• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

GA Vaper's Meet - Saturday, May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Wondering if there would be a way to have a petition for everyone to sign at the meet up and/or electronically (for those who can't attend) about the proposed smoking ban in DeKalb Co that would include ecigs. Even for those that don't live in DeKalb, if you conduct business, visit or spend your money there, seems reason enough to me to be able to contribute a signature. Maybe this could help pool our resources so ecigs won't be included in the proposed ban (if it passes). Possible?

If you want to set up the "signing sheet" and ask people to sign it, I see no problem with that. I wonder, however, if not being a "DeKalb" resident will diminish the significance to those in the that county making the decisions.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I mentioned to several of the waitresses at Olde Towne that if there are any patrons who are interested in knowing more about vaping to tell them to come on up to our gathering and any of us would be willing to give them information and that there will be suppliers available also. One of the waitresses said her husband smokes and is trying to quit. He bought a "mall brand" and found it didn't work well. She said she was going to encourge him to stop by.

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If you want to set up the "signing sheet" and ask people to sign it, I see no problem with that. I wonder, however, if not being a "DeKalb" resident will diminish the significance to those in the that county making the decisions.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend, since the location is not wheelchair accessible (how I wish I could - have been looking forward to a meet up - next time, hopefully). I'm sure a DeKalb resident might have more significance, but your decision to patron a DeKalb Co business may be influenced by their ban. With government needing all the revenue it can collect, alienating potential patrons from DeKalb Co. businesses, I think might influence their decision. Although with the way government seems to work, representatives seem to have forgotten what a representative is supposed to do - represent the members of their constituency - instead, they pander to who can write them the largest check for their reelection campaign.

bikergirl1908

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
Georgia
1 Day Bump!

It's almost time guys and gals! Looking forward to seeing everybody and having a great time! Don't forget to bring cash, extra attys/cartos/small empty bottles for juice sampling, and mods/juices for show & tell and trading. GA Vapers are bringing the awesome! :vapor:

Proposed list of Attendees for May 7, 2011 GA Vape Meet

1) Angus
2) bikergirl1908
3) wv2win
4) beingbekah
5) chaos
6) MistBusterMatt (GA Vendor - Ecigmods)
7) Jair
8) Guitarman +1 (GA Vendor - Rocknroll Vapor/US Vapor)
9) Uncle Pennybags
10) Todd (GA Vendor - Vaperite)
11) Ares +1 (GA Vendor - Ares Ecig)
12) sayville +1 (maybe +2 more)
13) sacredgaming
14) philipkh +2 (maybe +2 more)
15) adrena +1
16) elationisfacile
17) jbercegeay +1 (GA Vendor - Southern Vapors)
18) Crimmy
19) Swingbag
20)Trishalla +1
21)cricket1176 +1
22) joeythemadscientist
23) stormy (aka cloudburst) +1 (GA Vendor - Stormy's Vapor Cellar)
24) Cynnamin +1
25) harley
26) Scott/Mark (Vendor - Madvapes) maybe
27) Groovymystery
28)
29)
30)

:vapor:

Last edited:

Cynnamin

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wondering if there would be a way to have a petition for everyone to sign at the meet up and/or electronically (for those who can't attend) about the proposed smoking ban in DeKalb Co that would include ecigs. Even for those that don't live in DeKalb, if you conduct business, visit or spend your money there, seems reason enough to me to be able to contribute a signature. Maybe this could help pool our resources so ecigs won't be included in the proposed ban (if it passes). Possible?

I'm putting one together and will be bringing it with me. :)

Cynnamin

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Just wanted to say that Dekalb is a HUGE county - there's lots of entertainment venues, restaurants, etc, within the county. A lot of the county's revenue comes from non-county residents, as Cat said above.

It will only take a minute or two for people to sign their name and since I am a resident, I'll be turning it in on Monday.

I also suggest that if you have friends or family who support your vaping and they/you spend money here, that they also contact the county and explain that it would limit whether or not you/they would choose to spend money in the county. :D

More information here -
CASAA.org

Cat_in_the_Playground

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Odd request - any burly, strong men attending this meet up? Would anyone be willing to carry a gal in her chair up the stairs? (about 160# - me and my chair. Would take 2 ppl - 1 on each side). I really want to go, but the stairs are an obstacle I can't negotiate. :( Piggy back rides accepted :) Oh... and you have to get me back downstairs, too :) But, I'll leave when you do. I'd be happy to attend for even a short while.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Odd request - any burly, strong men attending this meet up? Would anyone be willing to carry a gal in her chair up the stairs? (about 160# - me and my chair. Would take 2 ppl - 1 on each side). I really want to go, but the stairs are an obstacle I can't negotiate. :( Piggy back rides accepted :) Oh... and you have to get me back downstairs, too :) But, I'll leave when you do. I'd be happy to attend for even a short while.

I am absolutely positive that we can get you up and down those stairs, so don't let them stop you from having a fun night with the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread