Gas Mods GR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenTheKing

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Essex, UK
This was my most recent build. Coil is positioned as recommended I guess (where coil rod sits on deck.l). Build was around 0.6-0.7. Had it running at around 50w.
IMG_6123.JPG
IMG_6122.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've seen some people complain across the net about having to remove the post screws on the gr1 when installing coils. I only did that on my first build, my method is to pre-trim the leg on one side of the coil measured off of the post screw (pics included, first is before trimming, second is after). I loosen but not remove the post screws, insert the long leg, then insert the short leg. Works great and you don't have to worry about loosing any screws when rebuilding.

20180711_121823.jpg
20180711_122026.jpg

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Loving this thing. I'm new to squonking and rda's and picked up a gr1 and wasp nano. Put the same simple 26ga SS316L .7 spaced coil in both and only had spit back issues with the gr1. I put this DT

$2.05 Teflon 510 Drip Tip - 9mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

on both and that helped the gr1 a lot but then I took the advice of @Zaryk and tried a softer draw. Solved the problem.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Just thinking out loud here, but a very general frequent fix for spit back is to simply throw more power to the coil.
With the way the GR1's airflow is designed and set so close to the coil, and the coil is so close to the mouth, if you take too hard of a draw it actually blows the juice off the coil and wicks and into your mouth. If it is used on a mech, you cannot adjust the wattage, but you can adjust your draw. Upping the wattage may work, but then you risk juice popping in your mouth, and since the deck is so condensed, the vapor gets very hot at lower wattage than other RDAs.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas

Attachments

• gr1-dt.jpg
    gr1-dt.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 53

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I use one which is slightly longer. Great vape. Ditch the original tip and switch out. You won’t regret it!
I agree. At the time nothing I had was working well so that little guy was the only thing I had that was getting the job done (better than the one it came with), but now I'm using the DT from the KRMA I received and it's better in function and looks.

Reactions: Mysteron

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Just a quick update that may be useful to someone.

On the black deck versions, I was getting inconsistent ohms readings, on all my regulated devices. It left me scratching my head for a little bit until I realised the post slots, where the coil leads go, are also painted. I broke out some 1000 grit sand paper, folded it to fit in the post slots, and removed the finish from the bottom of the slots and it now has stable ohms readings.

If anyone has the ohms jumping around on the black deck version of the GR1s, give this fix a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread