Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well, I got it today somehow. USPS during the holidays is really under rated.

Anyway, this thing is great. They got rid of the tacky white font on the geekvape label and made it blend in black. Very nice. The top fill is probably the nicest I've ever used. The airflow options are exactly what I was looking for- you can get this down really-really tight, or more open. So I think all MTL'ers will be happy.

I'm using the 1.8 coil now, but can't wait to try the 1.2 when this is done, as it should get warmer. But the 3.8V on this 1.8 is plenty good. Flavor is great, good throat hit, and though I found the built-in drip tip odd, it's works well, and I can see why they went that route. Really the only question now is how long the coils will last. So we'll see. They're just so tiny, so that's my one worry.

If I could change one thing about it, it would be the texture finish on the tube. Someone mentioned in a review that it feels like chalk, and that is sort of true. I've gotten used to it already, and I guess it does help with gripping it a bit, but I really wish they gave it a Rubberized finish instead. But I wish pretty much all mods had that.

I probably should have made this thread in the pod section, as it pretty much is a pod. It's even smaller than I thought. All in all, if you watch the early reviews, it's pretty much exactly what I expected, which is great.

IMG_20181231_144620115.jpg

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
And just to update, the 1.2 coil is amazing so far. It sort of seems silly for them to say one coil is for Nic Salt, and one for standard ejuice, but I can see they did for this.

The 1.2 coil at the medium setting with 12 nic standard is really strong for me, in a good way. Much warmer and more vapor than the 1.8 at the highest. And thinking back, I don't think I could go back to using the 1.8 coil with 12nic standard. It's just not the same. And I would not suggest anyone running nic salt on the 1.2. Maybe a 25mg nicsalt at the very lowest, but I think new vapers would get nic-sick any higher. So I would advise to use as directed regarding the coils.

I seriously love this thing. I don't want to rave too much, but zero issues so far, and I sort of want to throw all my other pods out. I also prefer this to the new Nautilus 2S. It's just a great tank, and a great MTL setup all around.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Have you found anywhere to get coils easily?

I'll be honest...I almost want to keep this to myself in case they get more expensive from other vendors: Geekvape NS Coil for Flint Tank 5pcs

I've never used myvpro until I got the unit, but they shipped it fast, so I just ordered some packs from them which they shipped out quick too. So it's a real. Shipping price made it a little less insane of a deal.

You can get the unit a little cheaper elsewhere; element vape, and myvapestore has the cheapest (but only select colors) if you want to get the unit alone to try first. But if you think you'll like it, getting it with myvpro and the coils at once would be the better deal.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I am a long time vaper but I’ve been out of the loop for YEARS... I haven’t bought a mod or atomizer since 2016! I just started accumulating way too much stuff and I was happy with my box mod Hohm Wrecker G2 and my Boreas RTA.

This past fall I started going back to school though as well as working full time and I really don’t have as much time to build coils and rewick my setup as I used to. I was looking for a vape pod system that offers me better convenience. I know this technically isn’t a pod but it’s the same concept right? And with these you can refill with your own juice or nicotine salt (which I haven’t heard of lol) I remember geekvape from years ago and they typically make good stuff from what I recall.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this but how is the juice consumption? My daily vape right now is a Boreas RTA and I have to refill twice a day at least! Looking for something a bit more efficient and not so much of a juice guzzler to enjoy at school etc.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: stols001

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've ordered from myvpro before, no issues. I use halo unflavored fusion, 80/20 pg/vg 18mg..you think a pg heavy juice would do ok? I'm leaning towards the 1.2 coils because I like a warmer vape

Ah, good to hear. Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'm using 50/50 perfectly without any gurgling or flooding. So I would imagine so. And ya, if you like warmer, I think the 1.2 for sure. That's why I'm going all in on them and sort of leaving the 1.8's behid. But ya, 18mg on the lowest or mid setting of the 1.2 would be really nice I think.

I am a long time vaper but I’ve been out of the loop for YEARS... I haven’t bought a mod or atomizer since 2016! I just started accumulating way too much stuff and I was happy with my box mod Hohm Wrecker G2 and my Boreas RTA.

This past fall I started going back to school though as well as working full time and I really don’t have as much time to build coils and rewick my setup as I used to. I was looking for a vape pod system that offers me better convenience. I know this technically isn’t a pod but it’s the same concept right? And with these you can refill with your own juice or nicotine salt (which I haven’t heard of lol) I remember geekvape from years ago and they typically make good stuff from what I recall.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this but how is the juice consumption? My daily vape right now is a Boreas RTA and I have to refill twice a day at least! Looking for something a bit more efficient and not so much of a juice guzzler to enjoy at school etc.

Thanks!!!

Yeah, this is pretty much a pod, but without the changeability of a pod; where with a pod system, you can take extra's with you and slip them in. But otherwise, same thing-ish.

And juice consumption isn't bad at all with the 1.8. You could probably make it through most of the day. The 1.2 drinks noticeably more, but I would say it's about the same as going through 2ml on a Nautilus or what not. Honestly, the top fill is so easy that doing it on the go would be about as easy as it gets if you had a small bottle with you. But you might want to go 1.8 coils with nic salt and see what all these kids are going on about ;)

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Ah, good to hear. Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'm using 50/50 perfectly without any gurgling or flooding. So I would imagine so. And ya, if you like warmer, I think the 1.2 for sure. That's why I'm going all in on them and sort of leaving the 1.8's behid. But ya, 18mg on the lowest or mid setting of the 1.2 would be really nice I think.

Yeah, this is pretty much a pod, but without the changeability of a pod; where with a pod system, you can take extra's with you and slip them in. But otherwise, same thing-ish.

And juice consumption isn't bad at all with the 1.8. You could probably make it through most of the day. The 1.2 drinks noticeably more, but I would say it's about the same as going through 2ml on a Nautilus or what not. Honestly, the top fill is so easy that doing it on the go would be about as easy as it gets if you had a small bottle with you. But you might want to go 1.8 coils with nic salt and see what all these kids are going on about ;)

I normally buy my nicotine base from vaperstek. They use European Sourced clean nicotine. It is really good and reasonably priced. These salts are about the same price as premade ejuice right? Premade juice is typically better than what Im capable of making but I can never justify the cost of buying the fancy premade stuff. I mean if you want more potent nicotine delivery don’t think Nic salts are necessary just increase the nicotine level by not diluting the base nicotine as much one would think...

So when mixing bottles for the flint, I should have no more than 50% VG? I saw you were vaping a 50/50 blend just curious what the sweet spot is exactly.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I normally buy my nicotine base from vaperstek. They use European Sourced clean nicotine. It is really good and reasonably priced. These salts are about the same price as premade ejuice right? Premade juice is typically better than what Im capable of making but I can never justify the cost of buying the fancy premade stuff. I mean if you want more potent nicotine delivery don’t think Nic salts are necessary just increase the nicotine level by not diluting the base nicotine as much one would think...

So when mixing bottles for the flint, I should have no more than 50% VG? I saw you were vaping a 50/50 blend just curious what the sweet spot is exactly.

Ya, the salts are the same price pretty much. I haven't tried 70vg yet, but I saw some reviews saying that's what they were using and didn't mention any issues. Just based on the size of the holes on the coils, I bet 50/50 is the sweet spot, so I would suggest something close to that ideally. Most nic salts are 50/50 I think, but some 70VG. Anything in that range should be good.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
How has this been holding up so far? The only con that I have seen is that it is a direct output device. Do you feel much of a difference as the battery drains? That's the main thing that is keeping me from purchasing this. Even my minifit stays at the same wattage throughout, so I really like the constant same vape until it dies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
It's been great. The first coil lasted me over a week, and I didn't even need to change, just wanted to get ahead of it. But ya, that is a downfall of it, but since I usually vape at the mid level, I just up it to the max when I notice a drain. Otherwise it's been great, still love it.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I went ahead and ordered one and a pack of 1.6 coils. They didnt have the 1.2, but at least I can give this thing a shot. Been trying to stop buying all the new things, especially since I love the minifit, but this one has had me from the start lol.
Same here. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread