Full VG e-liquid DIY questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaHaVape

Jan 24, 2019
Hello guys,
So I'm going for my first DIY e-liquids. As I'm a big fun of dense clouds and as an owner of "The Profile, by Wotofo", I decided to gor for a Full VG base,with "Heisenberg" flavor. Am I going to have problems with vaping it (I use the profile in mesh mode) ? Will the flavor fade away?
Thanks,
The base i will use is: (The title is wrong) Pack Ready To Mix Full VG, Nicotine Base in large quantity - Le Petit Vapoteur
The flavors: Concentrated Aroma Heisenberg 10ml Le Petit Vapoteur
Solubarôme Strawberry aroma | Le Petit Vapoteur

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yes I have came up with and made 100% VG DIY, it caused no issues at all in the gear used at the time. But most of my many DIY recipes are VG Heavy (80VG/20PG). That's mainly because a large percentage of my additives are PG based. The PG probably helps carry flavor better than VG does, so a little PG is a pro rather than a con to me.

I have 9 Profiles... they are all running VG Heavy DIY's and all of them deliver dense flavor rich clouds of vapor. Same with my Dovpo Mesh Pro rda's (9) and Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (3). None of them have any issues with my VG Heavy DIY's. If you have an issue getting 100% VG to saturate the Profiles wick thoroughly, a needle stuck up the atty's squonk pin into the wick to create an easy path into the top center of the wick may help. I don't have to do that in any of mine, but I have heard of a vaper who has done that.

While it's true that a few flavor additives I've used in 6 years of doing DIY tended to fade, I have no experience with/know nothing about the flavor brand you mentioned.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yes I have came up with and made 100% VG DIY, it caused no issues at all in the gear used at the time. But most of my many DIY recipes are VG Heavy (80VG/20PG). That's mainly because a large percentage of my additives are PG based. The PG probably helps carry flavor better than VG does, so a little PG is a pro rather than a con to me.

I have 9 Profiles... they are all running VG Heavy DIY's and all of them deliver dense flavor rich clouds of vapor. Same with my Dovpo Mesh Pro RDA's (9) and Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (3). None of them have any issues with my VG Heavy DIY's. If you have an issue getting 100% VG to saturate the Profiles wick thoroughly, a needle stuck up the atty's squonk pin into the wick to create an easy path into the top center of the wick may help. I don't have to do that in any of mine, but I have heard of a vaper who has done that.

While it's true that a few flavor additives I've used in 6 years of doing DIY tended to fade, I have no experience with/know nothing about the flavor brand you mentioned.

This^^^

The only differences may be wicking in a tank with high VG - which won't affect you - and maybe less flavor than with a PG/VG mix. But if it is max clouds you want - go max VG. You can always up the flavor if needed, just know that most flavors are PG based so as you increase the flavor you decrease your VG content and cloud potential.

I have mixed a lot of juice with 100% VG and up to 20% PG-based flavor (which gives you a VG/PG ratio of 80/20) and get pretty good vapor - though I don't consider myself a cloud-chaser. My goal is good flavor and I have never been disappointed with 80/20.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When I want the highest vg - some of my rtas require it - I use a vg based nic and keep the flavors as simple and low % as possible. Most of my recipes are 10% total flavor, some less, so most will work.

Regardless of base, some flavors fade - fruits. Some don’t - vanillas.

To me, it’s not too big a deal. I generally use my juice up in a timely manner. If it fades on a rare occasion, I add a few drops of flavor. So the % are not exact, big whoop.

Others may have different opinions on this, but I have the best luck with more complex recipes in a moderate base, around 25pg/75vg or 30/70, and simpler, one or two flavors, at the extreme ends like 50/50 and max.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
New comments suggest I could have added a little more info in my above post about 100% VG DIY, and some new thoughts to pass along.

I make nicotine free DIY, so getting 100% VG DIY was just a matter of using a straight VG base and any VG based additive I had obtained or the VG based flavor extracts that I made myself.

Splitting hairs here maybe, but flavor concentrates each have their own properties. That includes the different percentage levels they each work best at for single flavor or when they are mixed into a more complex recipe, what the complimenting other additives are, whether for MTL or DTL use, the power level the DIY will be vaped at and what gear it will be vaped in. Very generally put that translates to for MTL/low power higher flavor percentages, DTL/high power lower flavor percentages. And most flavor concentrates have a point where adding any more percentage wise is actually less (it does not improve the flavor). Super complex recipes are not my thing, to me they are just an ego thing. Less is more in my recipes that will be ran DTL at high power. But less is more in my case is still usually at a higher flavor percentage than most would use. I don't like sweet vapes, but I do like strong flavor rich vapor. So my DIY is a balancing act between the mix and the gear it will be ran in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread