Frustrating online buying experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
What a frustrating online buying experience I just went through.
Set up PayPal yesterday which for whatever reason I had to register my information numerous times to get their site to accept.
Placed my order with fastech and that went easy and quick, my new drippers, tank, s.s.wire, spare glass, and ohm reader on their way soon.
Then while trying to place my order for a couple mods through Ur vaping things went sideways quickly. Their site kept rejecting my PayPal saying my Visa debit was rejected. So thinking something messed up with the big wind and rain storm here on Canada's wet coast tryed a few more times without success. Then contscted PayPal online and I ran out of data.
It took over 2 hours on the phone with Virgin mobile to get my phone not working again as they screwed up my phone somehow when they added data. It still wasn't working but after going through 3 customer service reps, turning the phone on and off numerous times, checking numerous settings over and over repeating the same things with all 3 they gave up.
By now I'm ready for a meltdown with a pounding headache and anxiety. Mess with the phone some more on my own and finally got back online.
So PayPal informs me it is URvapeing that is refusing my PayPal link to my debit card not them.
URvapeing when I contacted them never answered why they would not accept my PayPal and after a few back and forths their solution was for me to apply for a credit card. I already spent hours setting up PayPal to do this shopping as their site said they accept PayPal and now their solution is to spend hours getting a credit card when their site says they accept PayPal.
As if any bank is going to give someone on Disability who has fibromyalgia, 2 strokes, diverticulitis, crons and cancer a credit card which really is beside the point as they say they take PayPal.
I just finished ordering my mods from Fastech, took less than a minute because just as they advertised they do take PayPal.
When I added it up with the added Data costs doubt that I saved any money and should have just bought one mod n tank at a store.
Good thing I have a limited amount of anti anxiety meds for emergency and had to take an Ativan to calm down
Yes I will be happy when my new gear arrives but was it worth all this agrivation with Virgin Mobile and URvapeing.?
Hopefully won't have to buy anything for awhile now and when or if I do it'll be Fastech for vaping supply.
Not a pleasant experience
I buy my nic snd DIY flavours online and never had something like this happen.
Make me feel better or at least not alone with my bad online buying ordeal by telling me yours. Ha ha unless you just can't go there

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
What a frustrating online buying experience I just went through.
Set up PayPal yesterday which for whatever reason I had to register my information numerous times to get their site to accept.
Placed my order with Fastech and that went easy and quick, my new drippers, tank, s.s.wire, spare glass, and ohm reader on their way soon.
Then while trying to place my order for a couple mods through Ur vaping things went sideways quickly. Their site kept rejecting my PayPal saying my Visa debit was rejected. So thinking something messed up with the big wind and rain storm here on Canada's wet coast tryed a few more times without success. Then contscted PayPal online and I ran out of data.
It took over 2 hours on the phone with Virgin mobile to get my phone not working again as they screwed up my phone somehow when they added data. It still wasn't working but after going through 3 customer service reps, turning the phone on and off numerous times, checking numerous settings over and over repeating the same things with all 3 they gave up.
By now I'm ready for a meltdown with a pounding headache and anxiety. Mess with the phone some more on my own and finally got back online.
So PayPal informs me it is URvapeing that is refusing my PayPal link to my debit card not them.
URvapeing when I contacted them never answered why they would not accept my PayPal and after a few back and forths their solution was for me to apply for a credit card. I already spent hours setting up PayPal to do this shopping as their site said they accept PayPal and now their solution is to spend hours getting a credit card when their site says they accept PayPal.
As if any bank is going to give someone on Disability who has fibromyalgia, 2 strokes, diverticulitis, crons and cancer a credit card which really is beside the point as they say they take PayPal.
I just finished ordering my mods from Fastech, took less than a minute because just as they advertised they do take PayPal.
When I added it up with the added Data costs doubt that I saved any money and should have just bought one mod n tank at a store.
Good thing I have a limited amount of anti anxiety meds for emergency and had to take an Ativan to calm down
Yes I will be happy when my new gear arrives but was it worth all this agrivation with Virgin Mobile and URvapeing.?
Hopefully won't have to buy anything for awhile now and when or if I do it'll be Fastech for vaping supply.
Not a pleasant experience
I buy my nic snd DIY flavours online and never had something like this happen.
Make me feel better or at least not alone with my bad online buying ordeal by telling me yours. Ha ha unless you just can't go there

Yes, technology is a two edged sword. Whilst trying to reply too this post the reply box is missing, so I refreshed half a dozen times, still not showing up. So I clicked "more options", pop down says "unspecified error". So finally I click on "+quote", and I go to another page where I`m finally tying this reply, Arggggggg.

Couple of months ago my Pay-pal was not letting me do instant transfers and this went on for along time, months. Pay-pal can get buggy and stay buggy for along time, and even calling them don`t fix anything, as I found out on that occasion. Sometimes, you just got to let it fix itself, ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

$*^%*# *&!

:?)

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Yes, technology is a two edged sword. Whilst trying to reply too this post the reply box is missing, so I refreshed half a dozen times, still not showing up. So I clicked "more options", pop down says "unspecified error". So finally I click on "+quote", and I go to another page where I`m finally tying this reply, Arggggggg.

Couple of months ago my Pay-pal was not letting me do instant transfers and this went on for along time, months. Pay-pal can get buggy and stay buggy for along time, and even calling them don`t fix anything, as I found out on that occasion. Sometimes, you just got to let it fix itself, ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

$*^%*# *&!

:?)
Yeah PayPal is old now and it's hard to believe that there are ecommerce companys that don't use e-transfer since it's bank to bank and no fees or waiting for their money.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I kind of hate paypal and hadn't used it forever. When I went to reactivate my account, I failed to update my new address. That was extremely frustrating for a couple of orders, even though it was totally My Fault. One vendor was great about it, the other was NOT. But since it was my own error, my frustration was mainly directed at myself... :)

Anna

Reactions: Fog n Vape

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Fortunately I've not had anything like what happened to you, happen to me. I just wanted to say I am sorry that it did happen to you. Sounds like it caused a very bad day and hopefully you are feeling better today.

The only thing I've had happen with online stores is filling a shopping cart with one store and finding out they won't sell to me here in Arkansas. They are apparently too lazy to take the time to set up their carts correctly. The only thing they can't ship to Arkansas is e-liquid. I was trying to buy hardware. It ended up their loss though because I bought what I wanted from someone else.

I have had an account with PayPal since 2001 and so far, knock on wood, all of my dealings with them have been positive. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from now on.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I've never had a problem shopping at URVapin with either Paypal or my Visa debit card. And, I'm in Canada to boot :confused: Could just be URVapin having some temporary technical difficulties. You can always try again sometime in the future..... or not. I might not be inclined to if I had such a huge cluster like you did the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread