GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromedohm

May 9, 2018
Australia
Closed or open doesn't matter with this tank. The only leak possible would be a tiny bit of liquid that sits in the base and what's left in the coil and wick. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you sir!

Yep, managed to mess up the first rebuild somehow but the second worked out.

Didn't have any leakage regardless of AF when the tank was upside down, only issue was screwing the deck back in with everything upside down with a full load :p

Last edited:

TheoGR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Heraklion, Greece
Hey guys need your help...

I got the zeus for 3 months now and it's a love-hate relationship... If the build is successful is the best flavor I ever had, if not then the flavor is muted and I hate my life... The thing is that I have no idea what makes the build successful...

I use mostly premade GeekVape Framed staple fused clapton coils (26g+32g KA1/N80) and Im considering using something else, but I don't know what...

Which wire do you use for your zeus single coil?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hey guys need your help...

I got the zeus for 3 months now and it's a love-hate relationship... If the build is successful is the best flavor I ever had, if not then the flavor is muted and I hate my life... The thing is that I have no idea what makes the build successful...

I use mostly premade GeekVape Framed staple fused clapton coils (26g+32g KA1/N80) and Im considering using something else, but I don't know what...

Which wire do you use for your zeus single coil?
I use an 3.5mm 8/7 wrap of 22ga N80 @50W.

• Informative
Reactions: TheoGR

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thank you guys... So I'll test pure N80 and see how it goes...
Btw do you twist the coil after you install it so it's completely parallel to the posts or do you leave it as it is for easier wicking?
I run it parallel and bring the thinned out tails (Rayon) over and down.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
On the Wrecker G2, an oldie but a goody!

Wrecker G2.jpg

bover907

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Thank you guys... So I'll test pure N80 and see how it goes...
Btw do you twist the coil after you install it so it's completely parallel to the posts or do you leave it as it is for easier wicking?
I just wind the wire the other way, and wicking is a cinch. (By other way, I mean the opposite of the way every youtuber winds a coil in their video). So, like holding the screwdriver in the right hand, and winding with the left. Then the leg of the coil is on the opposite side of the angle you have to bend the cotton. It helps a lot.

Reactions: KC0YNU

KennyInTN

Apr 17, 2018
Tennessee
Been a few weeks since I got my Zeus RTA and Cylon, as previously posted about. During this time I've come quite proficient in making coils and wicking. I started making spaced coils and find that I like them best on the Zeus, plain SS wire. Tried Clapton and I did not like the flavor. On the SS spaced coils and Bacon Cotton V2, the taste/flavor is just incredible for me. Last week I replaced my Nitecore I4 charger with an Enova Gyrfalcon All - 88 8 bay charger. Love this charger. It will charge all eight bays at 1 Amp. I also recently got into LED Flashlights, and both my mods and flashlights run on 18650 batteries, so having eight bays is great. BTW, I had been looking at the All 88 for a while and every place I looked they were out of stock. Saw a recommendation on one of the flashlight forums to check out Mountain Electronics here in the US. They have the All 88 in stock and it is the latest model (white text on the display). I have not used it in professional mode, just in the auto mode since all of my batteries are 18650 and Lithium Ion that charges at 4.2 volts is one of the batteries that it will auto detect when you insert the cells. Still, I check the readout on each battery to make sure it made the correct selection.

Again, so glad that I found this thread about the Geek Vape Zeus RTA. It has completely changed my vaping experience in a positive way. Only con I can think of is it has forced me to make more frequently my ejuice recipes. The Zeus RTA is a juice hog. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How do you find Horus compare with Zeus?

I've been using it for a little while now but have only done one build on it. I would say that the flavor is comparable to the zeus but so far I don't think it's better. It has two airflow holes on each side and I've been running it with one open. It doesn't seem to me that the horus has as much airflow as the zeus but it has plenty for me. I like the top cap better on the zeus since it's easy on and off where the horus top cap is actually threaded. The horus is a good top airflow tank and I think it's worth adding to your arsenal.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I put the same flavor liquid in the horus as what I've been running in one of my zeus tanks and I don't know if it's better but it's definitely a little different. It's a butterscotch tobacco flavor and in the zeus the butterscotch comes through stronger where in the horus it's more of an even mix between the tobacco and butterscotch.

Reactions: KC0YNU
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread