Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Well as some of you know from my posts a while back, I switched from my kanger evod to a provari and i have 2 protank 2's and recently purchased an aspire nautilus.

anyways, the problems ive had have drove me back to smoking worse than i smoked before, and now i have $600 in useless junk that i just cannot deal with..

i have 2 protanks that will not stop flooding, an aspire nautilus which produces no vapor, and an igo-w atty that i cannot figure out how to use..

i ordered an airflow control valve for the protank 2 that floods every 30-45 minutes.. the aspire feels like it has no suction and also floods.. dont know what im doing wrong, i was smoke free for 2 months!

im 20 years old, have smoked a pack a day for 5 years and now its almost 2 packs a day, i want to quit again, but trying to get this thing working stresses me out and leads me to smoke even more..

the protanks when on my provari screw all the way down and flood after 4-5 hits, with the airflow control valve screwed all the way down it doesnt make good contact and doesnt work

someone please help me!!!!!

Consider this a great lesson/test in life. Often, the microcosm reflects the macrocosm. MOST of us have been through periods in vaping where nothing seems to work right. The juices aren't tasting right, and/or the equipment seems to be working subpar. This occasionally happens in the beginning stages of vaping, sometimes even later.

The trick is, to start fresh. Take apart all of your equipment, clean everything, and build some new coils. Order some new juice if you need to.

E-cig equipment can be finicky, but once practice makes perfect. It is simply an issue of understanding and getting to know your equipment.

There are so many factors that affect the quality of your vape, and they must all be fine-tuned. Remember, vaping is an art, unlike smoking cigarettes. With cigarettes, there is no learning curve, no maintenance, etc. With e-cigs, it takes time to learn.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid

It works for all of us!

Yes Provari is nice - Cost intimidates new users, especially when things go stupid. All you see is the BIG investment.
Trust me, the investment IS worth it in the long run..............Now to get you through to the Long Run.

Flooding is a simple thing. So simple in fact that most go into denial over the cause.
Straw Effect - Sucking juice out of the tank just like sucking drink from a cup.
Vaping requires a more subtle Draw approach.

Protank - can't get any better than replacing the original base with an AFC base. Still, you have to understand to adapt.
Wide open for heavier draws, more Vapor
Closed down a bit for thicker liquids, weak lungs(mine) reducing dry hit issues.
Remember more Air=less Vacuum on tank reducing liquid draw
Less Air = More vacuum drawing more liquid

Nautilus - Most do not have an issue, but some suffer the same complaints you have.
Again study the above Vacuum effects - same for any AFC bottom coil tank
If you are casual in use, flip the Nautilus upside down when not vaping(Stand/cup/shot glass/etc.)

Nautilus - No Vapor
Nautilus is Dual Coil, so if you like 3.7v on your Protanks, you will need to increase the Voltage to get the (2) coils in the Nautilus to heat equal to the coil pi the Protank. Otherwise you are not producing any Vapor to start with.

Time
Patience
Questions as needed
Head good advice
Everything will work out in time.

AVOID Buying anything else until you start learning how to whip the pieces you have!
Better to learn to use 2 types than own 30 units you have no clue about.:D

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
When I got my wife the evod, she wanted a bigger tank. so she upgraded to the PT2. Everything was gravy until it started to gurgle and flood. I couldn't figure it out until I did some research and saw it was a common problem. Apparently, if you let the juice go down 50-75%, it will start to cause all those issues. It has something to do with the vacuum/air being lost in the tank. Once you refill it, the problem goes away. When they did it at the shop, I looked at the evod and felt like an idiot.

Then the new issue came up with no enough air flow. I sucked so hard (save the jokes), that my cheeks hurt. Then I find out that you have to play around with the tank to get the holes right. My next solution was to get an airflow control for it. Thats when the wife got fed up and got a JEM mod and Tobh atty. They did a rollercoaster build on it and she's able to vape whatver she wants and it lasts a while (as long as you saturate it).

tanks are very tricky, u can't suck to hard basically u can't chain vape on any tank system.. Dripping is more advisable for first timers

ChurchMouse

Apr 24, 2014
Illinois
I started with the 650 evod kit. Those d@m evods flooded all the time for me... Until I realized I'd been sucking on them like I had a Marlboro Light.

Once I figured out the draw, plus learned how to clean and maintain them properly, even now with other tanks in my inventory these many months later you'll pry my beloved evods from my cold dead hands. :D

Take the time to ask questions, look up videos or visit a B&M for help with these issues. You've already gotten a lot of good advice. You won't really know if what you already have is what you need until you've learned how to get the most out of it, if that makes any sense. It's a learning curve everyone goes through.

In the meantime, be kind to yourself about the smoking. Walk away from vaping for a day or two if you're really that frustrated, then come back and tackle it with a better frame of mind. Once you have things sorted out, vaping becomes so much more enjoyable than smoking for a lot of people that some even stop smoking unintentionally. Lol But don't make it a chore. Work it out at your own pace and when the time is right and you really want it, it will be there for you.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well as some of you know from my posts a while back, I switched from my kanger evod to a provari and i have 2 protank 2's and recently purchased an aspire nautilus.

anyways, the problems ive had have drove me back to smoking worse than i smoked before, and now i have $600 in useless junk that i just cannot deal with..

i have 2 protanks that will not stop flooding, an aspire nautilus which produces no vapor, and an igo-w atty that i cannot figure out how to use..

i ordered an airflow control valve for the protank 2 that floods every 30-45 minutes.. the aspire feels like it has no suction and also floods.. dont know what im doing wrong, i was smoke free for 2 months!

im 20 years old, have smoked a pack a day for 5 years and now its almost 2 packs a day, i want to quit again, but trying to get this thing working stresses me out and leads me to smoke even more..

the protanks when on my provari screw all the way down and flood after 4-5 hits, with the airflow control valve screwed all the way down it doesnt make good contact and doesnt work

Sorry to hear you're having these problems with vaping ltk31!

I started vaping in April 2012. There were not nearly as many good vape devices around back then as we have these days. I used a eGo-C system for the first few months and that got me off a 37 year long, pack a day cigarette habit that I was VERY addicted to and really needed to stop.

The eGo-C was a pretty snarly setup. The attys were expensive, gunked up quick and needed a lot of maintenance. Many people didn't have success with them and many people hated them with a passion.

I stuck with that gear and learned its intricacies well enough so I was able to get a reasonably good vape from it. A few months later I tried a CE4 clearo and thought I was in heaven. 1/4 the cost, 1/4 the maintenance and more consistent performance. A lot of people had problems with them though and I remember writing a lot of posts on how to get around the issues at the time. What I had learned about the eGo-C attys really helped me with these guys.

In your situation I would pick a mod, the Provari, and a topper. The Provari will not need any learning curve. Just set it and forget it. The topper, the evod, nautilus or Protank, will need some work form you to learn to use successfully. Every topper has its little quirks and fine points that we all have to learn and understand to get the best from them.

Pick one, use it and ask questions here about the issues you're having. Address the issues one by one and before long I believe you'll have it all figured out for that device and that knowledge is transferable to the next device you try out.

And as others have also said, don't worry about having a smoke when you need one in the meantime. Once you get the hang of vaping that generally takes care of itself.

Best of luck with it :thumb:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If you really want help then the first step is to stop blaming vaping for making you give in to the urge to smoke.

Then stop acting like a victim.

Posting here and asking for help is a good start but even the best PV and setup in the world isnt going to make you quit unless you really want to.

My advice? Keep the vaping supplies and go back to smoking for awhile.

We'll see you again soon .....when youre ready and have realized how much better off you are in all aspects of your life by choosing to vape instead of smoking.

It took me awhile...I was on again and off again for the better part of two years but what finally helped was a healthy dose of resolve and a fresh list of the negatives derived from smoking whenever I wanted to pick one up.

It also helps if you stop making excuses for failure, learn from the mistakes and then actively think of ways to better your chance of succeeding.

The number one trait shared by successful people is that they keep trying despite failures and setbacks.

Last edited:

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
dude you just need to learn how to build a kayfun, taifun GT, or a frogger v4 let's be honest and really keep this simple because if that don't work you don't wanna quit .....If I kept vaping my pre-built junker coils and tanks I would have been back to smoking too you need to dive in head first

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
To all of you telling the OP to rebuild cause he doesn't know what he's missing, did you bother to notice he said-

I don't recall anyone asking but to the OP, have you checked to make sure your Nautilus coil is in there snugly?

BladeZ

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Dortmund, Germany
My advice? KeeI the vaping supplies and go back to smoking for awhile.

We'll see you again soon .....when youre ready and have realized how much better off you are in all aspects of your life by choosing to vape instead of smoking.

It took me awhile...I was on again and off again for the better part of two years but what finally helped was a healthy dose of resolve and a fresh list of the negatives derived from smoking whenever I wanted to pick one up.

It also helps if you stop making excuses for failure, learn from the mistakes and then actively think of ways to better your chance of succeeding.

The number one trait shared by successful people is that they keep trying despite failures and setbacks.

Agree.. Honestly after all this months i still kinda smoke once in a while.. for my case its because in my country i'm too exposed with analog.. the vaping community is small and not many people aware of the existence of e-cig..

Yes there are some people who manage to let go their 'analog' straight away after they obtained their e CIG, reason wise:

1. Either they experience that vaping is sooooo much better than actual smoking.

2. Vaping is convenience.. And of course cheaper in a long run (for those who smoke at least 2 packs of CIG, and it cost at least $8/pack)

3. forced to quit analog for certain reason (like for my case I'm going to European country for study, compare to Asia the analog cost wayyyy tooooo expeennssiiivveeee)

4. And of course strong determination to leave analog for the best.. For your family, girlfriend/boyfriend, etc..

I envy that you have the money to purchase that awesome device like provari.. If I'm able to I would love playing around with it.. But nevertheless my kit provide me good vaping experience and that's enough for me now.. So don't give up..

P.S. Learn how to rebuild coil in your PT and Nautilus.. and change the old O-ring too..

Cheers.

jimstratus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calhoun,GA,USA
"Whatever you need to do to stay off analogs" possible solution to your leaking Nautilus. Check the o-ring at the chimney and tank. It has a pitted side and a flat side. The pitted side should be facing the drip tip and the flat side should face the glass tank. I bought 3 nautilus tanks last week. 2 worked perfect and 1 flooded until I was ready to build an ark. Had the vendor send me a new base which I thought was the issue but it leaked also on this tank. Then discovered the o-ring issue after closely examining all the parts of all 3 tanks. Took a pair of pointed tweezers, flipped the o-ring and no more issues.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I just have a Silver Bullet with 5ml PBC bottom coil tanks for it. The only time I have problems with flooding is if I let the the tank go too low or my battery is low. So when I hit 1/2 tank I fill up, and put in a nicely fresh charged battery. Also I take the bottom coil out of the tank and let it sit in hot water for 10-15 min. Then take it out and burn it dry.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I won't suggest other gear as I know you are frustrated with what you already have and it could just make matters worse. You have been given great advice on troubleshooting the stuff you have and it is all solid advice from my experience, the gear you own is all good as well.

The only thing I picked up on that may make a difference is that is sounds like maybe you pull too hard on your atties. Your mention that the smallest airhole on the Nautilus delivers much too airy of a draw leads me to believe that it is more a matter of how hard you are pulling on the toppers rather than how often (chain vaping). You have to remember that if you pull really hard on any device it will start to act almost like a straw and pull juice in faster than the coil can vaporize it thus causing flooding.

Since you have a Provari, I suggest increasing the vv until you are below the burn point and try to take more leisurely pulls. Try holding the fire button for a second before you even put it to your mouth which will fill the topper with vapor thus giving you a fuller hit.

This may not be the answer but just thought I'd bring it to light.

Whatever you do don't give up if you want off the cigs and don't beat yourself up for going back. Think of how many cigs you avoided while vaping and count that as a victory rather than kicking yourself for how many you've had since you went back. Start with what you know works well, your idiot proof set up, even if it was your starter rig and work your way back up. The "finicky" gremlins tend to get bored and move onto another vaper and then you'll have smooth sailing.

Good luck!

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
If you want hassle free bullet proof vaping, just go to Cartos.

Put a Carto with an IBTanked on that Provari, and forget it.

It's the easiest way to vape.....I hate clearos.

They almost made me quit vaping as well.

Everyone who champions one, always champions the fix to that particular clear's problem. In the meanwhile, I just wanted to vape.

I have since gone on to RBA's but to this day, I think that clearo's are crap. Every single one that someone loves has "quirks".

Want to vape a carto? Fill it, screw it on, vape.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

Everyone who champions one, always champions the fix to that particular clear's problem. In the meanwhile, I just wanted to vape.

I have since gone on to RBA's but to this day, I think that clearo's are crap. Every single one that someone loves has "quirks".

Bingo!

Boge carto with an F-16 tank cheap and reliable, no need to go crazy. Once you see that you like it you can buy a nice pyrex tank for the cartos.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

I vaped EVODS & PTs on Vamos for about a year.
The PTs were fiddly and would leak unless they were between 1/4 & 3/4 full.
EVODs worked better IMO.

I haven't used either at all since I got a Russian 91%.
I bought a couple of KFL+ clones to go with it and a few used Provarii to fire them.
Awesome but the RBAs might be a bit technical for a consistant, hassle-free vape.

A couple of months ago I got a cartotank bundled into a classifieds buy and got some punched cartos to try it out.
I agree that it's the best & easiest compromise.
Good flavor & decent vapor production and simple as can be.

Now I use both (KFL+/R91 & cartotanks) and life is good.

If you want consistant, hassle-free vaping with good flavor & vapor then I'd also suggest a cartotank. :2c:

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
My experience. I bought a Provari mini, some AW batteries, plastic battery cases,ejuice,and a VP-1 charger. I used a few ibtanked cartomizer tanks. It was a learning curve. Putting a broken tine from a plastic fork in the hole to add juice to inside of carto. Thermometer shake carto a little. Ibtanked drip tip or slap your momma tool to put carto in tank. Fill tank. Do a few dry pulls. Once it was set up I was usually good on each carto for a few days of heavy use and refills. A fairly consistent system I could count on. After that tried clearomizers. Iclear I had leaked all over. I gave it away. Bought some protanks. I have a protank 1 and 2. Seemed to get a slightly better hit, and I could lower the nic level down. Occasionally, I would have to dry out the well on my Provari to get a good hit. Always had a napkin,toilet paper,paper towel piece. I would take the tank off and blow in the drip tip and have a paper towel at exit hole. Didn't have to do this all the time. I liked them, but wanted more. I felt I had this great Provari, but wasn't getting big satisfying clouds. Now, I have a Svoemesto Kayfun lite plus v2 and I get way better vape, and the coil is really much easier than people realize. I am just using Kanthal and cotton. I wish I had taken the plunge on a kayfun to start. It is a way more satisfying vape. My fears were always that it would be more of a hassle, but I find it is less hassle and way more satisfying. Anyway I understand the frustration as you are learning. Truly wish you the best. If you stick with it you can get a satisfying and happy vaping experience, and find flavors you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread