Just need to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

handcooked

Jan 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hello all. Just wanted to vent to people who can understand my frustration. So I was all excited to get a itaste mvp v2. I was thinking I could finally get mod that would do what I needed it to do and keep me from the stinkies. It's been 5 days since my last and I am really proud of that. Anyway... so I was about to purchase the mod, but then I checked my bank account. Boo I'm broke as heck. No mvp for this guy. Probably won't be able to afford it for a couple of months. :(

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
There are cheaper mods out there, what are you vaping. Maybe some ECF members could help point you to something better than what you use that you could pick up in the meantime! Stay strong with the vaping, 5 days was past the worst point for me (day 2 and 3) but it took about 2 weeks until the temptations were relatively ignorable

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I know how that is but I got all my stuff in due time and was grateful for it. I know, not what ya wanted to hear. Is what you have on hand working ok for now?

We all responded at the same time. I can understand you wanting that first mod, I really do, and it is a nice one. You'll get it, I have a good feeling about this. :)

Last edited:

handcooked

Jan 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I know how that is but I got all my stuff in due time and was grateful for it. I know, not what ya wanted to hear. Is what you have on hand working ok for now?

It's keeping me off the cancer stick so for that I am grateful. I keep getting a burnt taste with this "protank" just can't get the volts set right I guess. Plus it wicks really bad in my opinion. Btw I just starting using the tank today

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I know how you feel man. It's not often I have extra cash to buy vaping gear either. That makes it all the better and even more exciting when you can do it though. You will enjoy the MVP when you get it. It's a great device and really can't be beat for the money. Don't lose hope. Try your best to stash a little money away here and there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
The twist isnt a bad battery at all but a protank knockoff maybe isnt that satisfying. If you have any budget id say youd get a lot more satisfaction with a cartotank setup. If youre really fond of clearos TBH i like the evods more than the real protank, its a warmer vape and it helps enhance the flavor.

If you are at all good at tinkering you should definitely also look into rewicking your protank heads with cotton, you can up the voltage a little and it improves the flavor and vapor quite a bit. That may cost you nothing and give you the edge you need.

They are pretty easy to wick, i knew it was possible and didnt even watch a video. Just used pliers to pull it in half, tweezed out all the wick. Then i used a twist tie wire that i pulled the wrapping off, pinched a thin roll of cotton from a qtip in it and pulled it through the coil and snipped the excess off each side. Kicked myself for not trying that much sooner!

edit: This long and detailed vid really covers the process of even redoing the coil, but if you skip into it enough and catch the part where she does the wick, its spot on. Wire is very cheap though so if you were curious at all its a great overall rebuild tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRX_3Erc7g

Last edited:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Being broke does suck :( If I wasn't broke I'd probably order another mod too ;) I've been there though. Last summer I dropped on of my eGos in a lake while I was fishing, broke the top post off of my inferno, and was down to 2 900 mah fixed batteries. Which would be ok for a lot of people, but I chain vaporize. I can drain an MVP in a day or less :unsure: When I finally got the money for the MVP I was beyond happy.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
There are cheaper mods out there, what are you vaping.

You should be more specific than that generalized statement. Yes, there are cheaper devices out there, but when you add the cost of the device, tank, batteries, and charger, you're looking at well over 45$ (which is what I paid for my MVP 2, and had it delivered in 2 days). Here's an example: My Vamo V5. Only paid 30$ from FastTech for the device. Then I also paid 4$ for a generic charger, 15$ for a Mini Protank 2, and 7$ for a Panasonic battery. Then I realized I got the wrong battery, and I was worried about a cheap generic charger, so I paid 17$ for a Nitecore i4 charger, and another 17$ for different Panasonic batteries. So totaling those up, it's $90. That doesn't even include shipping costs. So yes, the Vamo was cheaper than the MVP 2, but the whole setup definitely was not.

The MVP 2 kit has everything included for $40-45. Definitely the best option for starting out.

It's keeping me off the cancer stick so for that I am grateful. I keep getting a burnt taste with this "protank" just can't get the volts set right I guess. Plus it wicks really bad in my opinion. Btw I just starting using the tank today

How long have you had it? Usually, a burnt taste indicates the coil needs to be changed. Try replacing the coil. If that doesn't work, I would absolutely suggest getting a Mini Protank 2. They're my favorite tank. I have 4 of them. I don't even touch my Protank 3 at all, and I only use my Hypertank when I want a Menthol flavor. I do still like my Evods, but I can't use them on the MVP since the pin is too low. I might pry it up, but more than likely, I'll just toss the Evods. Only paid like 4$ for them anyway lol.

Wizard Bliss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2013
somewhere oklahoma
HI.. I think we've all had the same issue ... Wanting the Perfect Vape.
First. No rush.. Really .. You're looking at an adventure that will probably last years and years. Read up on your pro tank and clean those heads. I do mine every time I refill. Honestly the twist is a great little mod. It can burn your wicks just as easily as an MVP. I have watched this forum for a couple months. There is good news bout the MVP and less than good news. The ego twist may even last way longer depending on the threads on the MVP. No rush. There is lots of gear that is mentioned about here in ECF. I thought I'd like an Aspire Nautilus, but when looking at the size of the tank. It's massive. One thing or another is 'wrong' with just about every item used for vaping. Watch, research and look at all the points of view. Lots of us use an ego type battery and a Kanger tank. The key to it all is Not the gear but the flavor it takes to keep you from the stinkies. Just the other day I was all excited about maybe purchasing an Aspire Nautilus... Had I actually bought it, I would have been totally dissatisfied. Nine bucks on sale for a 35 dollar tank.. wow... Then a little further investigation, accidentally, the coils won't work as advertized. What? .. yep.. So .. I'll hold on to my Kanger mini pro II, and the two Kanger Evods, drop the head into a glass of water when I refill, dry it out for a day or two. And as long as I have that stinky way out of sight and mind, and a flavor I like. What's the rush?
Blessings and Joy on your Journey,
Bliss

handcooked

Jan 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
The twist isnt a bad battery at all but a protank knockoff maybe isnt that satisfying. If you have any budget id say youd get a lot more satisfaction with a cartotank setup. If youre really fond of clearos TBH i like the evods more than the real protank, its a warmer vape and it helps enhance the flavor.

If you are at all good at tinkering you should definitely also look into rewicking your protank heads with cotton, you can up the voltage a little and it improves the flavor and vapor quite a bit. That may cost you nothing and give you the edge you need.

They are pretty easy to wick, i knew it was possible and didnt even watch a video. Just used pliers to pull it in half, tweezed out all the wick. Then i used a twist tie wire that i pulled the wrapping off, pinched a thin roll of cotton from a qtip in it and pulled it through the coil and snipped the excess off each side. Kicked myself for not trying that much sooner!

edit: This long and detailed vid really covers the process of even redoing the coil, but if you skip into it enough and catch the part where she does the wick, its spot on. Wire is very cheap though so if you were curious at all its a great overall rebuild tutorial

[vape] Micro Coil and Cotton Protank Evod Head Rebuild - YouTube

Just re wicked it with cotton, and I must say that It is much better. Thank you for the tip. I will definitely get into rebuilding coils but I don't have a reliable way of checking resistance so I don't want to fiddle with that quite yet.

I'll vent with ya!! I'm tired of vaping it has become such a hassle and expensive... Two out of 4 batteries broke after spending 60$ on them. Flavor is terrible I really don't see a purpose to vaping anymore. You almost need a damn masters in electrical engendering to understand what anyone is talking about and I can't find any answers to my questions on this damn site...t hx have a good day

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
I'll vent with ya!! I'm tired of vaping it has become such a hassle and expensive... Two out of 4 batteries broke after spending 60$ on them. Flavor is terrible I really don't see a purpose to vaping anymore. You almost need a damn masters in electrical engendering to understand what anyone is talking about and I can't find any answers to my questions on this damn site...t hx have a good day

That was way more rude than venting. I'm sorry your batteries broke, but vaping isn't 1/10th as hard as you're making it sound. I suggest reading, and educating yourself before posting again.

Also, yes, some flavors are pretty bad, but you can't expect to love every single flavor you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread