Status
Not open for further replies.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Moved to Temperature Control from General vaping Discussion
I dont know if we can link reddit articles so i wont but if you look up VapeyMcGyver he does in-depth battery drain analysis on the Legend for version 1.0,1.1, and 1.2. Its an interesting read if you want to know exactly how much the battery drain is on the Legend and how it was improved with later versions

EDIT: mods say i can link Reddit Articles so here y'all go
Ver 1.0 GeekVape Aegis Legend battery life test! But on factory firmware, new update available today. : electronic_cigarette
Ver 1.1 r/electronic_cigarette - Geekvape Aegis Legend battery life - retest on new 1.1 firmware!
Ver 1.2 r/electronic_cigarette - Geekvape Aegis Legend - battery life on new 1.2 firmware tested!

Last edited:

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I have had mine for a few weeks, love the durability but am dissapointed that the vape is weak. To get the equiviliant 30w vape from my cylon on my legend I have pump it up to 48w .
The stock mesh rta that came with the kit has been a solid performer.(that suprised the heck out of me actually)

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I have had mine for a few weeks, love the durability but am dissapointed that the vape is weak. To get the equiviliant 30w vape from my cylon on my legend I have pump it up to 48w .
The stock mesh rta that came with the kit has been a solid performer.(that suprised the heck out of me actually)
Kinda makes since, the cylon/smoant chips is know to have better performance then geekvape chips

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Just wanted to let everyone know i check the Geekvape website daily for new firmware updates (kinda OCD about firmware updates for mods) so i will post here if/when there is another firmware update available. If someone finds it before I do please feel free to post it here!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh perhaps because it is TC capable (although yeah, certainly I use mine in VW mode a lot of the time?) Perhaps because there are so many mods (with TC and without) that someone going looking for what they know is a TC capable mod would go here first? IDK it makes sense to me, personally, I mean it is a TC mod, although I can certainly understand folks perhaps thinking that "true" TC mods are like DNA mods these days and whatnot. I think the TC is okay but I really am not looking for much when it comes to TC, so I tend not to freak out etc.

I will say my DNA mod gives the best TC but I would like, expect that.

In any case, no update as yet. My goal after credentialing yesterday is to do as little as possible, like I bathed. I'm satisfied with my performance. I may go to Dollar General later. IDK. LOL.

Anna

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I bought a 200 watt version on the eBay. Paid $50.
I found a 100 watt version yesterday at a local vape shop for $80. I feel that way pricey but i was willing to pay that much because the 200 , though made to be rugged, is such a looker to me i don't want it getting fragged.
I switch tanks from Subtanks (.5occ) to Toptank(.5ss) to iken (.5ss) to Falcon (M1) to Cubis (4) to Smok Baby Prince (.4 quad), eGo tc tank ( .4ni) in no particular order because I've found certain flavors work better in certain tanks for me. Either Legend handles things with ease.
Both have 1.1 firmware but my desktop is having an issue with ip4 not being found (ip6 works fine but most sites still use ip4) and Comcast is saying it's on my end again (it's not) so updating the 200 is going to have to wait until it magically starts working again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So, did you buy a used Legend or a cloned Legend or a "hastily broken and refurbished" Legend.

I think that price is a tad on the low side, although I just checked vapecrawler and it's not THAT low for just the mod, so maybe you used a reputable ebay store or something and will make out Just fine. I hope so.

I have had dreadful luck buying many things from ebay unless they're used./rare collectable type items and well, I'm going to just say an ebay prayer for you, unless you are agnostic and would prefer I didn't.

Anna

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
So, did you buy a used Legend or a cloned Legend or a "hastily broken and refurbished" Legend.

I think that price is a tad on the low side, although I just checked vapecrawler and it's not THAT low for just the mod, so maybe you used a reputable ebay store or something and will make out Just fine. I hope so.

I have had dreadful luck buying many things from ebay unless they're used./rare collectable type items and well, I'm going to just say an ebay prayer for you, unless you are agnostic and would prefer I didn't.

Anna
Me? Mine was new, not refurbished , with scratch and sniff from a long time reputable seller, mod only.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Anna

$52.79 after coupon code at Eciggity.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
About 80ml of Max VG Bavarian Cream through the Aero's included mesh coil so far.
How many ml are your Aero mesh coils getting before gunk-city?

I get about 120 ml or a little more thru the mesh coil before the taste changes enough to use a new coil. Not particularly gunky juice I am using though

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Just ordered another Aegis Legend using the deal in this link Great Deal on GeekVape Aegis Legend Mod For 33% Off
Note they say 33% off which was just marginally a good deal but when I applied the coupon they took $33.00 off which brought the cost to $40.90. Be sure you check USA Warehouse before adding the Legend to your cart.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
I had gotten to the point where I was rarely using my Legend 200 because the 100 with a single Hohm Grown 26650 battery had about the same mah as my pairs of Samsung batteries in my 200. My boss had outgrown his Penguin system so I gave him my 200 and batteries and a charger so he'd not outgrow the system for quite a while using a couple Falcon tanks for a nice change up from a pod system.
I ended up getting another 200 from the same seller for the same price because my Uwell Yalryan tank is a battery HOG. I use it on the 200 and Baby Prince tanks at much lower wattage on the 100 so I'm not changing batteries during the work day and using what little spare time I have after work remembering to charge batteries every day . The Hohm Life are just over 3kmah each so they last almost half a day if I'm using the 200 and Valaryan exclusively.
Member hereUnited States gave me an SX Mini mod that I use at home but what I step outside a Legend is all I take with me.
I haven't done it myself yet but I have been told by several Legend 200 owners the newest firmware update improves battery life about a whopping 40% plus some bug fixes.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
My new Legend arrived yesterday, stopped at the office on my way out and picked it up. Went with stealth black for this one.

Once back in the motorhome connected and updated the firmware, set screen color and brightness.

I'm thinking I may need a new Freemax Mesh Pro to go on it, for now though I've put one of the NRGs on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread