G priv 2 resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonk12

Nov 18, 2017
I just bought a smok g priv 2 today and I can’t seem to find how to manually change the resistance or if that’s even an option on the vape. Before this I had the smok alien vape and in the menu there was an option to change the ohms so I was hoping that would be an option on here too. Does anyone know how to change them or if you even can?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I believe you are misinformed. You can't change the resistance with any mod. You can only change the power output (in watts) on a regulated mod.

Resistance can only be changed in the juice attachment (tank or rebuildable atomizer), by changing the coil. Coils may come in different ohms (resistance). For example, a particular clearomizer tank may accept 0.2 ohm, 0.5 ohm, or 1.20 ohm coils.
  • Ohms = measured unit of resistance of a wire coil. Determines the amount of electrical current that will pass through the coil and thereby determines the amount of heat generated by the coil.
  • Wattage is a calculation of power. Watts = the amount of power (work) coming through your atomizer and originating from the regulator chip/battery.

Sounds like you need a little primer on Ohm's Law terminology.

Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers
  • My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in simple layman terms and how it relates to vaping.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Uhhm, at least the early versions of the smok alien has an " adjust initial ohm " option / feature that allows the user to very slightly adjust ohms, something like .05Ω either way.
Actually a few of smok power devices have the option as does a couple / few other manufacturers also.

It has nothing to do with TC, it is a confusing, hard to explain & worthless feature that should not have been released to the public.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I assumed the OP was asking about a menu option similar to the alien 220w.
Hopefully with the OP's new g priv2 they removed it.

mode_set2_lg.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Is there a reason you want to adjust your ohms, and was it helpful earlier when you were doing so? I can't imagine what it would really give you other than a slightly different wattage adjustment, which wouldn't be necessary if you just left the ohms where they were. Changing ohms will almost always result in a change in wattage as you are asking the mod to read slightly too low, or too high.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The resistance of the coil is fixed based on it's composition and mass, and so requires a specific balance of amps and volts to realise a given wattage. I cannot fathom what possible purpose would be served by telling the mod to trick itself into misreading the resistance??

• Agree

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Supposedly to correct devices that read some slight value of ohm even with no delivery device attached & for those with OCD that have a hard time dealing with a head marked .4Ω reading .44Ω or .38Ω
At one time smok had a full page nonsensical explanation of its use.
Need I say more.

Thank you. That strikes me as both stupid and misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread