Full ear feeling, ears can't pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyG21

Sep 24, 2017
Yep. Not sure I would have described it as a full feeling, but I kind of went dull in one ear for a little while, but it went away, maybe in a week or three. Can't remember the details now--that was over 4 years ago.

Might pay to get it checked out...

True, I probably will. I appreciate the reply.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I pinch my nostrils and very slowly increase the air pressure in my sinuses. Then hold the very slightly increased air pressure in there for as long as I can hold my breath. It works for me sometimes, but it's probably dangerous. So you probably shouldn't do it.

As long as you don't put too much pressure it is not dangerous at all. In fact that is how you equalize the pressure in your ears when scuba diving or flying in a plane. More specifically increase the pressure when descending, and reduce the pressure (kind of a sucking action) when ascending.

SammyG21

Sep 24, 2017
ENT. I have never had that sensation, caused by vaping. I have vaped going over a mountain (I live in Tucson) and I've gotten popping in my ears then, but it's a really sharp rise in altitude at some points, so I don't think it's vaping.

Good luck, I hope it passes quickly and is nothing serious.

Anna

Right, thanks for your concern. I hope it passes too. I think I'll have to go c an ENT soon if these nasal sprays don't get my ears to pop.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been reading around and noticed that getting a full feeling in your ears, ringing, and unable to pop them is kind of common. Was wondering if anybody has gone thru this and recovered from it? As in, full feeling is gone and ears feel normal again, no ringing.
I have been hanging around this forum for almost 6 years and this is the first time I have come across this as something caused by vaping but then I re-read your post and you really never did say you thought it was caused by vaping.

I do hope you can get to the bottom of your problem though. that is a very uncomfortable feeling.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My son used to lecture me about q-tips and show me horrific videos of earwax trapped in peoples ear canals and the resulting carnage when docs dug it out.... It was some pretty intense lecturing, immediately followed by a rather... abject call, in which the kid had used a q-tip improperly and got ear wax jammed in his ear canal, he needed to go to the doctor to have his earwax dug out.

One of my favorite phone calls.... ever. The joy of youth, LOL.

Anna

SammyG21

Sep 24, 2017
I have been hanging around this forum for almost 6 years and this is the first time I have come across this as something caused by vaping but then I re-read your post and you really never did say you thought it was caused by vaping.

I do hope you can get to the bottom of your problem though. that is a very uncomfortable feeling.

Thanks. I didn't want to say that vaping caused it because I like vaping, but the problem did seem to start after about 3 months in. I'm kind of hoping that it's something not related vaping. Maybe vaping irritated a problem I already had, but just never really noticed it. So until I resolve it, I'm trying to stay away from vaping and smoking. I imagine both wouldn't help my cause.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't see why you think it might be caused by vaping 3 months in? 3 days, maybe.... Did you change anything recently? In any case, I'm not sure if vaping would exacerbate your condition or not, but if you get a bit nic-fitty, I'd actually suggest nicotine GUM, as chewing it might help your ears, that's a fairly common remedy for clogged ears and when on airplanes so it certainly wouldn't hurt you any, in the short term.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: mattiem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread