Geekvape Aegis Legend Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So everyone keeps saying, LOL. I will at some future point in the far distance like if I hated it as it is and I don't, well, you would have to understand that it would be my first mod update.

It sounds like kind of hard, and yes, I realize that it is probably little to no different than allowing my Office Suite to update plus a data cord, I have High Offense to New Things especially when it's tech related.

I bet it will be on to the NEXT update once I get to updating it, and yeah, I vape it at an all powerful like 11 watts at the moment and use TC RARELY if I'm out and about.

I'm all for things "being at their best" at like, "My timeframe," which is why I am PARTIALLY so glad I am going back to work soon, feeling rather aimless at the moment, and the less time I have to like, do less the better I function.

Some people are like that, and I am one of them. LOL. I know it's like crazy to imagine, but it is about 1000 times harder for me to do something for myself, than for someone else.

I should probably find a brief career at a vape shop, then like, sell it to the husband and he could come in and I'd update it lickety split. It's especially lethargic for me as I await the Apparently Godot Job Letter AND annoying because people keep calling me for job stuff and like, I'm like, "I really SHOULDN'T say no until I at LEAST get my offer letter and etc.," so I do this sort of half hearted interview for a position in Tennessee (this was before my husband indicated his disapproval of moving) where you can tell they're like "OMG, she has a license and a pulse!" and I'm like, "Meh I feel so half hearted about this, but like, I already said, "I'm probably wasting your time" and they're like "LICENSE! PULSE! " maybe what I NEED to do is like, take down all my resumes and just get going on that list..

I will say ECF is serving its purpose to keep me amused and out of trouble while I Await the Godot Letter of the Offer, which will then involve frantic movement forward on my to do list and etc., INCLUDING my mods and making them All they can Be, but like maybe I should just debewitch myself and get all the resumes down, I've already stopped APPLYING to stuff but like, it takes a while for folks to get back to you. For example I have to talk about being a homebased something or other not quite sure for Aetna, and it's home based. I don't know why I am even bothering, I'd do better to just rewatch like, some TV show that is mindlessly soothing. IDK..

Yeah, I will debewitch myself and remove my resumes from all places I MEAN. LOL.

Also snail mail: Hmm, comes once a day at a SORT of specified time. Then you can give up for the day,.
Email: There is literally (Well I imagine there is some random number of times you can check it per day and I may be like, approaching That Number) but yeah, you can look for Godot there a LOT.

I'm realizing I'm sounding like an Existentialist so I will stop. And also update my career status and like, ah, resume status. That should keep me busy.

Anna

And mail: Obnc

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Sure it is hard! I have two of them and the TC is worthless. Burns wicks and juice much worse than you can do with wattage alone. And I connect them up to my Windows 8.1 to update the firmware and I always get device not found error. I can update the original Aegis, but not the Legend. Those two Legends are currently being used as door stops. :-x

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
the TC is worthless. Burns wicks and juice much worse than you can do with wattage alone.

Curious what your build and atty is. What your settings are.
And what is the room temperature where you lock them in.

I ask because I've seen that said (although for the opposite reasons you gave) and I know the mesh I'm using is low mass and the other complaints were about higher mass not heating up.

Your device not found may be a USB conflict. I think that's what this one was.

Try this on next firmware update if you have issues again

I posted this on Geekvape's forum

"I was trying to update my Legend to version 1.2, kept getting the error message “failed to find device”. I tried all the solutions offered above, none work.
I went to Control Panel – Device Manager – Scroll down to Human Interface Devices – had 3 USB Input Devices listed – unplugged the cable for the Legend now only 2 show up – right clicked on the first one and disabled it – couldn’t disable the second one so I right clicked, and clicked on uninstall device.
Went back to Geekvape’s instructions and it connected and updated hope this helps someone."

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Zophie just "reviewed" the resin Falcon tank. It looks exactly like the Aero tank. Which came first, Aero or Falcon? Anyone have them both? Are they such total knock-offs that the parts are interchangeable?

Sorry I am not sure BUT the resin Falcon looks amazing on my Aegis Legend :)
20180809_190619.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Sorry I am not sure BUT the resin Falcon looks amazing on my Aegis Legend :) View attachment 759685
Are the parts interchangeable with Aero tanks?
She showed it has a 510 but it looked like it had an 810-510 adapter.
Falcon has an adapter or true 510?

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Count me in. The first Legend I got was the black and orange one. I really liked the colors and the Aero Mesh tank matched. Well that one went south in the first week. Would not turn back on after changing the batteries. Went back to my local B&M where I bought it and they replaced it without a problem. They were out of the orange and black version so I ended up with a all black one. That was about two months ago. The new one has been doing great with no issues. I did the most recent upgrade and the battery life has been increased by a bunch. I do not know about TC mode as I vape in wattage mode. I myself like the Aero Mesh tank. The standard mesh coil works really well for me. Have not dropped it yet. My last mod fell from a distance of about a foot and after that it was toast. This is a great thread and I am looking forward to following it.
Heath54
:toast:

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
So everyone keeps saying, LOL. I will at some future point in the far distance like if I hated it as it is and I don't, well, you would have to understand that it would be my first mod update.

It sounds like kind of hard, and yes, I realize that it is probably little to no different than allowing my Office Suite to update plus a data cord, I have High Offense to New Things especially when it's tech related.

I bet it will be on to the NEXT update once I get to updating it, and yeah, I vape it at an all powerful like 11 watts at the moment and use TC RARELY if I'm out and about.

I'm all for things "being at their best" at like, "My timeframe," which is why I am PARTIALLY so glad I am going back to work soon, feeling rather aimless at the moment, and the less time I have to like, do less the better I function.

Some people are like that, and I am one of them. LOL. I know it's like crazy to imagine, but it is about 1000 times harder for me to do something for myself, than for someone else.

I should probably find a brief career at a vape shop, then like, sell it to the husband and he could come in and I'd update it lickety split. It's especially lethargic for me as I await the Apparently Godot Job Letter AND annoying because people keep calling me for job stuff and like, I'm like, "I really SHOULDN'T say no until I at LEAST get my offer letter and etc.," so I do this sort of half hearted interview for a position in Tennessee (this was before my husband indicated his disapproval of moving) where you can tell they're like "OMG, she has a license and a pulse!" and I'm like, "Meh I feel so half hearted about this, but like, I already said, "I'm probably wasting your time" and they're like "LICENSE! PULSE! " maybe what I NEED to do is like, take down all my resumes and just get going on that list..

I will say ECF is serving its purpose to keep me amused and out of trouble while I Await the Godot Letter of the Offer, which will then involve frantic movement forward on my to do list and etc., INCLUDING my mods and making them All they can Be, but like maybe I should just debewitch myself and get all the resumes down, I've already stopped APPLYING to stuff but like, it takes a while for folks to get back to you. For example I have to talk about being a homebased something or other not quite sure for Aetna, and it's home based. I don't know why I am even bothering, I'd do better to just rewatch like, some TV show that is mindlessly soothing. IDK..

Yeah, I will debewitch myself and remove my resumes from all places I MEAN. LOL.

Also snail mail: Hmm, comes once a day at a SORT of specified time. Then you can give up for the day,.
Email: There is literally (Well I imagine there is some random number of times you can check it per day and I may be like, approaching That Number) but yeah, you can look for Godot there a LOT.

I'm realizing I'm sounding like an Existentialist so I will stop. And also update my career status and like, ah, resume status. That should keep me busy.

Anna

And mail: Obnc
Well if your current legend is working well there really is no absolutely need to update it just keep enjoying it!

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Count me in. The first Legend I got was the black and orange one. I really liked the colors and the Aero Mesh tank matched. Well that one went south in the first week. Would not turn back on after changing the batteries. Went back to my local B&M where I bought it and they replaced it without a problem. They were out of the orange and black version so I ended up with a all black one. That was about two months ago. The new one has been doing great with no issues. I did the most recent upgrade and the battery life has been increased by a bunch. I do not know about TC mode as I vape in wattage mode. I myself like the Aero Mesh tank. The standard mesh coil works really well for me. Have not dropped it yet. My last mod fell from a distance of about a foot and after that it was toast. This is a great thread and I am looking forward to following it.
Heath54
:toast:
glad your enjoying it!

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Zophie just "reviewed" the resin Falcon tank. It looks exactly like the Aero tank. Which came first, Aero or Falcon? Anyone have them both? Are they such total knock-offs that the parts are interchangeable?
Areo tank came first. came out about a few years ago. The parts are not interchangeable

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Why TC instead of AVP & Mods Discussion?

How many people in this thread use their Legend in TC?
How many people in this thread use their Legend in Power?

I use my Legend in Power Mode

I've often wondered that too. And I do use everything I use in TC.
APVs pretty much don't come without TC any more. Even if it doesn't always work so good.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have been using Legend with the Aero tank and the Geekvape mesh coils in wattage as I really like that combo. I have been trying it out for a few days with TC and it is working well.

I used it in TC with a .5 ohm ss single coil in a Kanger Toptank and that worked fine and was pretty similar to the same tank coil on a DNA75. I am currently using it with a SS Clapton .35 ohm coil in a Digiflavor Fuji Son GTA for the past two days. So far this is also working will in TC.

Will probably go back to the mesh coil as the flavor is really good.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Why TC instead of AVP & Mods Discussion?

How many people in this thread use their Legend in TC?
How many people in this thread use their Legend in Power?

I use my Legend in Power Mode

I've often wondered that too. And I do use everything I use in TC.
APVs pretty much don't come without TC any more. Even if it doesn't always work so good.
I think any mod with tc is supposed to go here i dont know why?

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I have been using Legend with the Aero tank and the Geekvape mesh coils in wattage as I really like that combo. I have been trying it out for a few days with TC and it is working well.

I used it in TC with a .5 ohm ss single coil in a Kanger Toptank and that worked fine and was pretty similar to the same tank coil on a DNA75. I am currently using it with a SS Clapton .35 ohm coil in a Digiflavor Fuji Son GTA for the past two days. So far this is also working will in TC.

Will probably go back to the mesh coil as the flavor is really good.
I tried tc on this mod but honestly i cant tell good tc from bad tc. I guess i will have to get an DNA or yihi mod to fine out lol. Tc is not my thing to complicated to get setup right but thats probably because i dont know enough about tc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread