Frustration with vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
So far into this (3 weeks) I'm feeling a little frustrated with vendors. So far I've recieved an MT3 that never worked out of the box (although when I replaced the atomizers with the evod/protank ones it worked), Vivi nova that turned out to be a clone not compatible with vision coils and which works like crap compared to the vision vivi nova, and a Protank which arrived bent and leaky and which the vendor will not replace. I mean, it came out of the box completely broken!

I don't understand this type of customer service. Why would I buy from someone who is charging the same price for poor quality clones? If I order something and it arrives in an unusable condition and I immediately inform the vendor I would expect something other than "tough luck". It's a weird approach to business. This was part of a $200.00 order. I would swear off this vendor if they weren't the best source for juice, but I might as well get all my hardware from china from now on, i'm done taking my chance from these small vendors who don't back up their products at all. I'm the type of person to be happy to pay more to buy locally, but not if you are going to send me broken merchandise and tell me it's my problem. In just 3 weeks of vaping I've spent $55.00 on hardware that is either DOA or a poor functioning clone destined for the garbage (without saying anything about it being a clone on the site - sure an old hat might know what to look for, but a newbie might just assume they aren't getting scammed). At least from china it's free shipping and satisfaction guaranteed warrenty.

Oh, and every bottle I've gotten has been filled to the bend of the bottle at the top. I assume that in a 30ml bottle, this is 30ml of liquid. Well this vendor sent me 7 bottles that are a good 1/4 inch below that line. I would guess about 2 ml low in each bottle, for a ripoff of almost a 15ml bottle. I could be wrong on this but I doubt it, I can't see why they would make a 15ml bottle that actually holds 17-18ml.

Okay, rant over, but sheesh, I'm pretty annoyed.

2013+-+1

Is this a full bottle in other people's opinion?

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
If you're offering a warning to fellow noobs, it would be nice to know who you're talking about. Also, there is a negative vendor review section you could post in that may be more helpful.
That being said, sorry for your tough luck at the beginning of what should be a much more pleasant journey. Read around here to find out some better vendors and hopefully you end up with a better overall experience.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I DIY and can tell you that most of my bottles hold more liquid than they are "sized" for. Sometimes the difference is significant by 25% or more. That looks pretty full to me, but there's no way to know from the picture. I have graduated cylinders that could measure it, but there's no way to tell from the picture.

Regarding your bad luck, we've all been there. Sorry for your experience. I learned to pretty much ask ECF through posts about different products and ask the Vets about best places to buy stuff. Everyone here is so very helpful and genuinely concerned about their fellow vapers, I often feel honored to be a part of the Forum. Good luck to you and congrats on quitting and starting vaping. Power up and Vape On!

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I would suggest that maybe you can find a local B&M store close to you and start buying there. I know it is usually more money, but in the long run you will actually save due to the broken merchandise that you have been receiving. At a local store you can see if there are any problems with their merchandise before you purchase, and then try it out when you are still in the store, so that if there are any problems you can address them immediately. You are much more likely to get better customer service when you are face to face with someone versus an e-mail or phone call. Then as you are learning more and more you will know what to look for from an online vendor. I also find it helpful to walk into a store to buy because they can help make suggestions and help out with decision making. Sometimes what I thought I wanted wasn't the best choice. They can explain what works best for what your needs are. This is something that you can rarely get from an online vendor.
I hope you have better luck in the future!!

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Hardware can be hit and miss, but that doesn't mean you should get stuck with defective hardware that arrives DOA. China produces some decent stuff, but QC is not one of their strong suits, so even the better stuff like Kanger isn't always what it should be.

As for clones, no matter what site you use, make sure that the brand name is listed, like Kanger, Vision, Innokin, Joyetech, etc. If you order a Kanger and get a clone, that is fraud.

Juice bottles, you may or may not be getting the full amount. I DIY and some bottles are larger than the stated capacity, sounds weird I know. For instance, some 10 ML bottles will hold 12 ML if filled to the bend, others will hold only 10ML. I have no idea why this is, no real consistency in bottles. Although juice is so cheap to make, I guess the vendor could top it off to avoid the appearance of shortage.

I see you are in Canada, I am not familiar with the Canadian vendors, hopefully a fellow Canadian will chime in with some information on good vendors. Other than that, happy vaping.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sounds like you are having a really bad time.

I wouldn't get too harassed by the juice, the bottles are mostly way bigger than necessary. I get 13-14ml in my 10ml self-mix bottles.

As for the other stuff. I've bought items over the last year that have been hopeless or shoddy. Some I have had replaced, some I've just complained about and got nowhere. It's early days for the e-cig industry and vendors are mostly trying really hard. A vendor that tried to put things right will probably get some more business from me. Some have just been stubborn and refused to help. I just don't shop with them and often PM people asking about making an order. In the end, the vendor will pay the price, but with vaping on such an increase, customer satisfaction is not on some peoples priority list.

bad luck.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
That is probably 10ml in that bottle. You really should measure it, then you'd know. None of these bottle a full right to the very top if filled to their rated capacity - there's always some airspace.

Yes, vendors rarely specify that something is a clone. If it doesn't actually specify that something is a brand name (Joye, Vision, Kanger, Innokin etc) then it usually is clone however. Equipment where the brand or logo is printed on the device is normally genuine, the clone stuff is plain and may or may not perform the same.

If you are not happy with the service then vote with your dollars and give them to someone else, there's plenty of vendors out there that do a good job. If I have a really bad customer service experience first up, I usually don't go back a second time.

If you google ECF and the vendor name you may find other comments about that vendor, or search the forum for the vendor's name.

I've found that with vendors in general you have to be pretty careful and do a lot of research here before placing an order. There are some very good ones such as Apollo who I deal with regularly and as in life some very bad ones who receive bad comments in here and elsewhere and need to be avoided at all costs!

If you would do us the honor of naming the vendor then we would be in a position to either research them ourselves or avoid them. Thanks.

In terms of juice not being full, I do agree that the bottle you showed was not full. I've gotten my juice from awesome vapor for a while and their flavors are great, they ship quickly and the bottles are full up to the brim. They also throw in a free sample for every bottle you order.

I'm sorry it's been a rough start for you but stick with it. There are good vendors out there! :)

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
There are no B&W stores within an hours drive of me. I'm actually considering opening one, beginning the thought process and research. There seems to be a hole in the market.

This vendor was recommended to me by a mod.

I'm not naming them yet because I'm hoping they will see the light and make things right, I want to give them every opportunity to do so before causing them any trouble.

I did measure that bottle using a syringe. It measured at just barely 8.5ml instead of 10ml. There were other bottles that were less full than that one but I've already had some out of them. And clearly, to the top of the bend *is* 10ml, so there is no excuse. Every bottle was like that, the 10ml ones and the 30ml ones. I would guess for 30ml, because of the width, for it to be low like that you are probably missing about 5ml if juice. More for the 50ml. I had 6 bottles including 30ml and 50ml, so I would guess I was shorted *at least* 15ml of juice.

This vendor said they only do returns if clearomizers are doa, and my response was to ask what doa means if it leaking (and it leaks where the glass meets the metal, couldn't possibly be user error) upon first use isn't DOA.

As far as the clones, I realize there are a lot out there but imo selling poor quality clones that don't work at the same price isn't exactly good business practice.

Anyway, no doubt there are good vendors but 2/3 I've ordered from have been bad in my opinion. One of them, as I said, was recommended by a mod. At this point my confidence in any of them outside of Mt. Baker Vapor (my one good experience) is just risking more frustration I don't need. So far the only thing that's driven me to the smokes in frustration has been my ecig equipment :). I spent literally hours trying to fix the crap that's been sent to me.

Anyway, I'll be posting a full review about the under-filled ejuice containers, clearly that is something everyone needs to know about before ordering from this vendor, if nothing else.

elwood2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Lafayette, LA
In my opinion, even if the bottle does hold more capacity than is stated, the vendor should either get different bottles with accurate volume or fill it at least to the neck. It's all about image. If i receive a bottle that is not filled at least to the beginning of the neck, i would automatically think that they ripped me off even if it does indeed hold the specified amount.

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
I am not working for these guy's at all, but have spent much of my hard earned $$$ at canvape.com and they are by far my favourite Canadian supplier for hardwares/joose. Best prices and decent juice :) check them out

I checked them out and didn't end up ordering because their juice said no nic. Now I look closer and I love their prices...I just set my brother up with stuff but looking there I would have gotten him a better deal if I had bought one of their kits. Couldn't find a good kit anywhere else. Doh.

So, how do I see the juices containing nic? I signed up, logged out, logged back in...maybe PM me?

bovow

Moved On
Sep 10, 2013
Shanghai, China
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I work nights and sleep days, so I do 99.9% of my shopping is on-line. I've rarely had a problem with a vendor, but when I do, I simply shop somewhere else. Most problems that I've experience has been my own fault, except for my last juice from MVB, which was sent to the wrong city, and still don't know if was the fault of USPS or MVB. Hopefully will sort out that tomorrow. But since I buy from more than one source, still have plenty of juice to select from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread