Geekvape Creed RTA

Creed RTA is the most versatile tank to date. Comes with three interchangeable airflow system providing variety of airflow options.
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Have had time to use the Creed for a couple weeks. I like it with dual coils and didn't really care much for it with a single coil. The juice capacity is very nice and the flavor is pretty intense with dual coil. Was kind of weak with a single coil to me anyway.

I also have a Zeus and a Themis. Both of those are fine with single coils. There is a bubble glass that fits the Themis that gets it up to decent capacity for ejuice. Have used the Themis will coils and with Mesh. The Mesh seems best in it.

Thank you for your feedback. It is glad you love it. :toast:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I like the Creed a lot. It is a great tank with a few negatives. The top can be hard to remove if screwed on tight. I wish that the knurling was a little more easy to grip. That said, after using it for some time, it gets easier. I did say initially that the single coil insert was a PITA but it really is pretty simple to install. Let's just say that this user had some issues the first time. :D

I find if I use it as a dual coil, the flavor is best with the airflow cap that closes off additional airflow. In single coil, I like the airflow cap with the dot sized holes in the sides.

The o-rings are a bit tricky to change. On my very first Creed, it started seeping liquid from the area just above the airflow. I removed the o-ring and saw what I thought might be a problem so I installed one of the turquoise o-rings as it doesn't come with an extra opaque one for that part of the tank. The seeping started again so I don't know if the o-rings are the problem or if the tank is defective. Also, the replacement o-ring doesn't remain seated in the slot. It comes out when I take it apart to recoil or clean. I am deciding whether to send it to GeekVape for inspection or whether to have them just to send me a new set of o-rings. They offered both options when I contacted them.

a3ab33acf4233202e9fbfae15948d2c1.jpg

I have three other Creed RTAs and enjoy using them in both single and dual coil mode. It is a matter of trying the different airflow caps to find out which one gives the best flavor for your juice. LOVE the capacity and love the performance. Best of all, o-ring issues aside, it doesn't leak!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I think it is the o-ring as it is pretty skimpy. It moves out of position if you aren't really careful then the Creed leaks ejuice all over the place.

I like the Creed with dual coils as well. But as you said there are some drawbacks to the tank. Such as you can't get to the coil to burn off, re-wick without emptying the tank of juice. Dual coil build is not all that easy with the two posts. Nothing is perfect I guess. The capacity is really nice. Maybe they will come out with another similar one addressing some of the minor drawbacks.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I think it is the o-ring as it is pretty skimpy. It moves out of position if you aren't really careful then the Creed leaks ejuice all over the place.

I like the Creed with dual coils as well. But as you said there are some drawbacks to the tank. Such as you can't get to the coil to burn off, re-wick without emptying the tank of juice. Dual coil build is not all that easy with the two posts. Nothing is perfect I guess. The capacity is really nice. Maybe they will come out with another similar one addressing some of the minor drawbacks.

I agree that the o-rings are skimpy. I work on the deck without emptying the tank but usually wait until it is empty to do maintenance. Dual coil build is easier if you get a Coil Building Tool for measuring and cutting the coil legs - 3.5mm is just right for the Creed.

authentic-hugsvape-coil-trimming-tool-for-diy-building-blue.jpg

Buy Authentic Hugsvape Coil Trimming Tool for DIY Building

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I like the Creed a lot. It is a great tank with a few negatives. The top can be hard to remove if screwed on tight. I wish that the knurling was a little more easy to grip. That said, after using it for some time, it gets easier. I did say initially that the single coil insert was a PITA but it really is pretty simple to install. Let's just say that this user had some issues the first time. :D

I find if I use it as a dual coil, the flavor is best with the airflow cap that closes off additional airflow. In single coil, I like the airflow cap with the dot sized holes in the sides.

The o-rings are a bit tricky to change. On my very first Creed, it started seeping liquid from the area just above the airflow. I removed the o-ring and saw what I thought might be a problem so I installed one of the turquoise o-rings as it doesn't come with an extra opaque one for that part of the tank. The seeping started again so I don't know if the o-rings are the problem or if the tank is defective. Also, the replacement o-ring doesn't remain seated in the slot. It comes out when I take it apart to recoil or clean. I am deciding whether to send it to GeekVape for inspection or whether to have them just to send me a new set of o-rings. They offered both options when I contacted them.

a3ab33acf4233202e9fbfae15948d2c1.jpg

I have three other Creed RTAs and enjoy using them in both single and dual coil mode. It is a matter of trying the different airflow caps to find out which one gives the best flavor for your juice. LOVE the capacity and love the performance. Best of all, o-ring issues aside, it doesn't leak!

Thanks @PJReid for your feedback and sharing.

Reactions: PJReid

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I find if I use it as a dual coil, the flavor is best with the airflow cap that closes off additional airflow. In single coil, I like the airflow cap with the dot sized holes in the sides
mine came with the plain cap installed did tried the 2 aditional caps, noticed zero differences on dual coils... the doted one provide a smooth hit, the sloted one just helped my wicks to trash faster... but i did tried those caps a bit one day each, then moved to the plain one... would like to ear other imputs from other fellas,
Notice that this tank is pretty thirsty, biggest consumption tank of my stack ....
i do like it a lot, juicy capacity is amazing but bubble makes it look horrible, i hate that bubble... and as others stated, top / juice cap is tricky ...

would to see more about this tank!
so bring on fellas!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
mine came with the plain cap installed did tried the 2 aditional caps, noticed zero differences on dual coils... the doted one provide a smooth hit, the sloted one just helped my wicks to trash faster... but i did tried those caps a bit one day each, then moved to the plain one... would like to ear other imputs from other fellas,
Notice that this tank is pretty thirsty, biggest consumption tank of my stack ....
i do like it a lot, juicy capacity is amazing but bubble makes it look horrible, i hate that bubble... and as others stated, top / juice cap is tricky ...

would to see more about this tank!
so bring on fellas!

I enjoy my four Creed RTAs. I also really like the bubble glass. Now that I have used the tanks for quite some time, I can open the top easily. It just took some practice. I prefer the flavor with dual coils and always use the plain cap that closes off extra airflow. My only real complaint is that the orings are flimsy and slip out of place rather easily. It isn't the easiest tank to place coils and to wick but practice helps with that as well. I am glad I bought them. They have pretty much replaced my Mantas, but I will use my Mantas again.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I enjoy my four Creed RTAs. I also really like the bubble glass. Now that I have used the tanks for quite some time, I can open the top easily. It just took some practice. I prefer the flavor with dual coils and always use the plain cap that closes off extra airflow. My only real complaint is that the orings are flimsy and slip out of place rather easily. It isn't the easiest tank to place coils and to wick but practice helps with that as well. I am glad I bought them. They have pretty much replaced my Mantas, but I will use my Mantas again.
4 of them lol, at least tell me you have'em on amazing colors, lol
i dont find this tank hard to wick or build, but the o-rings are crap yes, im constantly switching between creed rta and themis, on 2 mods, those right now my favorite or most used thanks, besides the zeus single that always sits on my mech, top players!

on this next rebuild will see, if coils could take another wicking and last one or needs new coils, if so, i would use it single coil to see how it performs, i do like single coils, was wondering the same with themis RTA, to try it single,

The bubble, just no!! i never liked bubble glass, easy to drop and crack, looks ultra horrible, but the liquid capacity with bubble is amazing, 6.5ml for this beast is amazing for a thirsty tank!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
4 of them lol, at least tell me you have'em on amazing colors, lol
i dont find this tank hard to wick or build, but the o-rings are crap yes, im constantly switching between creed rta and themis, on 2 mods, those right now my favorite or most used thanks, besides the zeus single that always sits on my mech, top players!

on this next rebuild will see, if coils could take another wicking and last one or needs new coils, if so, i would use it single coil to see how it performs, i do like single coils, was wondering the same with themis RTA, to try it single,

The bubble, just no!! i never liked bubble glass, easy to drop and crack, looks ultra horrible, but the liquid capacity with bubble is amazing, 6.5ml for this beast is amazing for a thirsty tank!

Lucky for you that you don't find the tank tricky to build or wick. It is WAY too easy, for me anyway, to position the coils in the way that I normally do with other tanks and then to get a short when I put the cap on. As for wicking, I have found that it has to be "just right" or I get some liquid seepage from the bottom. This tank is not forgiving when it comes to coil placement and to wicking, in my experience. Still, I do like it, so I persevere. :)

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Lucky for you that you don't find the tank tricky to build or wick. It is WAY too easy, for me anyway, to position the coils in the way that I normally do with other tanks and then to get a short when I put the cap on. As for wicking, I have found that it has to be "just right" or I get some liquid seepage from the bottom. This tank is not forgiving when it comes to coil placement and to wicking, in my experience. Still, I do like it, so I persevere. :)
well, you are not the only one that told me that, i got my friends one with mine purchased both, my friend always get me a beer for re-wicking, this is the only tank he gave up on ... lol

another thing i like and guess is what i like the most is that soft airflow / inlet control, the smoothest one i've tried
i wish they would add another drip tip, a shorter one! ow im using the one from my guillotine RDA seldom on it, better flava

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I'll post a pic with the coils I have in it at the mo
I'll post a pic with the coils I have in it at the mo
Not used it for ages
I'm here, never got it right, can't get flavour from it, tried single, double everything, used claptons,claptons, aliens, single wire ss316,ni80,no go
no worries, lets talk about the building in General, which coils do you get and where from?

what do you feel with this tank? to airy? to soft and easy to draw? also we would apreciate if you quote, or merge posts, so we could see a litte bit better information and data!!

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Ok, here goes, I have a wide range of coils and wire, vandy vape, flatwire. UK,pirate,and others, I'm not exactly a novice, just never got this tank to work for me, its like a flat vape, jeez I had probs with the vandy vape mesh 24 but nothing like this tank, my mini serpent kills it plus my intake.
All I was saying is I'll try your build man,just not sure of the coil placement.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.
I wanted this tank for the size ,tpd kills good tanks,yes I know bubble tanks ect, try to get one for the serpent mini, using my 24 now with a glass fitted but its still using juice like mad,I just can't get the flavour I want from the creed, if I could I'd stick the big bubble on in a flash

Last edited:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Ok, here goes, I have a wide range of coils and wire, vandy vape, flatwire. UK,pirate,and others, I'm not exactly a novice, just never got this tank to work for me, its like a flat vape, jeez I had probs with the vandy vape mesh 24 but nothing like this tank, my mini serpent kills it plus my intake.
All I was saying is I'll try your build man,just not sure of the coil placement.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.
I wanted this tank for the size ,tpd kills good tanks,yes I know bubble tanks ect, try to get one for the serpent mini, using my 24 now with a glass fitted but its still using juice like mad,I just can't get the flavour I want from the creed, if I could I'd stick the big bubble on in a flash
lets get back on track,
This tank is amazing, indeed, at the begining i did expected worse things when saw the design and finish, then give it a try, tried 3 different air flow caps, now im using the plain one, no extra air, i did like the dotted one, little dots make interesting changes on some flavor, so is for me at least, so please tell more about your current pick:

Example:
Tank: creed RTA:
Air Caps:
Plain cap
Coils: 2x: tricore ni80flat clapton, 0.25ohm ID: 3.0mm
Cotton: Cotton bacon V2, fluffed ends,
Air: 3/4 open // when using on regulateds air is wide open, on mechs is sat around 3/4 and half way!
Mod setting / mod: Mechanical mostly, 18650 batteries , or Wattage on regulated around 85W til 105W, i like this tank so much for fruits and candy liquids!

Bottom line: Well this tank is completely different to all other my tanks, has the capability to hit hard, and also to be sweet and airy, i like it a lot cuz you can always get something new from it, i havent tried it single coil, i wish next time i will rebuild i just dont forget to try it single!, the first experience with this one was weird, the first 3 or 5 hits and hard hits weren't that flavorful, then started getting the flava from it, is a complete different tank and experience,

how is yours?
Tank: creed RTA:
Air Caps:
slotted, dotted or plain one?
Coils:
Cotton:
Mod setting / mod:
Air:

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I like my Creed tanks but can't say that they are my favorites. They do stay in the rotation. I don't like them as single coil. Something is missing for me in single coil mode. IDK exactly and can't describe it.

The one I am using at the moment has 3mm Ni80 Clapton coils, ohming out at .23 - I think I used 34/24 single core wire for the coils. I like 40/30 quad-core fused best but was playing around with what I have. I always use the closed AF cap. I find the flavor is better if I close the AF about halfway. I wicked this one with Firebolt Cotton and can wick both coils with one strand of the Firebolt. Cut the wicks fairly short so that they just tuck into the wicking channel and don't go down to the bottom. That works for me. I am using this one on an Asmodus Minikin V2 in wattage mode at 40 watts. The flavor is very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread