Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I put the same flavor liquid in the horus as what I've been running in one of my zeus tanks and I don't know if it's better but it's definitely a little different. It's a butterscotch tobacco flavor and in the zeus the butterscotch comes through stronger where in the horus it's more of an even mix between the tobacco and butterscotch.
Interesting... I find my flavor tastes different in some of my tanks that I have. It's kind of strange, but???

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    If you accept the premise that different flavors come through at different temperatures, it makes sense that a coil that is not evenly cooled on all sides (Zeus has airflow on the bottom and both sides, Horus has airflow on the bottom and one side) could produce a flavor that integrates flavors coming through at different temperatures.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Seems I've found bubble glass for the Zeus RTA, specifically the 25mm single rta. It's on the slow boat, so I'll check in once it gets here to update..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    where?? I want one?

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I have been playing with my Digiflavor Themis (mesh edition) for quite sometime and I think now is the time to tell my opinion:

Pros:
    1. It gives the most intense flavor, greater than Zeus and all my other type of tanks.
    2. It take longer before flavor quality degrade to the point a re-wick is necessary compare to tanks that use conventional coil.

Cons:
    1. It is much more troublesome to re-wick because one has to unscrew the net in order to insert new cotton.
    2. Cleaning mesh wire is relatively harder compare to coil, particularly if there is sticky gunk on the mesh wire.
    3. Its 8mm (in width) mesh wire is rare in the market compare to those 10mm mesh wire.

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
    Portugal
    Seems like the right thread to post this:
    BDQFQNd.jpg

My go-to coils for the Zeus's. 26*30 clapton SS316L. 3,5mm spaced on the single at 0.55 and dual contact 2,5mm at 0.26. Using TC on the DNA75 at 40/55W respectively.

Ready to go:
    nabvwWK.jpg

Last edited:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Another interesting single coil rta coming.

I will definitely buy one as I constantly wondered why most if not all top air (leak-free) RTA’s, route the air down, but then it’s mostly SIDE AIR! I’ll compare it to my (OBS NANO MINI, GEEKVAPE ZEUS-Single coil). Top fill cap looks nice, bayonet type connection, like Zeus. So finally, a true bottom air, leak resistant RTA. Hope it’s as good as it looks?

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    The deck has very limited space. I am afraid it will be difficult to use 3.5 or 4mm coil.
    I haven't used a coil larger than 2.5mm in years now. A while ago a member in here suggested going smaller because it gives much better flavor. Works for me.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread