Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What have been your vaping game changers in your vape evolution? Here are a few of mine.

1. Cartridges/cartos to tanks/clearomizers. How did we ever survive cartridges?
  2. Rebuildables
  3. Kayfuns (yes a rebuildable but in a category all its own)
  4. Variable Voltage/Wattage
  5. Naturally extracted tobacco smoke juice (NETs).

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
1) Vivi Nova
2) ProVari
3) NET
4) KFL

Started out with the eGo Twist (did my research)
Stopped smoking with the purchase of the Nova (used the cartridges that came with the eGo system before that)
ProVari gave me a better system with batteries to insert rather than lose the vaping device while waiting for it to charge
NET's gave me the satisfaction and I no longer wanted to switch up flavors all the time, constantly, throughout the day
KFL gave me the ability to have a coil last....FOREVER...so far with an ease of cleaning and switching out the wick

I seriously can not see myself needing anything else.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
1) eRoll -- a game-changer in that it actually worked to get me to quit smoking;
2) iTaste vv3+T3S -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste, throat hit, and everything else, from the eRoll;
3) Kayfun -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste, throat hit, and everything else, from the T3S;
4) rayon/cellucotton; much easier to wick with, than cotton, and stands up to heat a lot better;
4) Igo-S -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste than that stupid Caterpillar RDA; nice tight draw instead of the sensation of trying to 'smoke a straw';
5) WTA -- turns OMG THE CRAVINGS! into "WHAT cravings?" Fixes those mood dysfunctions too.

Andria

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Andrea! Whose WTA you using, I only know of two vendors offhand. (the third I'm afraid disappeared into the Ether.)

1) eRoll -- a game-changer in that it actually worked to get me to quit smoking;
2) iTaste vv3+T3S -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste, throat hit, and everything else, from the eRoll;
3) Kayfun -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste, throat hit, and everything else, from the T3S;
4) rayon/cellucotton; much easier to wick with, than cotton, and stands up to heat a lot better;
4) Igo-S -- MUUUUUUUUCH better taste than that stupid Caterpillar RDA; nice tight draw instead of the sensation of trying to 'smoke a straw';
5) WTA -- turns OMG THE CRAVINGS! into "WHAT cravings?" Fixes those mood dysfunctions too.

Andria

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Starting point: cigalike from Pro Smoke

1. eGo standard bats + eGo e-tank
2. Odyssey mechanical mod with cartomizer tank (Quit smoking with this and ViVi Novas.)
3. eGo Twist + ViVi Nova tanks
4. VV/VW, i.e. VAMO, Twists or Vision Spinners + Kanger T3, other Bottom coil clearos
5. RBAs: AGA-T2, Richman Genesis (more like experiments than game changers)
6. Provari, Kanger Protank
7. KayFuns, cotton + Rayon wicks
8. Panzer + Magma, Big Buddha (big KayFun style tank w/dual coil deck)
9. REO + RMv2 or v3 (future game changer)

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi Andrea! Whose WTA you using, I only know of two vendors offhand. (the third I'm afraid disappeared into the Ether.)

I'm using a little of both; the WTA-Virginia from Aroma, to mix with my Virginia ADV, and some of the plain unflavored from wholecig to mix with my blueberry muffin. I might try the "kiss of sweet" that wholecig offers, to mix with that and other sweet juices, but I really, really wish I could find some plain unflavored that wasn't 100% VG; I have to mix a SUBSTANTIAL amount of PG or high-PG juice with it to get it to a point I can actually tolerate, so I'm not getting a lot of that. But I thought what I might do is get some of the "kiss of sweet" in the highest mg level they offer, so when I mix in 70%-75% PG, I'm still getting a fair amount of WTA.

Andria

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I started vaping when most of the earlier changes had already happened. The two things that improved my vaping experience the most were :

1- adjustable air flow, and
2- KGD

Overall, we are still early in the game and the major changes are yet to come. Here's a post i read in a different thread :

Our current vaping methodology, using resistance coils, wicks and gravity/vacuum liquid feeding is so 20th Century (if not 19th!). Juice feeding and vapor temperature should not be tied to airflow. The debate over the best wicking medium should be practically non-existent. Leaking should not be a real probability. Resistance coils are one of the least efficient (if not the least) electrical means of producing heat. But, alas, I see them as the primary source of vaping products for the foreseeable future. Why? $$$

Once the politicians and bureaucrats decide the fate of the vaping community; falling somewhat to our side, I'm optimistically thinking; money, science, technology and human ingenuity will be allocated to the industry. Why? It's currently over a BILLION dollars a year (with much more to come); pure capitalism. I'm seeing e-juice precisely, consistently and variably fed into a ceramic cup, precisely and variably heated by a battery-powered infrared system, creating an AMAZING vape. I don't really know. I'm no hydro-thermal engineer. Who knows? Apple may have a design in the works or in the vault already. Anyone interested in an iVape or iCig?

Such a device will not be cheap, however. Most schlumps like myself will be stuck with the antiquated technology we currently use for the next decade, purely because of economic reasons. The new stuff will be wicked expensive. IP in the form of patents, copyrights and trademarks will slow the infusion of the technology to the masses. China will be prohibited from selling their "clones" anywhere that has signed international IP treaties. Ordering directly from Fasttech may be our only chance at reasonable pricing altogether, hoping that our orders don't get confiscated at the ports/borders. (I don't want to get into a huge IP discussion. I believe innovators should be rewarded for their efforts. But I hope we can all agree that the current state of IP in the world is, at best, dysfunctional.)

The mechs and RDAs will continue much unchanged. They are art, hobby, collectable and competitive pursuits; much like painting, dance, sport, music or restoring classic cars.

We are at the infancy of a new industry. Not something we often see anymore. BIG money/business has not gotten involved yet, as they're awaiting the regulatory/taxing fallout. Once things have settled, I can see 3M creating a purpose-built wicking medium out of their Nextel Ceramic technology. I see GE and TI developing amazing mass-produced chipsets, specifically for regulated mods that are very affordable (approximately $10). I see a section at Walmart that sells nic base, PG, VG, flavorings and incredible, affordable pre-made e-liquid. (What does it cost to produce e-liquids in large batches, $ .06-.10 per ml?)

The vaping industry has seen drastic advances over the last few years. We can expect to see a continual, drastic evolution over the next few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread