GeekVape Zeus RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Here you go Franck! This was a new set of coils that are 3mm ID. Tiger wire. Came out to 0.17 ohm. Wicking beautifully at 58 watts. Tails are not quite touching the juice deck. And NO leaking when filling!

View attachment 740345 View attachment 740347 View attachment 740345 View attachment 740347 View attachment 740349 View attachment 740351 View attachment 740353 View attachment 740355
Great looking build mate,your build and wick pics always look so good,I tried it with wicks that long and it didn't work that great for me,for now I just have them sitting on top of wick hole,tucked in just a little bit,I find that if I put more than that in there I get a very weak vape,wispy vapor production as well....

Reactions: KC0YNU

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Spacing... You could park trucks between those loops. ;)

Spacing allows for no need to dry burn, no hot spots. Also allows cotton pockets for juice to reside.

Try it sometime. :)
Makes since to me bud,I'll give it a shot,what kind of tiger are you using if you don't mind me asking please ?

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Spacing... You could park trucks between those loops. ;)

Spacing allows for no need to dry burn, no hot spots. Also allows cotton pockets for juice to reside.

Try it sometime. :)
Very nice looking build. I've been experimenting with spacing my coils lately too. No problems working out hot spots as you mention, and I seem to get a smoother and more dense vape since I'm not drying out the cotton the entire width of the coil at once. The 'pockets' in between the loops feed the dry spots where the coil wires touch the cotton and it seems to 'recover' more quickly if that makes sense.

I dunno, not considering myself a total convert yet, but I've had good experiences with spacing my coils. :)

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Very nice looking build. I've been experimenting with spacing my coils lately too. No problems working out hot spots as you mention, and I seem to get a smoother and more dense vape since I'm not drying out the cotton the entire width of the coil at once. The 'pockets' in between the loops feed the dry spots where the coil wires touch the cotton and it seems to 'recover' more quickly if that makes sense.

I dunno, not considering myself a total convert yet, but I've had good experiences with spacing my coils

It works for me. And many others agree...spaced coils give me a denser vape (as you mention) and allow me to span the deck as needed.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Makes since to me bud,I'll give it a shot,what kind of tiger are you using if you don't mind me asking please ?

Franck, I use Deamon Killer Tiger wire that is a strand of 26 GA with a 0.2x0.8 ribbon wire wrapped around it. All Kanthal. But I use other Clapton style wire (staple, fused, etc) on other attys. But I do like the Tiger quite a bit.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Franck, I use Deamon Killer Tiger wire that is a strand of 26 GA with a 0.2x0.8 ribbon wire wrapped around it. All Kanthal. But I use other Clapton style wire (staple, fused, etc) on other attys. But I do like the Tiger quite a bit.
Really demon killer !! I've used they're stuff in the past and didn't like that much,thanks my friend,I'll give it a go ..

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Really demon killer !! I've used they're stuff in the past and didn't like that much,thanks my friend,I'll give it a go ..

That is the only thing I have bought from Demon Killer, so I have no idea about their other products. I have no issues with their Tiger wire. I'm sure you can find it from another company. Let me know if you do try it and what brand you go with.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
That is the only thing I have bought from Demon Killer, so I have no idea about their other products. I have no issues with their Tiger wire. I'm sure you can find it from another company. Let me know if you do try it and what brand you go with.
Will do Doug,I looked around last night but sadly only demon killer came up,I bought they're alien spools and it was pretty bad to be honest,I use chain link wire from coilology but it's pretty springy so spacing it is proving to be quiet the challenge,been looking at that juggernaut from qp design and it's been calling at me but at $78 US dollars not sure if very different from the Themis or the Zeus dual to be honest,any thoughts guys and gals :thumb:

Reactions: DP2Raja

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Based on the responses I will leave AF 50% open and proceed with caution (and tissues) :p
Closed or open doesn't matter with this tank. The only leak possible would be a tiny bit of liquid that sits in the base and what's left in the coil and wick. Nothing to worry about.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Closed or open doesn't matter with this tank. The only leak possible would be a tiny bit of liquid that sits in the base and what's left in the coil and wick. Nothing to worry about.
yeah I got scared for a minute because I was not closing air flow. I do that in my bottom air flow tanks of course but would not have thought to do it in this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread