The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Gas Tank Onboard Mod (GTO)

Discussion in 'Cartridge Mods' started by spaky, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. spaky

spaky ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    Ok so this is the mod I came up with while patiently awaiting the arrival of my Chuck. All that is needed is a drill, 2 drill bits, 3 ml bottle, and silicone. Sorry for the crappy pic, but all I have right now is my Razor phone camera.

Multimedia message(2).jpg

So far I have been using this for a week and I haven't gotten any juice in my mouth and haven't flooded it once. It's made my 510 vaping much more enjoyable. I kept thinking that the short battery life was the pain, but I now realize that the topping off was much worse. With this I can just squeeze the bottle when the taste starts to fade and it gets the taste right back up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jimpma

jimpma Full Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Massachusetts
    What is the second drill bit used for??

3. spaky

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    Sorry I guess I could have explained more. The first drill bit is used to make a pilot hole. Then the second is used to make the hole for the dropper part of the 3 ml bottle. I found that just using the bigger one didn't work too well as it keeps sliding on the cart. Then just cram the dropper part into the hole and silicone around it. I'm not really sure how necessary the silicone is, but it makes me feel better with it there.

4. Bubo

Bubo Super Member ECF Veteran

And if you want to go hands free - you can just stick the bottle in your nose.... :)
    (j/k!)

Great idea!

5. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    How do you refill it?

6. spaky

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    Well I would need a manual battery for that, but it does make my lanyard obsolete.:D

7. cyberwolfrob

cyberwolfrob Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    Spokane,Wa
    Great idea,although I would not use it myself just cause it looks too goofy lol

8. spaky

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    You just take the bottle off like you would refill any other bottle. The dropper part stays on the cart.

9. spaky

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    Ya I know it looks goofy, but I just wanted something for around the house. I really wish one of the manufacturers would put out a cart with a juice reservoir like this only more stylish.:D

10. RatRacer

RatRacer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    S.W. Florida
    Looks like an airbrush. Bottle hit your nose?:D

11. spaky

Nov 29, 2009
    Making cement boots
    Well you can hit it with the bottle up or down or even on the side. I just don't care too much for it on the side, it kind of throws off the balance.

12. beast775

beast775 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    victoria bc canada
    hey bubo i laughed outloud when i read your answer,just stick it up yournose haha i pictured that im still laughin..good mod although extreme but good and useful.

13. voltaire

voltaire Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2009
    Florida
  14. Uno mas

Uno mas Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 5, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow now this is a blast from the past, actually before my time, interesting to see how hobbyists can change an industry.... An original tank feeder :thumb: impressive ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.