Geekvape Griffin RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Well I got my Boreas a few days ago and I have to say that I much prefer the Griffin 25 over the Boreas. The lack of a separate juice Flow control allows juice to flood the coil which in turn spills out of the airflow when you open it and is one large hot boiling Drop. I don't notice much difference in flavor or vapor but the machining on the Griffin 25 I find to be smoother. I also notice the airflow is more restricted on the Boreas. My Griffin25 has top airflow but even with the top AF closed, the Griffin25 seems less restricted.
As with any tank wicking is the key. If your Boreas leaks, you may not be using enough cotton. Checkout the augvape boreas thread if you need any help.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Week 3, I started to have leaking where the base meet the glass, the spot with the odd o-ring. I tried re-seating the o-ring and switching it, but every time I tried to get the chimney snug............. the o-ring, for better lack of terms would "squish" out the sides......... and leak.
I took the o-ring out as an experiment, refilled the tank, opened the juice control holes- I left for my evening walk 45 minutes ago. Came home, no leaking------------- odd right?

Reactions: Bakseated1

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
As with any tank wicking is the key. If your Boreas leaks, you may not be using enough cotton. Checkout the augvape boreas thread if you need any help.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The Boreas does not leak, and I read the thread. The Boreas just likes to spew out an occasional drop of hot lava from the coil flooding. I am not saying that the Boreas is not a good tank, just that I like the Griffin 25 much better. On the Boreas, without a separate Juice Flow like other RTAs, it is difficult to vape the excess juice out of a flooded coil by closing the juice flow and opening the airflow.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yup, my 510 pin was all the way in, probably what was causing the issue. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of adjustable 510 pins, especially this one. With it tight, the 510 pin doesn't protrude at all.

BOOM!
Great so did adjusting it out fix your issue? The adjustable 510 is so that you can use it on different mods especially mech mods that are direct to battery.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Guys, how many days your wick is lasting? In average..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I always change wick when I change flavor- I typically mix 30ml batches, so I might change my wick once or twice a week. I don't always have my Griffin on my mod, I play switcheroo with my RDAs and RTAs

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
In the couple of days since my replacement deck arrived, I have had zero leaking issues from above the AFC ring. The top is also less wobbly. I get a lot of condensation under the atty, but I can deal with that. So glad I contacted Geekvape about my stripped hex screw and leaking issue.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Guys, how many days your wick is lasting? In average..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, to be honest. I rewick maybe every 7-10 days, even though it doesn't need it.

Really depends on what you're cooking on it. I've been running DIY unflavored for a while, so wicks last a long time. With a store bought liquid, I'd probably be rewicking every 4-5 days.

Decided to twist up some 26ga nichrome, and I'm glad I did - 0.2 ohm build @ 65w is running beautifully. Unflavored 75% VG is excellent on this build, I basically see no reason to add any flavor.

Oh, and clouds, bro. Clouds.

BOOM!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I finally got my Griffin, but out of the box I am unable to open the topfill. The piece that the driptip connects with will not unscrew from the RB lid/stem. Any ideas? Thanks <3 (sorry for lurking so much :)
i find putting any atty in the freezer for about 2 to 5 minutes makes it a lot easier to unscrew stuck connections. (my hands have 0 grip from an old job)

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
i find putting any atty in the freezer for about 2 to 5 minutes makes it a lot easier to unscrew stuck connections. (my hands have 0 grip from an old job)
interesting- it makes sense, I bet the cold causes the metal to contract making the threading easier to move. COOL TIP!!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
interesting- it makes sense, I bet the cold causes the metal to contract making the threading easier to move. COOL TIP!!
i have been doing that for about 6 months. it works great. longest i ever left an atty in the freezer is about 15 minutes.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
i have been doing that for about 6 months. it works great. longest i ever left an atty in the freezer is about 15 minutes.
A set of these work great too, very handy to have around.

5266100-4.jpg

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
A set of these work great too, very handy to have around.

5266100-4.jpg
true,, mine are in the mail. i also found that if i remember to put just a drop of ejuice on the threads as i am putting them together that i wont have to worry about a tool or a freezer :) its the remembering part that gets me sometimes. :)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Why do some Griffin 22m have the Griffin signature on the them and some don't? I bought mine and checked that it was authentic and it was but i see reviews online with some of the tanks have griffin written on the chimney but mine doesn't why are some different?
From what I remember it was changed a little after the first batches were out. Just a design change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread