GBox 200 dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_pierced_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hopefully this is allowed, I noticed most the threads are locked guessing because it's an older device now. I've had it since preorder and the last week or so it keeps throwing up the errors no coil detected, ohms too high and short detected in no particular order. I get lucky and it'll work longer than 2 seconds before it shuts down with the errors every so often. I took the back off and checked the 510 nut and it's tight, can't get it any tighter. I've tried 3 different rdas I have and it does the same thing with all of them even with fresh builds. They all work on my vt75 just fine. I'm not sure what else to try at this point and I'm 2 seconds from throwing it in the trash. Anyone have any ideas?

_pierced_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Pittsburgh
That's what I was afraid of and the only thing that makes the most sense since it fires for milliseconds at a time and bounces from error to error as I hold the fire button. I seriously have no luck with these devices any more. Two rx200's died on me, ipv3, now this. Luckily my vt75 is a tank and still works after sitting in its box for a year.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
That's what I was afraid of and the only thing that makes the most sense since it fires for milliseconds at a time and bounces from error to error as I hold the fire button. I seriously have no luck with these devices any more. Two rx200's died on me, ipv3, now this. Luckily my vt75 is a tank and still works after sitting in its box for a year.
I just fixed one that did the same thing. The nut that holds the 510 tight from the bottom comes loose.

_pierced_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well, I figured out what's wrong with it I think. The fire button isn't making a solid connection any more. If I use the side of my thumb and push it kinda forcefully down and in it works fine but it's awkward to do that. Probably gonna tear it completely apart and see if there's some lint or something gunking it up when I have time.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread